Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 01:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  McKagen turns 'road gay' on tour
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: McKagen turns 'road gay' on tour  (Read 2495 times)
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: March 29, 2011, 08:32:06 AM »

Ok....Huh

Legendary bassist Duff McKagen's sexuality takes a blow when he's away from his wife on tour - because he starts to mistake the more feminine members of his entourage for "hot chicks".

The rocker toured the world with 80s icons Guns N' Roses before teaming up for global treks with bandmates Slash and Matt Sorum in Velvet Revolver.

McKagan insists no women are allowed on his tour bus when he's away from his model wife Susan Holmes - but that doesn't stop his eye from sometimes wondering to men.

He admits to NME magazine, "You're away from your wife and whatever, and I don't f*** around - but there are no women on the bus. All of a sudden, well, your bass player's got long black hair, he's wearing his little sister's pants, and out of the corner of your eye he looks like a hot chick. We call it 'road gay'. We don't actually act on it."

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2011/03/28/17783006-wenn-story.html
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 09:08:45 AM »

Phew, that's okay. I read the first line as: "Legendary bassist Duff McKagen sexually takes a blow when he's away from his wife on tour - because he starts to mistake the more feminine members of his entourage for "hot chicks"."
For a second I thought he was getting blow jobs from his bassist.

Fuck 'Em All.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 09:47:14 AM »

Ok....Huh

Legendary bassist Duff McKagen's sexuality takes a blow when he's away from his wife on tour - because he starts to mistake the more feminine members of his entourage for "hot chicks".

The rocker toured the world with 80s icons Guns N' Roses before teaming up for global treks with bandmates Slash and Matt Sorum in Velvet Revolver.

McKagan insists no women are allowed on his tour bus when he's away from his model wife Susan Holmes - but that doesn't stop his eye from sometimes wondering to men.

He admits to NME magazine, "You're away from your wife and whatever, and I don't f*** around - but there are no women on the bus. All of a sudden, well, your bass player's got long black hair, he's wearing his little sister's pants, and out of the corner of your eye he looks like a hot chick. We call it 'road gay'. We don't actually act on it."

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/music/2011/03/28/17783006-wenn-story.html

It's an in-joke that Loaded (and now their fans) have... it's not supposed to be taken as seriously as whoever wrote this article obviously does.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 09:57:23 AM »

I know it as a joke that started a couple of years ago and I'm not a Loaded fan. People on some forums are taking it seriously though.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 01:09:12 PM »

I think it's just a joke to be honest, even in the way in which it is written seems a little comedic to me.  Tongue
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2011, 09:05:07 PM »

This is very 'Brokeback Mountain'   rofl
overmatik
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 10:26:47 AM »

He was talking to NME, so is probably a joke intended for their audience... rofl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:12:22 AM »

Yeah, he was just kidding.  Original article from NME:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/55676

From Duff:

@NMEmagazine Either you get my humor-or you don't? Sensationalism....gotta love it.

11:53 AM Mar 26th via web in reply to NMEmagazine

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: