Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:34:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 82656 times)
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #240 on: August 15, 2011, 02:00:02 PM »

I don't know what to say other than I'm glad that you were able to find humor in my picking up another copy of AFD.

I never really thought about that being funny or negative. It was the only copy on the shelf and I thought that it would be nice to hear it on vinyl.

It is funny.

You go on about how you need to get a copy of CD, but when you're at Best Buy, you make a point of pointing out to us how there were copies on the shelf and telling us how you got a new copy of AFD.

I see the humor in that. I can't take it seriously.

Why didn't you buy that new copy of CD that you long for?

There's going to be a "huge" announcement about an act being added to the iheartradio festival in Vegas. They keep tweeting and posting on fb asking fans who they'd like to see and I keep replying with Guns N' Roses each time.

September 23-24.

Seems a bit pop oriented...

Anyway, might be tough considering the first show in South America is like a week after that.

/jarmo

Yeah I wasn't figuring it was very plausible, just more hoping than anything.

The Important This Moment By GN'R Is LATINOAMERICAN TOUR & Not USA

Grin

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #241 on: August 15, 2011, 02:28:35 PM »

Quote from: russtcb on Today at 08:58:21 AM
There's going to be a "huge" announcement about an act being added to the iheartradio festival in Vegas. They keep tweeting and posting on fb asking fans who they'd like to see and I keep replying with Guns N' Roses each time.

Sorry Russtcb it is not!!  I believe I heard this morning that it is Jay Z, at least I think that is who they said lol...  It was early!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #242 on: August 15, 2011, 04:21:16 PM »

I don't know what to say other than I'm glad that you were able to find humor in my picking up another copy of AFD.

I never really thought about that being funny or negative. It was the only copy on the shelf and I thought that it would be nice to hear it on vinyl.

It is funny.

You go on about how you need to get a copy of CD, but when you're at Best Buy, you make a point of pointing out to us how there were copies on the shelf and telling us how you got a new copy of AFD.

I see the humor in that. I can't take it seriously.

Why didn't you buy that new copy of CD that you long for?

September 23-24.

Seems a bit pop oriented...

Anyway, might be tough considering the first show in South America is like a week after that.

/jarmo

Yeah I wasn't figuring it was very plausible, just more hoping than anything.

The Important This Moment By GN'R Is LATINOAMERICAN TOUR & Not USA

Grin

Right. And since that's A) Already happening and B) not the subject of this thread, it has nothing to do with this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #243 on: August 15, 2011, 05:01:50 PM »

HBK, as if anyone couldn't tell you're not from the USA and don't consider GNR's popularity here important. We get it  ok

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #244 on: August 15, 2011, 05:42:59 PM »

I can't see Van Halen and GNR touring together in arenas, that would take stadiums. 

This really isn't specific to GN'R and/or VH.

But isn't it true that sometimes bands choose to play smaller places and add multiple nights instead of playing a bigger venue?

Sometimes they just prefer the smaller place, sometimes the big one isn't available etc.

/jarmo

ahh good point, I didn't even think of  two big bands doing multiple dates in the same venue.  That would create a lot of buzz because it would make it a really hot ticket. I remember the 2 Hammerstein shows I went to had more buzz than any show I have ever seen.  That could be very interesting.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #245 on: August 15, 2011, 06:35:47 PM »

HBK, as if anyone couldn't tell you're not from the USA and don't consider GNR's popularity here important. We get it  ok

Yes Friend, but in latinoamerica more, I Like ALL Material Fans Of USA, MP3/FLAC/DVD...

ok

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #246 on: August 15, 2011, 06:51:12 PM »

Ok... I don't know what file formats have to do with anything.

But enough of that.

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #247 on: August 15, 2011, 09:02:11 PM »

The more I think about even a prospect of any sort of GNR US Theater Tour, the more excited I get. That would be the most amazing show I could think of. I was at the first Hammerstein show and it was just plain electric. I couldn't even imagine how awesome it would be to see the same thing near my own home in Detroit.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »

The more I think about even a prospect of any sort of GNR US Theater Tour, the more excited I get. That would be the most amazing show I could think of. I was at the first Hammerstein show and it was just plain electric. I couldn't even imagine how awesome it would be to see the same thing near my own home in Detroit.

Let's say there's a new album on the horizon..

A cool thing to do would be doing a mini theater tour in the US, 2-3 concerts each in 5-8 major cities.

Album release.

Full blown US arena tour.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #249 on: August 16, 2011, 07:59:41 AM »

A cool thing to do would be doing a mini theater tour in the US, 2-3 concerts each in 5-8 major cities.

Album release.

Please do not take this the wrong way as it's not hostile at all, but I gotta ask; do you have anything based in fact to be putting out the "new album" rumor? Like I said, I don't want that question to come off rude but I'm just wondering if that's your guess or you're going on something you heard.

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #250 on: August 16, 2011, 08:40:54 AM »

Album release.

Please do not take this the wrong way as it's not hostile at all, but I gotta ask; do you have anything based in fact to be putting out the "new album" rumor? Like I said, I don't want that question to come off rude but I'm just wondering if that's your guess or you're going on something you heard.

I think he's being hypothetical... Based on nothing other than best case scenario
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51:54 AM »

Album release.

I think he's being hypothetical... Based on nothing other than best case scenario

Gotcha. I was thinking that was the case but I was hoping it was based in fact or a solid rumor.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2011, 08:59:57 AM »

Album release.

I haven't heard anything recently. This whole scenario would be hypothetical, as said above me.

The only thing I've heard (I assume you as well) would be Dj saying they're working on songs.

Sweetness is a virtue
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #253 on: August 22, 2011, 05:04:44 PM »

Rumors are starting to heat up about some East Coast shows in November now, namely Connecticut & Mas.  Hopefully we'll hear something official soon!  ok
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #254 on: August 22, 2011, 05:29:58 PM »

Rumors are starting to heat up about some East Coast shows in November now, namely Connecticut & Mas.  Hopefully we'll hear something official soon!  ok

Not to be a dick, but is there some reason why sources are never attached to these type of posts?

Not saying it's untrue, just saying I'd love for a source to be attached.

Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #255 on: August 22, 2011, 06:08:57 PM »

Jim Koplik of Live Nation is the source of the supposed Connecticut appearance. ok

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #256 on: August 22, 2011, 07:57:35 PM »

Not to be a dick, but is there some reason why sources are never attached to these type of posts?

Sorry 'bout that. Rock stations in Boston are talking about GNR planning a show in Mas.  As was mentioned in the above post, the Connecticut rumor is from Jim Koplik.  Eddie Trunk has also been quoted talking about some midwest dates during the same time.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #257 on: August 22, 2011, 08:22:54 PM »

Sorry 'bout that. Rock stations in Boston are talking about GNR planning a show in Mas.  As was mentioned in the above post, the Connecticut rumor is from Jim Koplik.  Eddie Trunk has also been quoted talking about some midwest dates during the same time.

Sweet. And again, I wasn't trying to be a dick, I'm just really hoping something comes of these rumors sooner than later and reliable sources help me in my quest to believe.  hihi

Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #258 on: August 22, 2011, 08:52:35 PM »

You'd think they'd want to start a US tour off right, starting with promotion.

There's no reason to keep fans speculating to the last second on whether or not it will happen.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #259 on: August 22, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

There's no reason to keep fans speculating to the last second on whether or not it will happen.

What about planning and getting confirmation from all venues as a reason to await starting promotion.

If the tour starts in November, and the press release comes out in September, that's hardly "last second".  Roll Eyes

Sweetness is a virtue
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: