Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:26:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 82635 times)
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2011, 09:01:39 PM »

There's a rumour that GNR will tour with Van Halen for a couple of dates. I find this very unlikely, who would headline?!

David Lee doesn't take a backseat from no one  Grin neither Axl does hihi

I'm not a VH fan by any means, but they're definitely the bigger of the two US bands given the current scenario.

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2011, 09:12:02 PM »

There's a rumour that GNR will tour with Van Halen for a couple of dates. I find this very unlikely, who would headline?!

I'm not a VH fan by any means, but they're definitely the bigger of the two US bands given the current scenario.

How do you figure?

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #202 on: August 13, 2011, 01:27:43 AM »

Guns are planning a US tour. This thread would not be here otherwise.

Just be patient.

Great news, thanks.  Bring it on. yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #203 on: August 13, 2011, 09:05:31 AM »

i will be very disappointed if there is no US tour.  I understand that the economy isn't great here, right now, but then team up with a kick ass opening band.  I hope the US will be a major focus for them and we hear something soon.

Just be patient.

god I hope that's based on something you know
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #204 on: August 13, 2011, 09:12:36 AM »

I agree! Even if it was the old GNR band, to me they would still be bigger. (Even though GNR is my favorite band)

Oh My God i cant deny this...
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #205 on: August 13, 2011, 09:18:36 AM »

Tour 2002
Tour 2006

4 Years Of Diference...

Now... 6 Years Aprox, No Tour USA...

no

The difference now is they have been an active band and released CD. There was no activity between 02 to 06. Hopefully we hear something, definitely excited to see Guns N' Roses !!!!!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #206 on: August 13, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »

I think that when various band members say they think there's gonna be a tour, they don't just say that for no reason.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #207 on: August 13, 2011, 11:24:18 AM »

I think that when various band members say they think there's gonna be a tour, they don't just say that for no reason.

/jarmo

Hoping that this goes from the 'planning' stage to the 'implementation/booking' stage soon!

ok
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #208 on: August 13, 2011, 11:54:59 AM »

Wait, where did these Van Halen rumors come from?  Perhaps a condition of the Azoff settlement?

Now that would be very unexpected & fun...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2011, 12:20:09 PM »

Wait, where did these Van Halen rumors come from?  Perhaps a condition of the Azoff settlement?

I think it's not a rumor, more the usual wild guess.

Van Halen are recording an album/touring + GN'R rumored to tour...

There you go.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put that "rumor" together.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #210 on: August 13, 2011, 12:26:36 PM »

I think it's not a rumor, more the usual wild guess.

Van Halen are recording an album/touring + GN'R rumored to tour...

There you go.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to put that "rumor" together.

/jarmo

Yeah, they're both rumored to tour the states late in the year so I could see how that talk would start.  Not to mention the vague conditions of the "Dates at various....venues"  comment from the attorneys.  Though I know that could mean literally anything. 

Either way, good news that a US tour is indeed being planned, with or without VH.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #211 on: August 13, 2011, 02:04:36 PM »

i will be very disappointed if there is no US tour.  I understand that the economy isn't great here, right now, but then team up with a kick ass opening band.  I hope the US will be a major focus for them and we hear something soon.

Just be patient.

I'm so hoping for the elusive Detroit date!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #212 on: August 13, 2011, 02:15:44 PM »

I can't see Van Halen and GNR touring together in arenas, that would take stadiums.  Van Halen's tour in 2007 was near impossible to get into tickets sold so fast.  I don't see the financial benefits of having TWO bands that are more than capable of filling an arena on their own sharing a bill.  It seems some of you are short changing how huge Van Halen still is in the states.  When David Lee Roth fronts the band, they are a massive draw.  Van Halen has the classic rock crowd on lockdown, like Ac/Dc.   I just think both bands are too big to do an arena tour together.  If it were stadiums that would make more sense.  Just my 2 cents.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #213 on: August 13, 2011, 02:23:20 PM »

No disrespect to VH or any of there fans but i just don`t see it, maybe if they were outdoor venues with a festival atmosphere then yeah but indoors during winter i`d be amazed  peace
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #214 on: August 13, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »

I can't see Van Halen and GNR touring together in arenas, that would take stadiums. 

This really isn't specific to GN'R and/or VH.

But isn't it true that sometimes bands choose to play smaller places and add multiple nights instead of playing a bigger venue?

Sometimes they just prefer the smaller place, sometimes the big one isn't available etc.

Also, when there's a bigger demand for tickets (for a smaller capacity venue), it creates buzz.

Imagine when an arena show comes to town but they play a theater. With maybe 5000 seats instead of 20000.

When GN'R played those warm up shows in 2006 in NYC, there was buzz about the shows. They could've just played at the Garden...

Same thing in London with the Hammersmith Apollo. And also all the acoustic gigs they've done even though those were never on sale for the general public.

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #215 on: August 13, 2011, 02:50:38 PM »

I can't see Van Halen and GNR touring together in arenas, that would take stadiums. 

This really isn't specific to GN'R and/or VH.

But isn't it true that sometimes bands choose to play smaller places and add multiple nights instead of playing a bigger venue?

Sometimes they just prefer the smaller place, sometimes the big one isn't available etc.

Also, when there's a bigger demand for tickets (for a smaller capacity venue), it creates buzz.

Imagine when an arena show comes to town but they play a theater. With maybe 5000 seats instead of 20000.

When GN'R played those warm up shows in 2006 in NYC, there was buzz about the shows. They could've just played at the Garden...

Same thing in London with the Hammersmith Apollo. And also all the acoustic gigs they've done even though those were never on sale for the general public.

/jarmo

I get that you're not saying this is the case with the (rumored) upcoming US Tour, but MAN OH MAN would I love for GNR to do theaters and what not for the tour!!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #216 on: August 13, 2011, 02:59:27 PM »

I just think both bands are too big to do an arena tour together.  If it were stadiums that would make more sense.  Just my 2 cents.

I agree that VH are a big US band, but I think an arena would work in the majority of US cities.

Guns aren't nearly as popular in the US as they were in the 80s/90s, and considering the state of the economy, I think the arenas would accomodate the crowds that such a tour would draw.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #217 on: August 13, 2011, 03:08:05 PM »

The U.S. has been starved for a huge rock event for some time now. (Motley Crue & Poison just doesn't cut it  hihi)

If there's any truth to these rumblings, I could see a Van Halen/Guns N' Roses co-headlining tour getting just huge amounts of attention and press.  If both those bands put albums out, the skies are literally the limit for the attention it would garner.

I would see no problem paying a hefty sum for great seats to that show.  And yes, they can always do more than 1 show in the bigger markets.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #218 on: August 13, 2011, 03:19:04 PM »

It amuses me when I read people say things like "there's no true rock bands out there".

Then when a real one goes on tour, these same people are whining about start times....

Make up your fucking mind!  hihi

GN'R gets an amazingly unfair treatment from certain people. How many go see the Rolling Stones when they tour with the attitude "it's gonna suck because it's not the Sticky Fingers era Stones!"? Or how many go see Bruce Springsteen and think "oh, it's not the same because it's not the 1975 Springsteen!".

Seems like there's a group of fans who like to focus on what it's not instead of what it is. And then they claim to be objective.

/jarmo

sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #219 on: August 13, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »

GN'R gets an amazingly unfair treatment from certain people. How many go see the Rolling Stones when they tour with the attitude "it's gonna suck because it's not the Sticky Fingers era Stones!"? Or how many go see Bruce Springsteen and think "oh, it's not the same because it's not the 1975 Springsteen!".

/jarmo

It's interesting that bands like Thin Lizzy, Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Doors, etc. who tour with 1 or 2 original members under those banners don't get nearly the same flack that Axl gets, probably since those members are dead.  Since the original lineup is alive, you're always gonna have some fans who hold onto the past and reject the present, no matter how awful said members get along.  Since Axl owns the name, it's as if he holds the key to their happiness, which in their minds is the original lineup(s).  So like Axl said, he becomes the bad guy pretty fast.

It's amusing.  Even though I'd buy tickets to a reunion show, I would definitely not go into it with the expectation of seeing the 85-93 magic all over again.  It would be fun as far as nostalgia goes, but their styles don't even seem to mesh anymore and it might be a bit of a mess.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:36:41 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: