Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 02:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228102 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  US tour starts in October!!!
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: US tour starts in October!!!  (Read 82498 times)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #280 on: September 06, 2011, 11:54:29 PM »

In my opinion i would  be suprised if there wasn`t anymore dates added just by the fact of getting the road crew and all the stage and everything together i think you`d want to do more than 10 shows to make it worth your while, lets remember "all good things come to those who wait" ok

No they don't  Cheesy

but yeah if they are going to be getting everything together might as well pick up a few Canadian dates, it's not that much further.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #281 on: September 07, 2011, 11:20:39 AM »

In my opinion i would  be suprised if there wasn`t anymore dates added just by the fact of getting the road crew and all the stage and everything together i think you`d want to do more than 10 shows to make it worth your while, lets remember "all good things come to those who wait" ok

No they don't  Cheesy

but yeah if they are going to be getting everything together might as well pick up a few Canadian dates, it's not that much further.

From some of the posts I've seen, it looks like a North American tour.  I could only imagine this would include Canada, Mexico and US already have some dates announced. ok
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

American dates are beginning to slowly come in for a Guns N' Roses tour this fall. So far, they are only slated to play Orlando, Miami and Kansas City ? but with a two-week gap between two of the dates, expect many more to come. The group has toured extensively overseas in recent years, but they haven't done a proper U.S. tour since 2006. The band ? which features Axl Rose as its sole original member ? hasn't performed since a show in Dubai last December, but they launch a 10-date tour of South America and Mexico in early October.

After more than a decade of delay, Guns N' Roses released Chinese Democracy in November of 2008. There's been much speculation that another record may one day come from material that didn't make the cut for that LP. "We certainly did record a lot of stuff," says Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson. "We recorded three records worth of material over the course of that 10-year period, but I think that a lot of the unfinished bits were mostly lyrics and mixes and things like that." Might another record be in the works? "I'm not a liberty to talk about that," Stinson says. "I don't get into that aspect. That's Axl's business."

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible ? but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena in London.

It's clear, however, that Axl is unwilling to perform with Slash ever again. "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed," Axl said in 2009. "The less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better."

Here are the upcoming USA dates for Guns N' Roses.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL - Amway Center
10/29/11 - Miami, FL - American Airlines Arena
11/12/11 - Kansas City, MO - Sprint Center

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-launching-american-tour-in-october-20110909

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2011, 06:42:39 PM »

Haha, yep....we know this...

Axl is God.
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #284 on: September 10, 2011, 08:18:02 AM »

American dates are beginning to slowly come in for a Guns N' Roses tour this fall. So far, they are only slated to play Orlando, Miami and Kansas City ? but with a two-week gap between two of the dates, expect many more to come. The group has toured extensively overseas in recent years, but they haven't done a proper U.S. tour since 2006. The band ? which features Axl Rose as its sole original member ? hasn't performed since a show in Dubai last December, but they launch a 10-date tour of South America and Mexico in early October.

After more than a decade of delay, Guns N' Roses released Chinese Democracy in November of 2008. There's been much speculation that another record may one day come from material that didn't make the cut for that LP. "We certainly did record a lot of stuff," says Guns N' Roses bassist Tommy Stinson. "We recorded three records worth of material over the course of that 10-year period, but I think that a lot of the unfinished bits were mostly lyrics and mixes and things like that." Might another record be in the works? "I'm not a liberty to talk about that," Stinson says. "I don't get into that aspect. That's Axl's business."

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible ? but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena in London.

It's clear, however, that Axl is unwilling to perform with Slash ever again. "In a nutshell, personally I consider him a cancer and better removed," Axl said in 2009. "The less anyone heard of him or his supporters the better."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/guns-n-roses-launching-american-tour-in-october-20110909

There are a bunch of threads already discussing all of this.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #285 on: September 10, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible ? but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2011, 12:28:35 PM »

The band is eligible for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame next year. Assuming they get in on their first ballot, the March 2012 ceremony would be an opportunity for the classic lineup to stand together on the same stage for the first time since drummer Steven Adler left in 1990. Rose has long maintained that any sort of reunion with the classic lineup is impossible ? but guitarist Izzy Stradlin did play with Axl on a series of dates in 2006. And last year in England, bassist Duff McKagan played on four songs at the 02 Arena.

HBK 2.0?
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2011, 12:34:04 PM »

i did not even see this thread lol
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2011, 11:48:44 AM »

Jim Koplik (correctly predicted fall US tour) thinks there'll be GN'R gigs in "Hartford, Worcester and NY". Smiley

billsguy
Rocker

« Reply #289 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:35 AM »

I just don't understand why they won't promote this tour with a big press release of dates.  I know they may still be working on some, but the one date at a time does very little for momentum.  A sweeping 20 date tour announcement would gain much more buzz if it came all at once.  Haven't they learned from CD's lack of strong promotion that it is really important to create buzz in the US? 

That being said, I can't wait to see them multiple times in the states soon.

Mike
Chinese Monopoly
Rocker

« Reply #290 on: September 12, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »

I just don't understand why they won't promote this tour with a big press release of dates.

I think this phased system of releasing dates is designed to sustain any sort of ?buzz?.

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #291 on: September 12, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »

The way the dates are playing out looks like the West coast dates will be in Dec.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40:17 PM »

The way the dates are playing out looks like the West coast dates will be in Dec.

Its going to be interesting....

They are free Oct 30th -> Nov 12th... Doesnt give them much time for may shows on either coast, (assuming they do every other night, which is the norm, even though they have a few back to backs scheduled already)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2011, 12:52:42 PM »

This little piece of info is on the Target Center web site, and it's often overlooked by a lot of people:
The group has toured extensively overseas in recent years, but they haven?t done a U.S. tour since 2006.

It seems like people forget that in this age of Youtube clips and bands touring every summer.

Even if you saw the 2006 tour, you haven't seen this show. No matter how you twist it.

A real rock n' roll show every five years, is that too much to handle?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »

This little piece of info is on the Target Center web site, and it's often overlooked by a lot of people:
The group has toured extensively overseas in recent years, but they haven?t done a U.S. tour since 2006.

It seems like people forget that in this age of Youtube clips and bands touring every summer.

Even if you saw the 2006 tour, you haven't seen this show. No matter how you twist it.

A real rock n' roll show every five years, is that too much to handle?  hihi

/jarmo

Yeah especially since they added more Chinese Democracy songs to those show's overseas, that weren't played at the time in 2006.   I'm eager to see when they announce the west coast shows !  beer

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:14 PM »

Most of the US fans have not seen this band or this show.

The production alone is way different compared to 2006-7.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #296 on: September 12, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »

tour will have interval the 29th october  to the 12th of November?

If you believe any material that can roll again Nov. 8. kkk
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #297 on: September 12, 2011, 02:14:47 PM »

MSG Available Dates 19 & 20 November...

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #298 on: September 12, 2011, 02:38:32 PM »

Most of the US fans have not seen this band or this show.

The production alone is way different compared to 2006-7.

/jarmo

I'm beyond excited to hear more Chinese Democracy songs and see the newer production first hand!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #299 on: September 12, 2011, 02:49:27 PM »

tour will have interval the 29th october  to the 12th of November?

If you believe any material that can roll again Nov. 8. kkk

No shows have been announced for those dates yet. Doesn't mean there won't be shows during that period.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: