Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 09:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 82592 times)
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #180 on: August 10, 2011, 11:00:15 PM »

i will be very disappointed if there is no US tour.  I understand that the economy isn't great here, right now, but then team up with a kick ass opening band.  I hope the US will be a major focus for them and we hear something soon.
Stoned_In_L.A.
Headliner

« Reply #181 on: August 10, 2011, 11:52:13 PM »

I understand that the economy isn't great here, right now, but then team up with a kick ass opening band. 

I think that this will really be a key factor in the success of a US tour.

Personally, I haven't seen a GNR show since the early 90s where I felt that the opening acts were even mildly interesting.

Baz was great during his Skid Row era, but his solo ventures will do very little to entice sales.

I would LOVE to see a Guns, Metallica, and Faith No More revisted tour. Now, that has the potential to be huge.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #182 on: August 11, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »

I could really give a flying fuck about the opening act.  I'm there to see GNR and hear the songs.  I'd like GNR only with a potty break some where in the long set.

Success is on Axl's shoulders.  The public want him to be a badass.  Notice I didn't say dick--lol  I think it needs some personal promotion.  And stick to the cities they do well in, unfortunately that's not mine but I'll watch from the net.

Oh yeah, and the never ending, fix Axl's hair.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #183 on: August 11, 2011, 12:34:42 AM »

Band members have talked about touring the US like DJ, Tommy and i think Bumblefoot but right now everything is really just rumors N' speculation

Did they say that plans were in the works for a US tour, or just that they'd like to tour the states?

Either way, it's not looking too promising for 2011. Maybe next year.

Does the band have a manager at the present? I thought that I read that Doc was fired.

There have also been hints at some shows by concert promoter Jim Koplik and the one and only Eddie Trunk.  Koplik has stood strong for awhile now that he thinks GNR will tour the US in the fall, and Eddie said he had heard rumblings of some shows in the midwest for the fall as well.

So while I understand the hesitation, I wouldn't give up hope just yet.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: August 11, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »

I just looked it up, and the 2006 U.S. tour was not officially announced until September 29th of that year and that tour was in November & December.

While it would probably make sense to announce the dates a bit sooner this time around, based on the economy, I agree that we should not give up on a 2011 states tour just yet. 

If we don't hear anything by September, then I think it's safe to say that the U.S. won't be seeing a GNR tour in 2011.  Until then, keep your fingers crossed!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 03:15:52 PM by sofine11 » Logged
Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: August 11, 2011, 04:21:56 PM »

I just looked it up, and the 2006 U.S. tour was not officially announced until September 29th of that year and that tour was in November & December.

While it would probably make sense to announce the dates a bit sooner this time around, based on the economy, I agree that we should not give up on a 2011 states tour just yet. 

If we don't hear anything by September, then I think it's safe to say that the U.S. won't be seeing a GNR tour in 2011.  Until then, keep your fingers crossed!

crossing finger & toes!! drool
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #186 on: August 11, 2011, 04:28:16 PM »

I hope to see a USA tour that also includes some dates in Canada. I am happy to see the band back on the road. Great to see an additional show in Mexico City too. Hope to see a long tour on the road to and visit some new cities and make some friends along the away. It will be interesting to see what happems after these Mexico dates.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #187 on: August 11, 2011, 05:01:45 PM »

The Fall 02 Tour was also announced in September, so we have plenty of time.
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #188 on: August 11, 2011, 05:31:41 PM »

The Fall 02 Tour was also announced in September, so we have plenty of time.

Yeah, looking through the news archives, it looks like dates started trickling out throughout September, with both tours being officialy confirmed by GNR late in the month.

I wonder though, since the U.S. economy went south in 2007, would it be a good idea to give these dates more time to sell?  I assume the powers that be know what they're doing in terms of announcemnts, I just wonder if we'll start hearing about Fall dates in the US sooner than later.
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #189 on: August 11, 2011, 06:26:29 PM »

How good is the Mexican economy...the US is still leaps and bounds ahead as an economy over most of the places they have announced.  We are still the riches country, aren't we?
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #190 on: August 11, 2011, 06:30:14 PM »

How good is the Mexican economy...the US is still leaps and bounds ahead as an economy over most of the places they have announced.  We are still the riches country, aren't we?

Maybe, maybe not but it's not about that.

Americans are strained under debt that has been building for years, but they also have a lot more options for the little bit of expendable income they might have in this climate.

Your average Mexican fan may not have as much disposable income, but he also doesn't have as much competing for the money he does have. It's a bit of supply and demand. I'm pretty sure we'll be hearing about US dates soon enough Smiley Just a feeling no one start any rumours Tongue
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #191 on: August 11, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »

China owns us. But Gn'R most likely won't be playing there anytime soon.

Axl is God.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #192 on: August 11, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »

It's not always about that.

Who has the most money.

It's about making everything right. So it works out for everybody.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #193 on: August 11, 2011, 07:31:43 PM »

Well, we know November & December are still clear for GNR and that time-frame has been Axl's preferance to tour the states during past tours.  We know they'll be finishing their dates in Mexico at the end of October.  And, of course, we know that they've been trying to find the right time to tour the states since this tour began.

That said, my guess is that they're currently trying to get the logistics straight and map out a tour.  Wouldn't surprise me if we start hearing rumblings over the next few weeks as things heat up.
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #194 on: August 12, 2011, 11:24:56 AM »

I believe they will make a tour in the U.S. in November.

I also have hope also for a new album in November

I remember the rumors of the release Chinese Democracy in 2008  started in September and October the band has confirmed.

within one month I think we have good news

But I'm sad that it will not show in Sao Paulo, did not get tickets to RIR
brazil66
Rocker

« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2011, 12:05:19 PM »

I think what GNR has planned for already is great. We are not getting a GNR RIR one off show but a continuation of shows in Latin America especially the new places (eg. Bolivia and Paraguay) they have never played and with the same players as the last tour. This is important in my eyes. For GNR to play in La Paz is incredible. I just hope they have an effective and sustainable management team for the future to compliment the music and band. Like I mentioned b4 I hope for a US tour of some sorts in November. It will be interesting to see if its a major tour or just some markets somewhere.

I am really happy that they are just out there doing their thing. I was just amazed in how good this band were live when I saw them in Canada and hope the US gets the same or even a better product. As for San Paulo, GNR can always do a secong leg of Latin America . They could do Porto Rico, Costa Rica , El Salvador, Venezuela, Colombia,  Ecuador, Peru and even Uruaguay again. I would just love them to tour the fuck out of Brazil and do some of the back waters. GNR could play at Manaus, Curitba, Port Alegra, Rio de Janeiro, S?o Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Brasilia to name a few. GNR has a number of options and opportunities for the future. I to hope for great things with regards to future world tours and new music to.

Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2011, 06:33:36 PM »

i will be very disappointed if there is no US tour.  I understand that the economy isn't great here, right now, but then team up with a kick ass opening band.  I hope the US will be a major focus for them and we hear something soon.

Guns are planning a US tour. This thread would not be here otherwise.

Just be patient.
NEWportTimbo
Opening Act

I belong to a GNR message board?

« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2011, 07:37:23 PM »

Guns are planning a US tour. This thread would not be here otherwise.

Just be patient.

Makes me have a bit of Patience!

12/21/11 - LA
12/26/11 - PHX
12/30/11 - Vegas
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »

There's a rumour that GNR will tour with Van Halen for a couple of dates. I find this very unlikely, who would headline?!

David Lee doesn't take a backseat from no one  Grin neither Axl does hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2011, 07:53:14 PM »

Tour 2002
Tour 2006

4 Years Of Diference...

Now... 6 Years Aprox, No Tour USA...

no

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●