Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2024, 07:56:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228478 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Sell Car, Guitars In Auction
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Sell Car, Guitars In Auction  (Read 3713 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 15, 2011, 12:33:14 PM »

Slash to sell car, guitars in auction

Feb 15, 2011

The former Guns N' Roses guitarist has teamed up with a Beverly Hills auction house to sell a wide range of personal property to fans and collectors next month.

Buyers with a passion for skulls and dinosaurs will be in luck, along with those whose living rooms would sparkle with exotic Southeast Asian furniture.

A sizable share of the proceeds from the March 26 sale will go to charity, according to Julien's Auctions, which specializes in selling entertainment memorabilia.

Auctioneer Darren Julien said he expected most of the items to end up overseas, particularly in Japan and other Asian markets where Guns N' Roses are still revered.

One of the perils of being a successful rock star for more than 20 years is that money buys a lot of clutter.

"I have a bad habit of collecting stuff that I don't necessarily use," Slash told Reuters, calling from a tour bus en route to a show in Oklahoma.

But a recent house move provided the 45-year-old rocker and his wife, Perla, with the perfect excuse to open their storage closets to fans and to boost the coffers of a local charity for abused and homeless adolescents.

"MONSTER OF A CAR"

The crown jewel is a 1966 Corvette Stingray, estimated to sell for at least $90,000 to $100,000, and described by Slash as "a monster of a car."

It was the toughest item to let go of, because it was the first good car he ever bought just as Guns N' Roses were becoming big stars in the late 1980s, and it is largely in original condition. Fluffy dice are included.

But the car has been sitting in storage while Slash drives new Aston Martins and his wife ferries their two young sons in an SUV. "I know that somebody would love to have that car because muscle cars are very, very popular," he said.

He estimates he has about 100 guitars, and will sell 14 of them at the auction. Among them is a Guild acoustic on which he recorded the band's early ballad "Patience." Also on the block are various custom and one-of-a-kind Telecaster, Stratocaster, Sanchez, Epiphone and B.C. Rich models.

Jackets, T-shirts and jewelry -- with skull motifs in abundance -- are going on sale, and two of Slash's trademark top hats.

And then there are the model dinosaurs, which would thrill any 6-year-old boy and evidently did the same to an adult rock star.

"My house was completely immersed in prehistoric animal lore," when he started dating his wife, Slash said. But she married him anyway.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153954

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:41:14 AM »

Wishin' I had a lot of money in my bank right now. 
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 11:01:31 AM »

Would love to be able to own the Guild acoustic, my husbands fav out of his own collections.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 09:14:23 PM »

There is a lot of cool stuff on there. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 10:37:30 PM »

I wonder why he's selling all this stuff -- and there's a lot here:

https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21

Fans who attend the auction dressed as Slash will receive a free catalog. Cheesy

Property From the Collection of Slash

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Julien?s Auctions is proud to partner with legendary guitarist and musician Slash to offer items from Slash?s personal collection at auction. For the first time ever Slash has authorized the sale of guitars, clothing, jewelry, furniture and d?cor from his home and other personal items.

Highlights from this sale include two versions of Slash?s Gibson signature guitars, stage and event worn T-shirts, Slash?s diamond encrusted guitar pendent, a pair of monumental red suede conversion sofas from Slash?s home, Slash?s Harley, 1966 corvette, and other eclectic items from Slash?s travels around the world. From Guns N? Roses early days, through the formation of Velvet Revolver to Slash?s solo career ? every period of Slash?s career is represented in over 300 items.

The items can be viewed at Julien?s Auctions showroom in Beverly Hills at 9665 Wilshire Boulevard from 10am to 5pm Monday through Saturday starting Monday March 7th through Saturday, March 26th.

A portion of the proceeds from this sale will benefit one of Slash?s favorite charities, Los Angeles Youth Network (LAYN). LAYN works to empower abused, neglected and homeless adolescents to become self-sufficient. More information about this organization can be found at www.layn.org.

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2011/slash/index.html

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2011, 03:33:41 PM »

Slash is selling home items at auction

He's clearing out some possessions for charity. Here's a Q&A.

March 18, 2011

Slash, who released his first solo LP in 2010, answered questions by e-mail while on the road in Asia:

Why am I not surprised that Slash has a man cave?

That basement is my world. The staircase walls leading down to it are covered in a crocodile embossed leather. I have a small studio/office that is all custom built for my recording gear, collectibles and books. The room is painted burgundy with black soundproofing fabric, and the woods are very dark and rich. There is also a home theater (black leather chairs, black textured fabric on walls and black carpet) with one entire wall for the projection screen. The main area is a game room with a custom-made black poker table Perla had made as a gift to me. It has my logo embroidered in the middle. There are black leather chairs around it and dark hardwood floors with a custom made leopard area rug. The wallpaper is really cool ? black with a gold-ish tone print over it that when you look carefully, you see the print comes together making skulls.

Why are you putting your old furniture up for auction?

About two years ago, we bought what you can call our "dream home." We did some extensive remodeling. We didn't move walls or anything, but we customized the entire house. We kept a few pieces, but Perla decorated it all entirely new, so we decided to auction all furnishings as well as a lot of clothes I've worn on stage over the years, jewelry, guitars and even a car. I'm donating proceeds to the Los Angeles Youth Network.

Where did you live before you found your dream house?

We have had everything from a wild tree house-looking place up Laurel Canyon, 1920s Spanish in the flats of Beverly Hills (this home supposedly had a speakeasy in the basement), a Zen-like contemporary in Sherman Oaks with amazing views of the valley and walls of windows, and a Hollywood Hills Spanish hacienda with Moroccan elements in the architecture. ? Perla is Cuban and very ethnic, and I'm very bohemian. I guess you can say that's our style.

To what extent do your wife and kids affect the way you live and decorate?

Since I got married, Perla has done all the decorating, and she has a great sense of style. We have the same likes and dislikes, so it makes it easier. She also "consults" with me on colors, fabrics and overall vibe for rooms. Before Perla, my first house was decorated by the set designers who did the [Guns N' Roses] "Patience" video. My idea of decorating is pinball machines, dinosaur models and lots of snakes!

What's the appeal of reptiles?

I love snakes, and I have had many over the years. There was a time when I was breeding them. I still have a very large anaconda.

And you have cobra candlesticks among your many brass objects. Did you display them as a collection?

I kept them all over the house. I acquired them slowly over the years. I'm not much of a shopper, but when I travel, if I see something really cool, I buy it and ship it home. I like unique items that have character.

That glass sculpture of a skull in a top hat certainly has character. The story?

It was made for me by a fan. I'm just attracted to skulls. Our new home is filled with them.

And yet you are auctioning those fantastic textiles with skeletons.

I was told they were Tibetan yoga mats. My wife purchased them from an antiques dealer. They were in our Hollywood Hills home and used for yoga, and then they were moved into the lounge of our Sherman Oaks home.

Why do you have so many dinosaurs?

Get the monthly that has L.A. talking. Subscribe to Los Angeles Times Magazine at a special introductory rate.

I became obsessed with them as a child in England and never grew out of it. My favorites are mostly therapod dinosaurs. The dinosaurs we are auctioning off, I've had way before I even became a father. I had a 4-foot T-Rex in the entryway, and it used to freak some people out, but for the most part, he is pretty cute.

And that crazy glass table with a base made from dinosaur claws. Where did that live?

It was in my studio. Charlie Sheen gave it to me as a gift over 10 years ago.

Whoa. Are you regifting anything else to the auctioneer?

There are three black velvet Ralph Lauren pillows that were a gift from Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne. And Perla bought a bench that was used in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest," and the original script hand-signed by Jack Nicholson himself. It was in our Hollywood Hills home in the hallway, and yes, we let people sit on it.

Of all the things you are putting up for auction, what will you really miss?

The half-circle-shaped sofa. If that sofa could talk! I had it in the corner of the living room of the first house I bought around 1989 ? a very wild time in my life. It was burgundy velvet. When I hooked up with Perla and we were moving into our first house together, she wanted to get rid of it ? as you can imagine. . . . So we compromised: We kept the frame, but she had all the cushions remade and reupholstered.

http://www.latimes.com/features/home/la-hm-slash-auction-20110318,0,1054402.story?page=1

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2011, 01:47:41 PM »

VH1 video report -- showing the merchandise etc.

VH1 News: Slash Auction

http://www.vh1.com/video/misc/633440/vh1-news-slash-auction.jhtml

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »

Slash's Super Bowl ensemble sold for over $100,000:

SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE WORN TOP HAT
https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/5081/

SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE WORN ENSEMBLE
https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/5080/

SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE WORN HIGHTOP SHOES
https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/5082/from/find-lots/

SLASH SUPERBOWL XLV PERFORMANCE PLAYED GIBSON LES PAUL GUITAR
https://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/21/lot/5083/

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2011, 01:10:17 AM »

Anyone else see this image, posted by Sorum on his Twitter?

Anyone know if he's the dude who bought it?  Or is he just wearing it for some reason?  Crazy question, I know, but I'm all nosey about it now. 
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2011, 01:47:55 AM »

Anyone know if he's the dude who bought it?  Or is he just wearing it for some reason?  Crazy question, I know, but I'm all nosey about it now. 

Apparently one bidder from Texas bought the entire ensemble.  I think Matt is just having some fun. Smiley

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 02:24:48 AM »

Well, see, the thing that made me wonder about it (besides the photo) was that apparently the winning bidder of the SB stuff was from Texas.  Matt was down in Texas all that previous week.  I don't even really like Sorum all that much and don't follow him on Twitter or anywhere else, but my little "curiosity feelers" kind of went up there, so I started lookin'.  Made me want to put 2 + 2 together, so I start putting too much into it.   
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »

I know what you're saying, I was thinking the same thing.  It just sold at auction -- why is Matt wearing it.

And it would be kind of weird if Matt payed 100K to dress up like Slash. hihi

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: