Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 11:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan On Corey Taylor For VR 'One Of The Guys Is Not Into It'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan On Corey Taylor For VR 'One Of The Guys Is Not Into It'  (Read 6895 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: June 02, 2011, 01:30:53 PM »

Duff was recently interviewed on New Zealand's The Rock FM.  Regarding Corey Taylor he says:

"We played with Corey -- I think Corey, myself, is the best and brightest singer of the new generation, great song writer, he's everything.  But in a band everybody's got to be on the same page.  And we're a democracy, and if one of the guys is not into it, ya know, because we're going to war together, once we, if we ever find a new sing." (5:25)

Audio here: http://www.therock.net.nz/On-the-phone-with-Duff-McKagan/tabid/381/articleID/15049/Default.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:41:40 PM »

I wonder if Duff and Matt would ever start a new band with Corey Taylor if Slash continues on with his solo work.  Duff sure likes him.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 04:30:05 PM »

I would be in favor of that.  I would much rather have Slash on the album, but there are a lot of good guitar players out there.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 06:41:09 PM »

Someone's gotta step up and say "look, we're doing this!". Even democracy's have got to have someone in charge.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »

Someone's gotta step up and say "look, we're doing this!". Even democracy's have got to have someone in charge.

Yeah, Matt seems to be at that point now, but Duff still appears to be alright with continuing to look.

But if VR is over, they may start looking at all their options.

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:05:15 AM »

Slash is kinda in charge and he didnt want Corey for whatever reason.  And he doesnt seem to wanna do VR anytime soon so we wait i guess...  Sad

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 08:32:19 AM »

Slash is in charge, I agree....  I don't think he was ever fully on board with Scott, and he will be damned if he is forced into that again.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 03:21:34 PM »

Slash is in charge, I agree....  I don't think he was ever fully on board with Scott, and he will be damned if he is forced into that again.

If Slash had his way it appears he'd choose Myles.  I like Myles, but I don't think he's the right person to front Velvet Revolver.  Just sayin'. Smiley

Ace_954
Opening Act

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »

I haven't heard enough to give an informed opinion of Corey. But I have to question Slash's taste in singers considering he puts Myles up on a pedestal when he sequels like a pig in a whiny tone on stage for 2 hours a night. I don't know how Slash listens to it night after night. Maybe he doesn't hear him that well. I'm sure that would have to be the case.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 12:55:06 PM »

I just don't think Corey fits Slash's style.

Slash is chasing the Axl type vocalist who can do it all.

Myles of course is nowhere in Axl's league but he can at least sing everything and is pleasant to work with.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 01:12:29 PM »

You might have something there. Since he has become sober the personality and what he is willing to put up with has changed. Well before Slash gave the interview in which he said no VR. I read and interview by Todd Kerns I remember 2 things he said. The next album would be done by the solo band. He said "were a band now" and then he said (paraphrasing) Slash is in a totally positive enviorment with us.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 02:19:35 PM »

... and is pleasant to work with.

That says it all.

I think that's probably goes for his entire band, they're basically obscure guys (beyond Kennedy)
that haven't had much success/fame who are happy to be in the situation they're in.

One thing to ponder as well, Slash really doesn't need Duff or Matt at this point so maybe a situation where "all have to be on the same page" might not be that appealing.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 12:14:13 PM »

I watched Corey with Duff at the Golden God awards or whatever it was called and I am with Slash on this.

Sure he is a big name etc.. but I can see how he isn't Slash's type of vocalist. Slash is looking for Axl,Sebastian,Cornell type vocalists and Corey *i know i am a bit ignorant on his career* but from what I've heard he is more of the Scott Weiland type of vocalist. thats how it sounded anyway on the awards show. Slash wants that vocalist who can cover his entire career.. sing Slither but also Rocket Queen flawlessly

Slash also understands he is gonna make his money touring as nobody buys records. So he wants someone who is versatile enough to sing all GNR.

im sick of the Brownstone/Its So Easy vocalist cause it shows how inferior they are to Axl only being able to do the lower register ones.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2011, 02:00:30 PM »

Slash is looking for.. Sebastian, ...type vocalists

I don't think Slash wants anything to do with the vocalist highlighted above.  Zero, zilch, nada.

im sick of the Brownstone/Its So Easy vocalist cause it shows how inferior they are to Axl only being able to do the lower register ones.

I thought Weiland did a good job on it and the Avenged Sevenfold dude nailed it at the Golden Gods.

Just my opinion..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2011, 02:32:39 PM »

oh yeah they do a great job BUT my point is, they do those cause its the only GNR songs they can sing.

Slash wants someone that can pull off anything in the GNR catalog.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2011, 02:43:25 PM »

oh yeah they do a great job BUT my point is, they do those cause its the only GNR songs they can sing.

Slash wants someone that can pull off anything in the GNR catalog.

I think Slash feels he has that person in Kennedy.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »

Nah, nobody can pull off anything of the GnR catalog exept Axl. I think it's a shame when Myles sing Nightrain and Paradise City. Kennedy is a good vocalist, but I don't think he works with GnR or Velvet Revolver songs.... If a singer wich legitimetly can cover the GnR songs is what Slash is looking for, he'll have to look forever...

anyway...that's probably not what he's looking for.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 03:41:56 PM »

Myles does a great job doing GNR. He doesn't have Axl's rasp,power or emotion but he can at least hit the notes and do the songs justice. thats bout all u can ask for.

westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 03:47:08 PM »

Doesn't have to be pretty just cause he hit the notes....wich he really doesn't....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »

I watched Corey with Duff at the Golden God awards or whatever it was called and I am with Slash on this.

Sure he is a big name etc.. but I can see how he isn't Slash's type of vocalist. Slash is looking for Axl,Sebastian,Cornell type vocalists and Corey *i know i am a bit ignorant on his career* but from what I've heard he is more of the Scott Weiland type of vocalist. thats how it sounded anyway on the awards show. Slash wants that vocalist who can cover his entire career.. sing Slither but also Rocket Queen flawlessly

Slash also understands he is gonna make his money touring as nobody buys records. So he wants someone who is versatile enough to sing all GNR.

No offense D, but we don't really know what Slash's problem with Corey Taylor was, or that for matter exactly what he feels is the right for VR. I don't recall him ever giving a specific critique of Taylor.

Ali
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: