Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 22, 2024, 02:19:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228489 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Perla Hudson Talks Life On The Road With Slash
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Perla Hudson Talks Life On The Road With Slash  (Read 7024 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 23, 2011, 01:56:48 PM »

The 11 Interview - Perla Hudson

21 APRIL 2011

For all the girls out there who fantasized about falling in love with a rockstar, (and ending up a rock gods     wife) take note of Perla Hudson. After being married to Slash for almost 10 years, the beautiful Cuban mother of two will tell you herself, she's a groupies' dream come true. Perla took time to share with Life Above 11 what road life is like for the family, how she stays involved with the youth of America, and whether she fancies herself more Betty Crocker or Betty Paige.

LA11:Legend has it you were introduced to Slash backstage at a show. Can you give us the details?

Perla: Yes it is true. I was backstage at a GnR show, I was told it was January 25 1992 by a fan. Hopefully that dates right because I'm going on it now. Anyhow, a friend introduced us and that was it. Then we were all at the Mirage Hotel and I was invited up for a party in Slash's room. You could feel the energy between us then. We had chemistry that was electric back then and still today.

LA11: And now you have your ten year anniversary coming up in October, correct? Anything special planned?

Perla: With the tour, house, kids etcetera, there hasn't been time to plan! We have always said we would renew our vows on our 10 year anniversary. So, that's probably what we will do. Nothing elaborate, more small and intimate.

LA11: You were recently involved in an incident where an excited fan nearly knocked you down. Does this happen often?

Perla: Not at all! They're usually wanting to hug Slash and not me! I was quite flattered but I could have been hurt. The boys were definitely startled.

LA11: Do you play any instruments? Do your boys?

Perla: I don't unfortunately! But Cash plays a wee bit of violin and plays piano. Teddy Andreadis, (GNR, Slash's Blues Ball) is Cash's teacher and he adores Teddy! London started guitar this year but doesn't seem to have the desire to get good. I wont push him. I'll let it be natural. Cash on the other hand LOVES the piano. And lives to practice. But what he wants his way...

LA11: How are your boys at shows? Have they ever been "on tour" with Dad?

Perla: My boys are great at shows. It's what they know. They have done it since they were in diapers so they are well behaved. Generous to fans (London loves giving the audience guitar pics, as well as collecting everything they throw. Bras included!) They go on tour in the summers and when they have breaks from school. We do miss some school sometimes (We do long weekends in US while he tours here) But we do all their school work on the road. The school works with us.

LA11: You're very engaged with the youth of America, starting with your boys, and branching out into organizations like the LA Youth Network. Where does your devotion to children come from?

Perla: The world is going to shit as we speak and the only hope we have are our children. They will be our leaders, citizens, and people that can change our world for the better. If we don't teach them how to be kind to one another, have respect and compassion, and educate them, there's no hope for the future. They are all we have. Children are innocent victims of the most horrible crimes. We need to take care of them period.

LA11: How was the auction at Julien's last month? Where there any surprises?

It was amazing! Julien's was great to work with and we pretty much sold everything! I was in Costa Rica when the auction was happening so it was all a surprise to me when I was given the results hours later!

LA11: Do you know how the bidding went for Slash's 1966 Corvette?

Perla: I don't know, I wasn't there!

LA11: There's a certain level of mystique and glamour surrounding you. Do you consider yourself a celebrity?

Perla: No, my husband is the celebrity. I haven't done anything...yet! But that said, If I can inspire and help someone with my words or experiences, I am there! I have role models and people I look up to who aren't celebrities.

LA11: Can you share with us the most outrageous thing you've seen on tour with Slash?

Perla: As for places we have gone? Well we have had the family baptized in Argentina, and been to a brothel in Australia! I think we've done or seen it all full spectrum!

LA11: Do you consider yourself more Betty Crocker, or Betty Page?

Perla: That's easy....BOTH!

http://lifeabove11.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=246:the-11-interview-perla-hudson&catid=44:left-edge

Slash & Perla at Boa in West Hollywood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_q4Op7d4wA

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2011, 11:52:33 PM »

WTF a brothel in australia? Does perla have threesomes? Seems pointless renewing monogamous wedding vows
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

WTF a brothel in australia? Does perla have threesomes? Seems pointless renewing monogamous wedding vows

Several people were with Perla that night including Slash. They stopped in for drinks.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2011, 01:27:10 PM »

Several people were with Perla that night including Slash. They stopped in for drinks.

I thought Slash quit drinking.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 12:42:10 AM »

I thought Slash quit drinking.

I think he may have stopped drinking in mass amounts....because I know Perla has not stopped lol!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 04:06:20 AM »

Some people tend to take things too literally and too seriously.  Just sayin'. 
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 08:50:33 AM »

Some people tend to take things too literally and too seriously.  Just sayin'. 

Agreed ok

Slash has quit drinking but that does not mean everyone around him has.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 03:59:13 PM »

Exist Life Private In Family Hudson Huh

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: