Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 12:21:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "We're working on new songs for Guns n' Roses everyday" - DJ Ashba
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "We're working on new songs for Guns n' Roses everyday" - DJ Ashba  (Read 19539 times)
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: April 26, 2011, 05:20:00 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox26iCm62go&feature=player_embedded

Great news!

If love is blind i guess i'l buy myself a cane..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »

Cool -- let's see what they do with them. smoking

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 05:42:42 PM »

Sounds promising, I preordered the Sixx AM record, I really enjoyed the first album!

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »

Lyrically and vocally, Sixx AM are a bit hit and miss for me. I've heard a few of these new tracks and some of them sound killer, I'm a big fan of Ashba and his playing, can't wait to hear him on something with Axl.

Vicious Wishes
VIP

Madam in Eden im Adam

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:45:38 PM »

Very nice to hear that. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but still great to hear.

We're not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience, we're spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.
Axl8302
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 05:51:44 PM »

Very nice to hear that. Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but still great to hear.

Sure, but it's nice to know that there at least SOME plans for these guys to get in the studio again and create something new. Really hoping we get the rest of the CD era tracks first though!

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »

Lol, Axl and Ashba locked away in Axl's basement!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »

I can't wait too hear what they come up with, with Dj on board. Going to be some great freaking stuff.  beer

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 08:56:29 PM »

I really dont' want to rain on everyones parade but, I think DJ says alot of things loosely. He said a while ago that you won't have to wait long for a new GN'R album, then Ron said in another interview that the band had yet to sit in a room together and any material that will be on any future album will probably heavily feature CD era songs.  Cheesy

I like DJ, and I appreciate his role in GN'R for the past few years. But I think it's obvious to everyone that Guns N' Roses as a band are not working on new material everyday. As Rons doing his own music and making appearences, much like Richard and Frank. However, it is possible DJ is working on some GN'R stuff here and there, but again in saying that DJ seems to be pretty busy lately too, with him attending awards shows, and also dealing with Sixx AM.  Undecided

I guess I don't want GN'R fans, to be on cloud 9 because they hear that Guns N' Roses are working on new material every day, because they most likely aren't. If you take into consideration the last few interviews and activities from GN'R members, like Ron, Richard, Frank and Tommy.  ok
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2011, 09:14:11 PM »

I really dont' want to rain on everyones parade but, I think DJ says alot of things loosely. He said a while ago that you won't have to wait long for a new GN'R album, then Ron said in another interview that the band had yet to sit in a room together and any material that will be on any future album will probably heavily feature CD era songs.  Cheesy

One doesn't contradict the other.

I like DJ, and I appreciate his role in GN'R for the past few years. But I think it's obvious to everyone that Guns N' Roses as a band are not working on new material everyday. As Rons doing his own music and making appearences, much like Richard and Frank. However, it is possible DJ is working on some GN'R stuff here and there, but again in saying that DJ seems to be pretty busy lately too, with him attending awards shows, and also dealing with Sixx AM.

Well, we don't know exactly what he's even talking about.

So for you to completely dismiss him is a bit drastic.

Unless you're far more informed about how GN'R works than Dj, then I suggest you be more careful...

I personally don't know what he's referring to, but I don't go and claim he's wrong. Because I honestly don't know!  Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2011, 09:35:28 PM »

I'm not totally dismissing what he is saying, he could well be working on GN'R material. But I think it's abit too loose to say everyday, just my personal opinion from my own assumptions on seeing almost every GN'R member busy with their own music/gigging.  Cheesy

I don't want media outlets reporting that "Guns N' Roses are working on material everyday", because that will make everyones hopes high in regards to a GN'R release being imminent (or closer than we think). And then I don't want them same media outlets to be negative towards GN'R when something doesn't come to fruition as soon as everyone expects.

It's easy for people to read an interview the wrong way, or percieve it in their own hopeful way. And most of us GN'R fans, have built up a coat of armor in regards to getting our hopes up, and having delays happen and so fourth.

I just don't want a casual observer, who reads the board as a guest. To suddenly think that GN'R are working on material everyday and then for them to be getting their hopes and expectations really high, only to be dashed when the album doesn't appear as soon as they thought based on their own hopeful interpretations of such an interview.  Undecided

(That's why I feel the more seasoned GN'R members like Ron wouldn't say such a thing. Because he knows from his own personal experiences, how much GN'R fans hang on to every word, and sometimes interpret it wrongly.)  Shocked
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:54:18 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2011, 09:45:34 PM »

We don't even know who the we he's referring to are.

I understand being cautious. But I'm sure he has a reason for saying that. I don't think he's talking out of his ass.

Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »

I'm just glad someone is working on new songs for Guns N' Roses every day. Smiley

I understand being cautious. But I'm sure he has a reason for saying that. I don't think he's talking out of his ass.

Oh sure, I have a hard enough time following along -- now I'm expected to read subliminal messages. hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »

I'm just glad someone is working on new songs for Guns N' Roses every day. Smiley

Oh sure, I have a hard enough time following along -- now I'm expected to read subliminal messages. hihi

I know, but I did actually like that one myself.  Wink
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 11:40:34 PM »

My guess is that he's doing what Ron did back in 2007, that is, adding solos and guitar work to already existing songs.  This is really the only context I can see his statement making sense.

Ron stated previously that he recorded on a "good handful" of tracks that did not appear on the first album, so his work for the next one might already be done.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 11:57:33 PM by sofine11 » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2011, 11:41:21 PM »

It was a little joke...  Embarrassed

Being optimistic about the future can't be a bad thing... That's the vibe I get from what Dj said. Optimism.

/jarmo

MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 01:57:42 AM »

ahah loved the subliminal message! ah!

Chinese Democracy!
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 04:54:10 AM »

ahah loved the subliminal message! ah!

I lol'ed.  hihi

Great to hear from DJ, this certainly is the best news since the RIR confirmation.  Smiley

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 04:56:06 AM »

Well i think they're definitely working on a new album... they can't be stopped... artists are always on the move and creating new things. Even if they're just working on instrumentals right now, this is great news!

Im very curious about the new album! There's definitely the same kind of buzz in my mind, that there was before CD came out. This next album is gonna rock and i can't wait to start listening the new songs!

I hope they include Oh My God, its one of the greatest songs they wrote ever! But im not expecting that to be included. I think its one of the songs that we'll never see on its finished form  Sad

Im sure there will be other great songs on the next album though. I hope this is a more agressive album than CD though, more rockers less calm songs. I bet thats where their mind is, a more agressive album!  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:09 AM »

Being optimistic about the future can't be a bad thing... That's the vibe I get from what Dj said. Optimism.

/jarmo

True...it's about time that optimism is an option with our fav band...
Let's enjoy the moment and hope there will be a new record being released sometime (soon)  Wink

In my optimism, I don't think it will take another 10 years... Tongue

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: