Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:16:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 82611 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #260 on: August 22, 2011, 08:57:50 PM »

Rumors are starting to heat up about some East Coast shows in November now, namely Connecticut & Mas.  Hopefully we'll hear something official soon!  ok

Not to be a dick, but is there some reason why sources are never attached to these type of posts?

Not saying it's untrue, just saying I'd love for a source to be attached.

Sorry 'bout that. Rock stations in Boston are talking about GNR planning a show in Mas.  As was mentioned in the above post, the Connecticut rumor is from Jim Koplik.  Eddie Trunk has also been quoted talking about some midwest dates during the same time.

You'd think they'd want to start a US tour off right, starting with promotion.

There's no reason to keep fans speculating to the last second on whether or not it will happen.

Why are you assuming they are "keeping fans speculating" deliberately?  It could be that not all the dates have been finalized and they are waiting to have all the dates/venues finalized before making a full press release.  When they announced the 2006 US tour, they released a full itinerary.

Ali
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #261 on: August 22, 2011, 09:22:09 PM »

Rumors are starting to heat up about some East Coast shows in November now, namely Connecticut & Mas.  Hopefully we'll hear something official soon!  ok

Not to be a dick, but is there some reason why sources are never attached to these type of posts?

Sorry 'bout that. Rock stations in Boston are talking about GNR planning a show in Mas.  As was mentioned in the above post, the Connecticut rumor is from Jim Koplik.  Eddie Trunk has also been quoted talking about some midwest dates during the same time.

There's no reason to keep fans speculating to the last second on whether or not it will happen.

Why are you assuming they are "keeping fans speculating" deliberately?  It could be that not all the dates have been finalized and they are waiting to have all the dates/venues finalized before making a full press release.  When they announced the 2006 US tour, they released a full itinerary.

Ali

DUDE. You need to knock that shit off! Isn't it MUCH easier just to complain and/or find things to complain about?  hihi

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #262 on: August 22, 2011, 10:47:26 PM »

Why are you assuming they are "keeping fans speculating" deliberately?  It could be that not all the dates have been finalized and they are waiting to have all the dates/venues finalized before making a full press release.  When they announced the 2006 US tour, they released a full itinerary.

Ali

DUDE. You need to knock that shit off! Isn't it MUCH easier just to complain and/or find things to complain about?  hihi

Several times during this thread I asked if there is a legitimate source suggesting that a tour is being planned.

I never received a response other than "just rumors".

When I said "leaving the fans speculating", I was referring more to Axl and the band's silence on the matter.

I'm just saying. It would be nice to hear if there was in fact a possibility from an actual band source.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 10:50:43 PM by Stoned_In_L.A. » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #263 on: August 22, 2011, 11:01:49 PM »

Give it a bit more time is what I think well hear one way or another soon

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #264 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »

I'm just saying. It would be nice to hear if there was in fact a possibility from an actual band source.

Here you go.

Anything else that doesn't please you?

You mentioned a Guns N? Roses tour. Would that include North America?

Dj: Well, I mean, I don?t want to put anything out there yet, the only thing that?s in stone right now is Rock in Rio, on Oct. 2, but I know that we?re all itching to get out there, and one of our main big goals is to tour the States. When everything goes through, obviously, everyone will know about it. I?m hoping it happens; it?ll be a lot of fun.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/guns-n-roses-dj-ashba-interview/

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #265 on: August 23, 2011, 07:40:16 AM »

Why are you assuming they are "keeping fans speculating" deliberately?  It could be that not all the dates have been finalized and they are waiting to have all the dates/venues finalized before making a full press release.  When they announced the 2006 US tour, they released a full itinerary.

Ali

Several times during this thread I asked if there is a legitimate source suggesting that a tour is being planned.

I never received a response other than "just rumors".

When I said "leaving the fans speculating", I was referring more to Axl and the band's silence on the matter.

Once again, the last US Tour was announced only a few weeks before it started. If we get to the end of September and nothing's been announced, that's when I'll start to doubt there's going to be any shows in the US this year.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #266 on: August 23, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »

Here you go.

Dj: Well, I mean, I don?t want to put anything out there yet, the only thing that?s in stone right now is Rock in Rio, on Oct. 2, but I know that we?re all itching to get out there, and one of our main big goals is to tour the States. When everything goes through, obviously, everyone will know about it. I?m hoping it happens; it?ll be a lot of fun.

/jarmo

That print interview does little to make me optimistic.

He says that they are "itching" to tour the states, not that there are plans in motion.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #267 on: August 23, 2011, 08:05:53 PM »

Fine.

Move along then until you have something to be happy about.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #268 on: August 23, 2011, 08:07:08 PM »

Here you go.

/jarmo

That print interview does little to make me optimistic.

He says that they are "itching" to tour the states, not that there are plans in motion.

Dj says: "when everything goes through"

He's implying they're working on it - plans in motion.

I have my doubts that you could ever be "optimistic" going by the way you've expressed yourself in here.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #269 on: August 23, 2011, 08:31:07 PM »

Fine.

Move along then until you have something to be happy about.

ok

/jarmo

Not being optimistic and not being happy aren't necessarily one in the same.

In general, I'm happy. However, I'm not optimistic that there will be a US tour based on the little supporting evidence, if any, that has been provided.

I don't think that's unreasonable.

When I first started reading this thread, some of the comments gave me the illusion that a US tour was in the works.

After asking for supporting documentation multiple times, all I've received is fan speculation and an interview where the guitarist says that they're "itching" to play the states.

I'll be optimistic when someone in the know says that plans are in motion.

Until then, it's nothing more than wishful thinking.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 08:32:41 PM by Stoned_In_L.A. » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #270 on: August 23, 2011, 08:36:36 PM »

It's all about how you see the world.

I saw within less than ten of your posts how you see the GN'R world.

The way you conduct yourself here is so predictble.

Every post is more of the same. Looking for some tiny way of putting things down and complaining.

Everything is wrong, is not only an album by Moby, but it also seems to be your motto.

I hope that pretty soon you'll be posting to yourself and nobody bothers to even respond to your posts. It's that boring.

/jarmo

Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #271 on: August 23, 2011, 08:51:55 PM »

It's all about how you see the world.

I saw within less than ten of your posts how you see the GN'R world.

Every post is more of the same. Looking for some tiny way of putting things down and complaining.

Everything is wrong, is not only an album by Moby, but it also seems to be your motto.

I hope that pretty soon you'll be posting to yourself and nobody bothers to even respond to your posts. It's that boring.

/jarmo

I liked your Moby remark, but I disagree with your logic.

There is no concrete proof to indicate a US tour is being planned. Period.

It doesn't mean that I see everything as being wrong. It just means that I see things as they are rather than how I wish that they'd be.

There's nothing "boring" about that.

Should I go out and buy a yacht based on the fact that I'd like to win a million dollars? If not, does that make be boring or realistic?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #272 on: August 23, 2011, 09:36:34 PM »

If you keep repeating how you're not gonna win every other day, it makes you boring. Simple as that.

Try complaining to your friends every day about how you'll never win the lottery and see how long before somebody tells you to find something else to talk about...

I'm not the only one who has noticed your "act".

Sorry to say, but it wasn't "fun" for even five minutes.

Better luck next time. ok

To be clear: We get it, you don't think there's an US tour planned. We get it. Come back when your opinion changes. How many times do you need to repeat yourself? If everybody else thinks there is an US tour being planned and think you are wrong, let them.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 09:46:21 PM by jarmo » Logged

Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #273 on: August 23, 2011, 11:36:55 PM »

To be clear: We get it, you don't think there's an US tour planned. We get it. Come back when your opinion changes. How many times do you need to repeat yourself? If everybody else thinks there is an US tour being planned and think you are wrong, let them.

/jarmo

Act?

I made a statement based on the facts that are before me. Nothing more.

There are 4 months remaining in this calendar year. They are booking tour dates for October and November in South America.

Since there are no scheduled US dates for September, that leaves December.

Could they book US shows for December? It's possible, but there is no evidence at present time to suggest this.

At best, it looks like 2012, if anything.

Like you said, if people want to believe that a US tour is in the works because that's what they want to believe, that's ok by me.

If my reasoning constitutes an "act" on your part, I'm sorry.

In the meantime, I'll sit back quietly while I wait for the announcement.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #274 on: August 23, 2011, 11:45:09 PM »

/jarmo

Act?

I made a statement based on the facts that are before me. Nothing more.

There are 4 months remaining in this calendar year. They are booking tour dates for October and November in South America.

Since there are no scheduled US dates for September, that leaves December.

Could they book US shows for December? It's possible, but there is no evidence at present time to suggest this.

At best, it looks like 2012, if anything.

Like you said, if people want to believe that a US tour is in the works because that's what they want to believe, that's ok by me.

If my reasoning constitutes an "act" on your part, I'm sorry.

In the meantime, I'll sit back quietly while I wait for the announcement.
No South American dates for November have been announced, or even rumored to my knowledge.  In fact, they're scheduled to play 4 shows in Mexico towards the end of October, getting closer and closer to the US.

You've asked the same question about 30 times in this thread.  NO, there are no official announced US dates as of yet.  Nobody with the band or associated with the band has said whether they will indeed play any shows in the US this year or not.  I think that answers your question, I'm not sure why you're not satisfied.

The last 2 tours in the US were both announced in September, and they toured by years end.  So while you may find it nearly impossible that a US tour could happen this year, history would say otherwise.

People are speculating that a US tour could very well be in the works based on rumors, statements, and wishful thoughts.  If you choose not to view things quite as optimistically, that's totally up to you.  But let us dreamers dream in peace if you will.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 11:47:56 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #275 on: August 24, 2011, 07:15:34 AM »

It's that boring.
/jarmo

until a band officially announces dates, what type of "concrete proof" is there that they are planning a tour? i'm just curious what it is you are looking for. cause it seems like you are just stating the obvious. over and over.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #276 on: August 24, 2011, 08:15:50 AM »

In my opinion i would  be suprised if there wasn`t anymore dates added just by the fact of getting the road crew and all the stage and everything together i think you`d want to do more than 10 shows to make it worth your while, lets remember "all good things come to those who wait" ok
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #277 on: August 24, 2011, 10:58:22 AM »

In my opinion i would  be suprised if there wasn`t anymore dates added just by the fact of getting the road crew and all the stage and everything together i think you`d want to do more than 10 shows to make it worth your while, lets remember "all good things come to those who wait" ok

yeah it would be one thing if we were speculating about them touring the U.S when the band wasn't touring at all.  The band is already going to be on the road, the members have  talked about their desire to tour the states, the Azoff thing got settled, I think we all have a very good reason to be optimistic.  We have gotten excited before with far less to go on than this.. I feel good about it, we shall see.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #278 on: August 24, 2011, 12:31:21 PM »

It's that boring.
/jarmo

until a band officially announces dates, what type of "concrete proof" is there that they are planning a tour? i'm just curious what it is you are looking for. cause it seems like you are just stating the obvious. over and over.   

Yeah, no shit.  What concrete proof is there that dates are being planned or discussed?  Would you like to see e-mails or phone transcripts of discussions between promoters and management?   Roll Eyes  When have you ever seen that?

I can't recall many, if any at all, instances with any band where they come out and say, "yeah, we are officially in talks to do a US tour."  What would be the point in that?  If things fall through for some reason, the band will just get criticized for "getting the fans' hopes up".

Ali
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #279 on: September 06, 2011, 08:02:28 PM »

Another US date for Guns N' Roses has been announced with rumblings that more U.S. shows will be announced soon (but as yet unconfirmed).

Following recent news that the band is set to play Miami on October 29, The Orlando Sentinel reports GNR will perform at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida on October 28.

GNR's last US concert appearance was when the band headlined the closing night of the Rock 'N Rev Festival at the 70th annual Sturgis Bike Rally in Sturgis, South Dakota on August 13, 2010. more on this story

http://www.antimusic.com/news/11/sep/06Guns_N_Roses_US_Tour_Plans_Taking_Shape.shtml

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: