Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:20:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're working on new songs for Guns n' Roses everyday" - DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're working on new songs for Guns n' Roses everyday" - DJ Ashba  (Read 19531 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »

because without any release or any form of musical teaser it doesnt matter to music listeners how many songs they're working on!

Funny.

You won't have any fucking "teasers" like you demand without them working on songs to begin with.

So it should matter.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »

because without any release or any form of musical teaser it doesnt matter to music listeners how many songs they're working on!

Basically, you're just not interested in what the band does between album releases as long nothing is concrete... that's fine but a lot of other fans, I suppose like me, do find it quite interesting to read about what the band and its members are doing in between the making of albums for GN'R,  without making such a big deal out of it...just nice to hear that they work on new music.
For me, I would appreciate if the other band members would also (dare) say more stuff like DJ has done. Without news/rumors, this forum would very boring, don't you think?  Grin

I like to read (or see/hear interviews) about music and the persons making it, and evenmore about my fav band.

peace

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2011, 12:25:30 PM »

Funny.

You won't have any fucking "teasers" like you demand without them working on songs to begin with.

So it should matter.

/jarmo

we dont have any official musical teasers! goin back to "they must write stuff first before you can hear them".....eh, come on!
they even do have 1-2 more CDs in the vaults...no teasers aswell.
"today we've worked on another kick-ass song" <-- YYIIPPPIEEE!
"last week we wrote some beautiful piano stuff"  <-- WOW!!

fine for people getting excited about stuff like this (i see the point, "The Prez") but based on the "GN'R experience" we most likely wont hear any of that music any soon.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »

You really have a weird concept of reality.

Just because you have finished material, doesn't mean you need to put clips of it online because somebody demands it.

Especially if you don't have a release date for the song(s) in question!

You need to go back into hiding and the "waiting" for the new material, or at least wait for the next show you're not attending so you can whine about the setlist.

The whining is getting old. Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 01:22:32 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2011, 02:13:43 PM »

^^your opinion, when many others would more tend to agree that Axl camp has that "weird concept of reality" often.
i'm not following your logic because i didnt say or mean it like you've mentioned, let alone i have "demanded" anything here. people can feel free to jump around and headbang all night for that info from Mr. DJ that they're working on new songs for GN'R everyday. wont change my opinion that we wont be able to hear that music (parts) soon or at all.
but seriously what would be so hard to put out a little teaser? everybody and her sister can upload little things by now. other bands do that all the time, they've more and more adapted to the digital world of music spreading, fans interaction etc. and before you argue that fans will "demand" even more after that, its about how you put things out. once again: not demanding anything here....but would it be more cool? sure! cant it be done easily? off course!

nice off-topic setlist hint from you by the way.
you dont even have a clue how many Guns shows i've really attended.

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2011, 02:24:46 PM »

GN'R does what they feel like when they feel like it.

It's been obvious for me for quite a while.

Dj says they write songs and you start demanding "teasers". For something that has no release date.

Makes no sense to me.

It's very easy to say things like "it's easy to upload a new song online" when you only have to type those words on a keyboard.

Just for discussion's sake, since I don't know, and you probably don't know either, did you check how the record company (or whoever owns or would release the music) feels about your idea?

Since apparently GN'R can just upload unreleased music to the Internet just like that, I'm sure you must know all the contracts and the whole business side of things?

I happen to believe that every decision made has at least one reason behind it.

So if GN'R doesn't upload teasers this or the next week, they have a good reason not to. You on the other hand believe that there's no reason, anybody can do it!

Or you just conveniently choose to ignore that aspect altogether...

/jarmo

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2011, 04:11:07 PM »

- "GN'R does what they feel like when they feel like it."
- "I happen to believe that every decision made has at least one reason behind it."

eh? feelings for decisions or reasons for decisions or a combination of both or sometimes this, somethimes that and sometimes both?
thats common stuff that can be used everytime as "argument" for or against things.

better video (as told by Axl 12/2008)? - plans changed, no reason or feeling given
live shows-streams (as told by Fernando end 2009 or early 2010)? - plans changed, no reason or feeling given

there is lots of stuff they could do, have talked about, dont talk about but they simply dont do......and we dont know why and are intentionally left in the dark.

once again, Mr. J: i did NOT (repeat did NOT) demand any teasers! why do you repeately bring up smth. i've never said? i dont put words in your mouth you didnt say, neither, so please stop that.
and why couldnt some "by-Axl-approved-rehearsal-clips" (not full songs) make it on some online page officially just because there is no release date? short clips/release date dont have to have a common connection!
i'm hell sure fans would love it!

yeah, the record company thing probably might be more complicated.....still IMO thats smth. Axl camp should have had enough time to figure it out properly and i dont buy it when it comes to "teasers" or short clips etc. they allowed new songs to be aired high quality on tv for Rock Am Ring'06-broadcast wayyy before we've had an official release date!

Re-Union time, baby!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2011, 04:16:25 PM »

I don't think GN'R would do anything in regards to releasing any such "teasers", and why should they?. In terms of the next record, why wouldn't they want the "mystery", element which was present during the run-up to Chinese Democracy.  Lips Sealed

The closest thing we got to a "teaser" was the Boston TV promo in 2002, where you could hear cuts from songs like CD and Madagasar. But GN'R is not the kind of band to do this generally, and yes I know alot of bands do, but that's them.

GN'R runs in their own way, some fans wish they could be more transparent and accomidating in regards to giving fans multimedia here or there. And then you have some fans, who like the mysterious element from never being "let in" if you like, into GN'Rs' vault or plans.

It's just the way it is... but GN'R have always been like that, so it's not like we can start complaining now.  Undecided
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 04:17:56 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2011, 05:28:16 PM »

eh? feelings for decisions or reasons for decisions or a combination of both or sometimes this, somethimes that and sometimes both?
thats common stuff that can be used everytime as "argument" for or against things.

Umm, if you feel like doing something, that could be the only reason to do it!  hihi

better video (as told by Axl 12/2008)? - plans changed, no reason or feeling given
live shows-streams (as told by Fernando end 2009 or early 2010)? - plans changed, no reason or feeling given

They had at least one reason I'm sure!  Smiley

there is lots of stuff they could do, have talked about, dont talk about but they simply dont do......and we dont know why and are intentionally left in the dark.

Does it bother you? It didn't happen. Too bad.

once again, Mr. J: i did NOT (repeat did NOT) demand any teasers! why do you repeately bring up smth. i've never said? i dont put words in your mouth you didnt say, neither, so please stop that.

Ok, you were asking why they can't do it.

I explained that there's probably at least one reason for it.

You feel like you have to know the reason behind every decision even though it doesn't make a big difference to most fans.

Do you think somebody might need to know why GN'R doesn't stream every show on the Internet? If that person knows they don't, will it make things different to know the reason(s) why?

and why couldnt some "by-Axl-approved-rehearsal-clips" (not full songs) make it on some online page officially just because there is no release date? short clips/release date dont have to have a common connection!

Let's do what you are quite good at, assuming shit.

I'll assume that he doesn't want to put rehearsal clips online. So, then what? You want to know why? Will it change anything? The clips won't appear either way.

yeah, the record company thing probably might be more complicated.....still IMO thats smth. Axl camp should have had enough time to figure it out properly and i dont buy it when it comes to "teasers" or short clips etc. they allowed new songs to be aired high quality on tv for Rock Am Ring'06-broadcast wayyy before we've had an official release date

You think they should have enough time? Based on what? You know they never tried? How do you know?

How do you know none of the things you suggested weren't actually something that GN'R have tried doing at some point?

As I said, it's very easy to list things you want to happen when you don't have to take anything into account.

/jarmo

Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2011, 06:49:55 PM »

Christ on a bike, they're probably just messing around with potential ideas at home when they get time. Members of the band are busy with other things.

Dj - New Sixx AM record, plus touring and working on the horror movie soundtrack
Tommy - Touring with his punk band
Richard - Filling in for Viv Campbell on Thin Lizzy tour (which is coming to my town).
Bumblefoot - Recording a song a month

I doubt Guns will do anything before RIR4, except a rehearsal a week or so before.

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 07:16:57 PM »

Christ on a bike, they're probably just messing around with potential ideas at home when they get time. Members of the band are busy with other things.

Dj - New Sixx AM record, plus touring and working on the horror movie soundtrack
Tommy - Touring with his punk band
Richard - Filling in for Viv Campbell on Thin Lizzy tour (which is coming to my town).
Bumblefoot - Recording a song a month

I doubt Guns will do anything before RIR4, except a rehearsal a week or so before.

That's exactly what I meant about it's dangerous in terms of the media reporting that GN'R are working on material everyday. Because we know, based on your excellent post, that this is far from the truth.  Roll Eyes

But I'm not going to argue the toss, people are always going to defend DJ because he is in the band. I support DJ and GN'R, but I'm going to be truthful and say that in my view, it was probably best not to say what DJ did.

Even if he is throwing around ideas at home with his guitar.  Tongue
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »

why upload music when there ain't no fucking release date make no since to me
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2011, 02:23:47 AM »

Umm, if you feel like doing something, that could be the only reason to do it!  hihi

the "feeling"-argument!   Smiley

They had at least one reason I'm sure!  Smiley

the "objective reason"-argument now  Wink

Does it bother you? It didn't happen. Too bad.

Ok, you were asking why they can't do it.

I explained that there's probably at least one reason for it.

You feel like you have to know the reason behind every decision even though it doesn't make a big difference to most fans.

Do you think somebody might need to know why GN'R doesn't stream every show on the Internet? If that person knows they don't, will it make things different to know the reason(s) why?

you're twisting the point again here. in this case its not about "having to know every reason behind decisions/no-decisions" but about when Axl camp decides to speak and talks about stuff like "better video out in about a week or so" or Fernando updating with "live-shows-to-be-streamed" but nothing happens.....it would absolutely NOT harm to give fans the reasons for not doing stuff the inner circle (not some guitar tech or so) kinda promised before, its even more a normal thing regarding these issues/promises to tell why these plans have changed again. add that good communication cant hurt.

Let's do what you are quite good at, assuming shit.

I'll assume that he doesn't want to put rehearsal clips online. So, then what? You want to know why? Will it change anything? The clips won't appear either way.

ah, bashing time? nice!
and again you twisted it, previously you've meant that it makes no sense to put such clips online "when there is no release date", i disagreed about that connection and will repeat it: you dont have to have a release date in sight to post some rehearsal clips or smth., there is no need for such a connection, period.
would people like to see/hear such small things? (*watch out, i'm "assuming shit" again now:*) HELL SURE!

yeah, the record company thing probably might be more complicated.....still IMO thats smth. Axl camp should have had enough time to figure it out properly and i dont buy it when it comes to "teasers" or short clips etc. they allowed new songs to be aired high quality on tv for Rock Am Ring'06-broadcast wayyy before we've had an official release date

You think they should have enough time? Based on what? You know they never tried? How do you know?

How do you know none of the things you suggested weren't actually something that GN'R have tried doing at some point?

As I said, it's very easy to list things you want to happen when you don't have to take anything into account.

/jarmo

i cant know when being left in the dark  Wink 
"enough time" is based on the fact that there have been so many silent years, years in where people'd think a professional big band would have figured out issues like that by now.
they provenly could do such things before as i've mentioned new live songs to be on tv broadcast high quality when there wasnt even a release date in sight (Rock Am Ring 2006).

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2011, 10:31:04 AM »

Would fans love to see anything the band puts out? Of course. Nobody's denying that! People aren't stupid.

Your problem seems to be that you need to know every reason behind every decision the band makes. So, answer me, does it matter that you don't? You still don't have your teasers or rehearsal clips.

Did it ever occur to you that something that seems easy and sounds like a good idea to you might not to somebody else? Only because you don't know what the other person knows.

It's pretty simple. You might not even realize, but it's true not only for people in the band compared to fans.

But instead of accepting that, you feel like you are owed explanations for everything instead of just realizing things didn't go as planned, but hopefully they will another time.

I don't know the exact reason why it's raining outside now. I don't really need to know, if I step outside I'll get wet. That's all that matters.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 11:32:39 AM by jarmo » Logged

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2011, 03:07:09 PM »

Jarmo,  do you think it would be out of line for you to ask the band to give the fans an 'update' on the status of the next album?

During his recent chats with the fans DJ teased "a Christmas one" when asked if the fans can expect the next album this year, and confirmed he is currently writing music WITH Axl.  Maybe you can ask for clarification on this statement, as far as whether expecting a release this year is indeed realistic.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 03:11:20 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2011, 03:42:38 PM »

Jarmo,  do you think it would be out of line for you to ask the band to give the fans an 'update' on the status of the next album?

Look at what we know... The band didn't release everything they recorded on Chinese Democracy.

So there must be material that is somewhat done. Axl has even mentioned some song titles.

Then you have Dj saying that they work on songs. Are these completely new songs or the songs mentioned earlier? We don't know, but they're still new because we haven't heard them...

But it's not just about getting the songs done. Chinese Democracy was done for a while before we could actually buy it.

There's more things involved.

So, would you be happy with something like "Yeah, we have songs ready, but we need to figure out how to best present them to you"?

Or "We're working on new material and hopefully we can get it out soon"?

I'm thinking some fans would just think "Oh great another update that doesn't say anything".

As usual....

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2011, 03:59:52 PM »

True.  Either way, DJ saying they're currently working on the next album is good news, since I imagine they wouldn't work on these tracks just to keep them unreleased.

Unreleased tracks like The General, Atlas Shrugged, & Soul Monster have reached an almost mythical status over the years and it would have been a shame to not hear them.  I'm looking forward to hearing what DJ adds to them.
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2011, 04:03:33 PM »

Look at what we know... The band didn't release everything they recorded on Chinese Democracy.

So there must be material that is somewhat done. Axl has even mentioned some song titles.

Then you have Dj saying that they work on songs. Are these completely new songs or the songs mentioned earlier? We don't know, but they're still new because we haven't heard them...

But it's not just about getting the songs done. Chinese Democracy was done for a while before we could actually buy it.

There's more things involved.

So, would you be happy with something like "Yeah, we have songs ready, but we need to figure out how to best present them to you"?

Or "We're working on new material and hopefully we can get it out soon"?

I'm thinking some fans would just think "Oh great another update that doesn't say anything".

As usual....

/jarmo

I don't think the irony is lost when I say the most exciting things that have happened to me this century with this band, were;

1. confirmation of headlining Leeds 2002
2. Headlining Download 2006
3. The release date of CD in 2008
4. The news that they were doing an O2 show in 2010 (then upgraded to 2 shows)

All of which were delivered on, all had their own bit of magic and all being enough of a tease to get the mood going....
Many of you have far more experiences than this, but I hope the point is made, let them deliver stuff when they are ready, that way we all win  beer

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2011, 04:21:30 PM »

I don't think you can blame people for wanting to be "let in" or better informed in regards to GN'R. Especially when we can see other bands communicate with their fans everyday, and provide music, videos and news on a weekly basis.  Shocked

But as I said before, GN'R has always been like this, and it's not nothing new really. I think some members of the band like Ron would love for GN'R to be more like this, but unfortunately for us, it seems like it's not on the cards.  Tongue

I too was hopeful when we heard of the Better video, the live concert videos, the 2006 tour documentary, the promise to answer fans questions and countless other stuff that never materialised.... Would this make a GN'R fan unhappy, and feel let down?, you bet it would as it's a normal human reaction. So rather than totally discrediting people who react like this, I think it's better to try to understand them better, because at the end of the day. We all feel those emotions when something doesn't come to pass regarding plans, because we love GN'R and want them to be the best they can be.  ok
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:23:36 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2011, 04:23:30 PM »

The amusing thing is that no matter what GN'R chooses to release next, some won't be happy:

Songs that were worked on while they worked on the songs that ended up on CD -> "These songs are old! Why not release something new? I want some new songs!"
Completely new songs -> "Why didn't they release the older songs first? Why are they saving them? Makes no sense, they belong with the CD songs!"

rofl

/jarmo

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: