Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 02:31:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228496 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash Rejects Beautiful Dangerous Re-Mix; Corey Never A Serious VR Contender
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash Rejects Beautiful Dangerous Re-Mix; Corey Never A Serious VR Contender  (Read 2340 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: May 19, 2011, 12:55:14 PM »

Slash Rejects Dance Re-Mix Offer

05/19/2011

Slash has revealed that he refused to remix one of his hit singles as a dance version despite the fact it could have been a huge cross-over hit. Slash stuck to his rock guns and declined the offer, which is something he insists he has no regrets over. In an interview with Tom Russell, from Rock Radio, Slash said:

"I was asked to remix 'Beautiful Dangerous' [featuring Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas] to more of a dance version but I would only remix it to a certain extent, as the way they wanted to [do it] I was like... 'I can't do that'".

"So it just had to stay pretty much as it was and it didn't slip into mainstream rock radio at this point but I'm actually prouder of the fact we didn't re-cut it or remix it for that".

His self-titled solo record featured a host of all-star guest vocalists but for the follow-up he has handed the mic, and song writing tasks, to just one man ? Myles Kennedy. And Slash says the process is moving ahead at top-speed with a new record on course for next year.

He explained: "At the moment we have the same exact band as last time with Myles on vocals. He is one of the most fantastic singers I've ever worked with, he is amazing. So we are actually knee deep in the writing for the next record as we're all going to perform on it."

"It's going to be really good as the material we have is awesome. Our turnaround between records is a little slow because we?ve been touring so much but it should come out next year."

"The thought (to play some of the new tracks on tour this summer) has crossed my mind but if there's something developed enough to the point where we can pull that off then we will as I think that'd be a cool thing to do but we haven't had a chance to actually go into a studio and rehearse with this stuff."

"So lately it's been a lot of writing and I'll send a copy of something I wrote to Myles and he'll write lyrics to it but we haven't got in as a band to start doing pre production yet."

He also revealed that Corey Taylor was NEVER a serious contender for the frontman role in Velvet Revolver and the rumours linking him to the band were blown way out of proportion by the press ? and six months after he had tried out:

"There is a lot of controversy over this one. Yes, Corey came down but we had kept it pretty quiet but word got out that we had worked with him. We had written some songs with him and made some demos and stuff but it just didn't end up working out."

"Then word got out about him coming down way after the fact. So then it became this new rumour that was six-months behind schedule but it didn't end up working out."

As this week marked a year since the tragic passing of ex-Black Sabbath, Rainbow and Heaven & Hell singer Ronnie James Dio, Tom asked if Slash had ever met the great man:

"Ronnie was awesome and one of my favourite singers of all-time. It only seems like yesterday. I never worked with him but we both had our hands in the Rock Walk of Fame in LA at the same time. And that was the first time we ever met and he was a true gentleman and one of the nicest, unassuming rock stars you could ever meet."

Rock Radio

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »

Well, everyone else in the band seemed to think he was a serious contender. And word of him working with them came about... one week after both Slash and Matt were talking about working with "someone" and Perla tweeted that she was having dinner with "Slash and Corey". And it wasn't until after that Slash's brother said that Corey was in the band... so hardly 6 months out of date information.

In fact, I think the way it went down was just someone on the internet said the description of the guy they were working with matched with Corey's resume, and when it came up in interviews based purely on those suggestions, they all clammed up like "how the fuck do they know that?"
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 09:41:59 PM »

Well, everyone else in the band seemed to think he was a serious contender. And word of him working with them came about... one week after both Slash and Matt were talking about working with "someone" and Perla tweeted that she was having dinner with "Slash and Corey". And it wasn't until after that Slash's brother said that Corey was in the band... so hardly 6 months out of date information.

In fact, I think the way it went down was just someone on the internet said the description of the guy they were working with matched with Corey's resume, and when it came up in interviews based purely on those suggestions, they all clammed up like "how the fuck do they know that?"

I wouldnt mind seeing Duff and Matt do something with Corey at this point, get a different guitar player in there under a different band name.  Then again who knows if Corey is even up for it.  It seems as though he was up for the VR gig which was surprising since he is already in 2 bands that are more successful than VR, playing big gigs.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 03:20:53 PM »

The full interview:

SLASH Talks VAN HALEN, Next Album, COREY TAYLOR Rumors And RONNIE JAMES DIO (Audio) - May 20, 2011

On May 17, Tom Russell of U.K.'s Rock Radio conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES). You can now listen to the chat using the audio player below. A couple of excerpts follow.

On VAN HALEN:

Slash: "They're finishing [up their new album right now], actually. I don't wanna speak on their behalf, but one of the guys that works for us works for VAN HALEN in the studio and he told me that they're in the mixing stages."

On his current touring band and next solo album:

Slash: "We have the same exact band [as the one that was on tour last year], with Myles [Kennedy of ALTER BRIDGE] on vocals. The band is so great and Myles is one of the most fantastic singers I've ever worked with or even seen or heard; he is amazing. So we are actually knee-deep in writing for the next record. We're all going to perform on it. It's gonna be really, really good; the material we have is awesome."

"The turnaround between records is a little slow because we?ve been touring so much, but [the next album] will come out next year."

"The thought [of debuting some of the new tracks on tour this summer] has crossed my mind, so if there's something that's developed enough to the point where we can pull that off, then we will, 'cause I think that'd be a cool thing to do. But we haven't had a chance to actually go into a studio and rehearse this stuff. Lately it's just been a lot of writing, and I'll send a copy of something I wrote to Myles and he writes lyrics to it, but we haven't gotten in as a band and started doing pre-production yet."

On the rumor that SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor was being seriously considered for the singer position in VELVET REVOLVER:

Slash: "There is a lot of controversy over this one. Corey came down and we had kept it pretty quiet and then word got out that we had worked with him. And we did write some songs with him and made demos and all that kind of stuff, but it just didn't end up working out. But then word got out about him coming down way after the fact. So then it became this new rumor that was six months behind schedule. But it didn't end up working out."

On the one-year anniversary of Ronnie James Dio's death:

Slash: "Ronnie was awesome, one of my favorite singers of all time. It only seems like yesterday [that he died]. I never worked with him but we both got our hands in the [Hollywood] RockWalk in L.A. at the same time. And that was the first time we ever met. He was a true gentleman ? one of the nicest, unassuming rock stars you'll ever meet."

Interview (audio): http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=158402

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: