Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 82564 times)
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2011, 01:25:25 PM »

Fall US tour?

I pursued Jim in relation to this (specifically about the possibility of a tour, Azoff and whether such a tour would be continuity to the prior World Tour or in support of another concept entirely). Koplik gave the following response:

I think you will see them tour in the fall and play Foxwoods or indoor Comcast. I don't know the theme of the tour.

Jim Koplik - Chairman
Live Nation ? Northeast

Interesting.  May I point out the bolded/italicized part.  Coincidence these comments are made so soon after the lawsuit settlement?  I personally doubt it.

Ali
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #81 on: June 30, 2011, 01:49:37 PM »

Also, I think Koplik is just giving his opinion on what would be the best venue for the band to play. Originally when he was asked that question, he answered that Mohegan Sun would bethe perfect venue for them. But then the DJ brought up the Comcast Ampitheater and that reminded him of the indoor Comcast, which he then said would be even better. So it's possible that after given more time to think about it. He could've changed his mind again from Mohegan to Foxwwods, which apparently is smaller.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2011, 03:06:24 PM »

Posted this in the facebook/twitter thread as well, but thought it might deserve an own thread.

From Eddie Trunk's twitter:

Hearing talk of possible Guns N Roses US dates in the midwest in November, just a handful of possible dates. More news when I get it.

We also had the mention of a show in Connecticut by some promoter a week ago or so. Looks like there's something stirring in the water right now.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »

would be great to hear something early enough so anyone wanting to organise themselves for going would have plenty of time ok
sandman
Legend

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2011, 05:52:02 PM »

AWESOME!!!!

i have alot of respect for eddie trunk and i don't think he would post just some crazy random rumor. i'm hoping there's some substance to this, shows are in the process of being booked, and an announcement will be made soon. keeping my fingers crossed.  ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Estranged#9
Rocker

"maybe i'l get it right next time..?."

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2011, 10:03:17 PM »

AWESOME!!!!

i have alot of respect for eddie trunk and i don't think he would post just some crazy random rumor. i'm hoping there's some substance to this, shows are in the process of being booked, and an announcement will be made soon. keeping my fingers crossed.  ok

ya we all herd it in the 06 Axl, Eddie, Baz interview, Eddie felt really bad stirring the pot playing the IRS leak first and promised to never really promote that rumors/leaks again to Axl !

I think this sounds fantastic !! im revved up  Cool

Chicago11/18/02
N'ville10/22/06
Chicago11/27/06
Chicago11/15/11
Nashville12/4/11 CivilWar
Chicago2/19/12HOB
Vegas 11/23/12 izzy
Vegas 11/24/12 izzy
KC 6/2/13
Vegas 6/6/14
Vegas 6/7/14
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2011, 10:10:54 PM »

ChinDem. Excelent Sales In USA:

CD / T-Shirt / Vinyl / Deluxe Edition

Northamerican Tour Incluyed MEXICO

- H I T S VENUES -

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2011, 11:24:31 PM »

AWESOME!!!!

I called into Eddie's Sirius/XM show tonight to ask about this subject.  Unfortunately he wasn't taking calls, so instead I requested "There Was A Time".  I taped the show, not sure if it was played or not.  Listening to the playback now.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2011, 02:07:19 PM »

I got a tweet back from Eddie Trunk( i`d replied to his tweet about the tour rumour and asked how come he didn't follow Axl or Guns n roses ) he replied asking if they were legit Huh i`m assuming he means the twitter accounts and not the rumour of a tour especially as he`s the one who started the rumour in the first place confused
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2011, 03:07:32 PM »

I got a tweet back from Eddie Trunk( i`d replied to his tweet about the tour rumour and asked how come he didn't follow Axl or Guns n roses ) he replied asking if they were legit Huh i`m assuming he means the twitter accounts

Both Axl's and the GN'R Twitter account are verified by Twitter.

How can people think they're fakes?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2011, 03:11:06 PM »

I got a tweet back from Eddie Trunk( i`d replied to his tweet about the tour rumour and asked how come he didn't follow Axl or Guns n roses ) he replied asking if they were legit Huh i`m assuming he means the twitter accounts

/jarmo
exactly i have sent him a message back, seems strange he would follow ex g`n` r members and not the band or him
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2011, 05:32:44 PM »

A new album & U.S. tour in November would be absolutely amazing.
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2011, 06:05:32 PM »

A new album & U.S. tour in November would be absolutely amazing.

Maybe... Album 2012

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »

The topic is about a possible US tour. Stick to that subject.

Thanks.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2011, 06:27:12 PM »

I hope its somewhere in the East or South. I am already saving just in case.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #95 on: July 12, 2011, 06:40:16 PM »

I would love an Atlantic City Show. they should do back to back nights !!! Has GnR ever done AC before?

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2011, 07:26:53 PM »

I would love an Atlantic City Show. they should do back to back nights !!! Has GnR ever done AC before?

How great would that be?  beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2011, 12:56:51 AM »

/jarmo
I'm assuming he didn't investigate the accounts, he was just asking if they were legit since there are a lot of fakes on the social media sites.  It's not like Axl tweets very often anyway, so I don't find it too shocking that a) Eddie Trunk doesn't follow him or b) Eddie Trunk wasn't sure if Axl really was even on twitter.  And I also haven't looked at who else he follows, but maybe he follows individuals rather than "bands".  Thus him following ex GNR members, Bumblefoot, etc.

Anyway, I am getting more and more optimistic about a possible US tour.  I thought "fall" seemed too soon and unlikely a few weeks back, but the rumors keep coming back into play.  We'll see.  While I'd hate to see the summer fly by, it appears that the fall may be an exciting time for this band.  At the very least we have RIR and the South American shows to look forward to.

kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: July 13, 2011, 03:18:53 AM »

There will be a US tour.Theres not point of not touring US,so the question is when.I would love a big tour like  the 90s...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #99 on: July 13, 2011, 08:19:56 AM »

AC would be killer! would love to see them at the borgata.

no idea if they ever played there before - i don't recall any shows but not sure i would remember that far back. Axl and Izzy showed up on stage with the Stones to sing "salt of the earth" (anyone that has not seen that on youtube, i HIGHLY recommend checking it out - classic stuff). my older brother was there and woke me up when he got home to tell me. i didn't believe him at first, and this was way before the internet.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: