Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2024, 06:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228492 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan 'Corey Taylor Is Not The Singer For Velvet Revolver'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan 'Corey Taylor Is Not The Singer For Velvet Revolver'  (Read 5642 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: April 21, 2011, 10:10:29 PM »

Duff says in this interview with Winnipeg's Power 97 that Corey is not the singer for Velvet Revolver -- here's roughly what he says.

Duff McKagan Says NO To Corey Taylor Joining Velvet Revolver

Duff McKagan: Corey is not the singer for Velvet Revolver.  Slash is out touring right now, and I'm about to go out on tour.  We've played with some guys, we played with Corey and it was awesome.  But, you know we're no way near, like even getting started back up again.  So to even announce a singer right now-- there's no rush to announce anything.  My opinion on Corey is...he's one of the best frontman out there, in a long time, certainly, and probably for a generation in which is whatever, seven years younger than me.  He's a top guy and he's a great guy.

Just this part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsrfTJ6vzio

Entire interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeHufAEllPY

« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:21:28 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 01:10:09 AM »

I think he was Duff's, and Matt's choice. Undecided

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 03:21:12 AM »

I also think that Myles was Slash and Matt's choice... (if it was ever possible).

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2011, 03:52:51 AM »

The guy from Hinder would be great!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2011, 10:55:11 AM »

The guy from Hinder would be great!

He does have a cool voice but I think he's too young to fit in with the band.

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2011, 03:01:55 PM »

I'd rather have the guy who wrote and sung Lips Of An Angel no where near Velvet Revolver  confused
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 07:08:29 PM »

At least they are openly saying it now, rather than weeks of saying "I can not deny or confirm that Corey is the new vocalist". And let's face it, the only reason why this is being said now, is because Slash has decided to extend the VR hatius from a few months to a few years.  Embarrassed

I think we all could have worked out what Duff said for ourselves, it's obvious that there were again conflicts inside VR regarding this issue.  Tongue

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2011, 11:17:05 PM »

If Josh Todd wasn't good enough for VR the dude from hinder sure as hell isn't.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2011, 08:33:37 AM »

At this point, I don't think anyone would be good enough, in regards to filling the VR singer slot.  Shocked

Anything that isn't Scott, you might as well change the band name and try to hit people with something else, rather than it being labeled VR without Scott. And VR were not big enough to begin with, to warrant worrying about replacing members, just start a fresh.

I might have had a different view if all of the VR members got on this issue straight away, and seemed to have some muse and enthusiasm in dealing with the situation. But it's been almost 3 years, since Scott departed VR, and it could be another 2 years before they start "auditioning" singers again.  hihi

This band is over...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 09:43:50 AM »

Yeah, I kind of agree, especially since they keep saying the sound and style that they with when they had Scott, wasn't really the direction that they wanted to go into.

If they get someone new, and go in a heavier direction, just start it as a new band.
Then there will be no baggage to anything they've done previously, and that would also free them up if they chose to play any of the old VR tracks live, no different to them playing old GN'R tracks.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2011, 04:09:34 PM »

Do you think there will ever come a time when they just say "VR is done" or will they just keep it out there, just in case?
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2011, 10:02:10 PM »

Do you think there will ever come a time when they just say "VR is done" or will they just keep it out there, just in case?

I think they will keep it out there as long as they can, as in their mind the mystery element could help them further down the road. But I don't think it will, as most people I feel will of forgot about VR completely, if they are still inactive in 2 years time.  Undecided

I think the only saving grace for VR would be if Scott returned, that would maybe excite the general music fan, seeing as everyone thought he was gone. But even that's pushing it, but if VR try to come back in a few years time with a new singer, I don't think the excitment would be there, as appose to if Scott returned.  Cheesy
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2011, 11:26:38 AM »

What band ever officially says they are done? What is the point? Guns were basically inactive in the mid to late 90's, and for periods after that, but Axl never said they were done-Van Halen has not released a studio album since 1998 and never put out a release saying the band is done-why would you?

libertad
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 11:28:37 AM »

Yeah I think they've put it as bluntly as possible. If it's meant to happen it will.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 02:43:29 AM »

COREY TAYLOR Says Landing VELVET REVOLVER Singer Gig 'Wasn't In The Cards' - Apr. 30, 2011

David "Gus" Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com conducted an interview with SLIPKNOT members Corey Taylor (also of STONE SOUR) and Shawn "Clown "Crahan on the "black carpet" of the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held on April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked if there is still a chance that he will become the new lead singer of VELVET REVOLVER, Taylor replied, "It wasn't in the cards, and that's cool. I made some great friends; obviously, I'm jamming with [VELVET REVOLVER bassist] Duff [McKagan's DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED] tonight. It was just cool to kind of get together with them and jam, man. But it's all good.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157520

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 04:12:09 AM »

Yeah, it's all good.  My ass. 
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 09:20:50 AM »

Yeah, it's all good.  My ass. 

Lol my feelings exactly! Smiley
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 10:06:43 PM »

COREY TAYLOR Says Landing VELVET REVOLVER Singer Gig 'Wasn't In The Cards' - Apr. 30, 2011

David "Gus" Griesinger of BackstageAxxess.com conducted an interview with SLIPKNOT members Corey Taylor (also of STONE SOUR) and Shawn "Clown "Crahan on the "black carpet" of the third annual Revolver Golden Gods Awards, which was held on April 20 at Club Nokia in Los Angeles, California. You can now watch the chat below.

When asked if there is still a chance that he will become the new lead singer of VELVET REVOLVER, Taylor replied, "It wasn't in the cards, and that's cool. I made some great friends; obviously, I'm jamming with [VELVET REVOLVER bassist] Duff [McKagan's DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED] tonight. It was just cool to kind of get together with them and jam, man. But it's all good.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157520

Well obviously it was on the cards, because he was one of the guys being considered. Just so happened that not everyone within VR agreed with the decision to make him vocalist.

I hate when someone is secretive about trying out for a band (which Corey last few interviews have been regarding VR), because they might have a chance. And then when they are not the choice, they backtrack and try to save face by saying that they wasn't even on the cards.  rant

Corey Taylor got turned down, not because of his talent. But because VR yet again, couldn't agree on a suitable replacement for Scott.  Tongue
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 10:08:20 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2011, 04:42:48 PM »

Corey Taylor 'Some Guys Were Feeling It, Some Weren't'

SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor was interviewed on the WGRD radio station when STONE SOUR performed at The Deltaplex in Grand Rapids, Michigan on April 27, 2011 during the Avalanche Tour. You can now watch the chat below. A couple of excerpts follow.

On whether he is still in the running to be VELVET REVOLVER's new lead singer:

Corey Taylor: "No, I'm not VELVET REVOLVER's new lead singer. There's been so much speculation that I think that was one of the reasons that it kind of went away. At the end of the day, we got together, we jammed, some guys were feeling it, some weren't. It is what it is. And the last thing I need is a 12th band. Between writing and recording and writing with other people and writing books and whatnot, I'm set, I'm fine. I'm not losing any sleep about it. Plus I made some great friends."

Video: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157591

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »

COREY TAYLOR On Failed VELVET REVOLVER Singer Bid: 'I Guess It Just Wasn't Working For SLASH' - May 5, 2011

After months of speculation that STONE SOUR/SLIPKNOT frontman Corey Taylor was going to become the new VELVET REVOLVER singer, followed by theories about why the band never eventually pulled the trigger, VELVET guitarist Slash admitted in a recent interview that he was the main holdout against Taylor getting the gig.

Slash confirmed to Vorterix.com that Taylor did work with the group, explaining, "All we were doing was just rehearsing with him and trying him out ? auditioning him . . . he did come in and do all that. It just didn't seem to fit right to me. And he's great, and I love Corey, but it didn't seem like the answer to the VELVET REVOLVER problem."

Slash blamed social networks for spreading the rumor that Taylor was joining the group, saying, "As soon as that rumor (got around), next thing you know, everybody is saying Corey's the new singer. It's just an audition process; it's the way that we do it."

During a co-hosting gig on last night's (Wednesday, May 4) edition of the "Louder" radio show, which airs on the Live 105 station in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, Taylor was asked to respond to Slash's comments. "We got together and we jammed some stuff and I guess it just wasn't working for him, which? He's Slash and he's entitled to have that, and I'm not gonna argue with him," Corey said. "But it was cool to just be able to get together and jam with those guys and I made some really cool friends. Me and Duff [McKagan, VELVET bassist] are really close. It's one more thing I can say I did."

Sadly for VELVET REVOLVER fans, Slash admitted that it doesn't look like a solution to the "problem" is happening any time soon. He said, "Next year I definitely will make another Slash record with Myles Kennedy and go on tour. So at least for the next couple of years, nothing is going to be happening with VELVET REVOLVER that I can see 'cause I'll be focused on this . . . I'm just not really concerning myself with it right now. We had all these different guys try out, all really good singers, but nobody has fit the thing, so, you know, I have to move on."

Duff McKagan recently revealed that recordings exist of Taylor singing with the band. McKagan seemed a little more positive about Taylor than Slash, telling Music Radar, "Whether he's in VELVET REVOLVER or not . . . I think he's the best voice of a new generation. The best rock 'n' voice out there. He's got a lot of positive energy. I'd be proud to do anything with him."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157718

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: