Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:23:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl responds to claims about GN'R's future plans
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl responds to claims about GN'R's future plans  (Read 18096 times)
Kierkegaard_Says
Opening Act

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »

Yep, short and to the point is what we need and what we got.

or all hell breaks with interpretation.  Wink

"Life must be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward. "
"The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be"  SK
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »

I have stayed largely quiet on this but hey, it's Saturday night and what better to give me opinion.

Quite simply...bands, business and organisations makes plans on a daily, weekly basis.  There is constantly plans afoot for a variety of things.  My business has multiple plans on the go at any one time - why would GNR be any different?

However....and this is the point......plans dont always work out.  They dont work out for a number of reasons - finance, timing, no support from outside sources, bad ideas.  Just because something is planned does not means that it is set in stone. 

So the fact that MSL claims to have all of these plans for 2011, what in fact he most probably has is discussions about possible plans - what might happen, what could be positive moves.  Doesnt mean that they will, should, could happen.

Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2011, 08:44:01 PM »

I have stayed largely quiet on this but hey, it's Saturday night and what better to give me opinion.

Quite simply...bands, business and organisations makes plans on a daily, weekly basis.  There is constantly plans afoot for a variety of things.  My business has multiple plans on the go at any one time - why would GNR be any different?

However....and this is the point......plans dont always work out.  They dont work out for a number of reasons - finance, timing, no support from outside sources, bad ideas.  Just because something is planned does not means that it is set in stone. 

So the fact that MSL claims to have all of these plans for 2011, what in fact he most probably has is discussions about possible plans - what might happen, what could be positive moves.  Doesnt mean that they will, should, could happen.

I agree with you in my buisnes is the same we have plenty of ideas trhwon around, and plenty of posible options for the near future and also diferent posibilites and outcome swe mention in our emails and talks between the diferent partners and peole that are involved in the organization of the busines.. one thing is for sure if someone tried to do what that guy is doing which is pretty much Blackmai, we would probably raise hell about it (legaly)

Here Today..
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2011, 10:31:26 PM »

The whole powerpoint thing he had was probably some ideas thrown by someone on the table. They made a presentation (hence the powerpoint) but they didn't go through with it.

If MSL tries to sell an article based on ideas, or brainstorming, then he'll be the biggest asshole in GN'R history...

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 04:49:53 AM »

remember Axl saying words to the effect, if you wanna live your life clinging onto a situation that you can't control, go ahead that's your responsibility not his. Well this falls into the same edit, hang on to the words of the un-connected if you wish, when there's something to report you'll hear it then..... In the meantime, get on with living.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 11:48:20 AM »

Well, obviously guns n roses in last 10 years had a bad menagment...Axl and guys put put some briliant cd in 2008, and there were no commercial for it...in the other hand gnr had succesufull tour in 2010, but stuff could be gone better with better promotion especially for the new guys (for example here in Serbia months before the show promo was very negativ e and bad, but after show thing changed and every word was how they great, and gnr show was the show of the year. I'm sure gnr can fill out stadium in Serbia now).So for me, Axl have done good move ...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2011, 01:52:43 PM »

From Tommy Stinson:

In case anyone was wondering... Axl has not fired me as of yet, and i have not quit GNR. Let's not start running amok here.

Feb 4th via TweetDeck

@Tommy_stinson hey man how are you? Is everything Ok w/ you n GnR? I hope so...Hug from Lisbon.

Tommy Stinson: @_Ana_Melo all is well here. i'm still in.

Feb 4th via TweetDeck in reply to _Ana_Melo

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 06, 2011, 03:30:06 PM »

From Tommy Stinson:

In case anyone was wondering... Axl has not fired me as of yet, and i have not quit GNR. Let's not start running amok here.

Feb 4th via TweetDeck

@Tommy_stinson hey man how are you? Is everything Ok w/ you n GnR? I hope so...Hug from Lisbon.

Tommy Stinson: @_Ana_Melo all is well here. i'm still in.

Feb 4th via TweetDeck in reply to _Ana_Melo

Thank you Tommy!!! Thats all I wanted to hear, and in those words!
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2011, 03:43:30 PM »

So I wouldn't discount the idea of Guns touring this year yet. But impatience seems to follow this band no matter what their song asks for.

Impatience?

You don't waiting think 2+ years (and counting) for a US tour to materialize after we waited 14 years for an album is excessive?

Frank said Fall 2010, Ashba said Feb 2011 ...

Gawain: Are you serious???

Axl basically just said that there are not, nor were there ever plans for a tour.  Roll Eyes

You're weird.

But again, were working on Axl time. It happens when it happens. Plus, when you add in the economy, and those slots in between other bands touring, you'll have to wait until this tour is going to be a success.

And trust me, over here in England, we are well aware of having to wait for bands to come over and play for us.
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2011, 05:18:42 PM »

I specialy like the last part  ok

Same here.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 11:12:24 AM »

Axl cool man. Whatever it takes to get a follow up to CD to us as soon as humanly possible. If that means no tour this year, fine. Having said that, I can't wait for you to come back home rocking the fuck out of Southern motherfucking California. Thank you.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
SirTed
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »

Hello.

So, if it's all in some other thread, feel free to point me in the correct direction, but if not...

Can someone please tell me what the fuck is going on?

How did people get the impression Tommy was going to be fired (I realize he isn't)? From his twitter alone, or some other source?

How does Doc Mcgee fit into this scheme?

How the hell does Duff fit?

Geez. I step away for a couple days and everything goes to hell, or appeared to, but really didn't.

Any kind of timeline or rundown of recent events would be lovely.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 01:15:30 PM »

It's addressing rumours by a complete dickwad. As far I know, nobody believed any of it, though.

Of course, though... it does seem a bit weird that they're addressing rumours that were deleted from the forum. Because for people who only visit this forum (and let's face it, it's the only decent one), it looks like they're dismissing rumours that never happened.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 01:46:19 PM »

I will never agree fans bashing other fans. Now there are different levels of "whining" but  to say us  US fans have no right to be a bit bummed out if we don't get a US tour ... well thats just bullshit in my opinion.

Certainly we shouldn't "bash" the band or feel like we've been betrayed, but rabid fans wanting to see their favorite band is a  "GREAT" thing. It is never a bad thing having a fanbase that WANTS u. If we didn't care, thats when GNR would have problems. Having people going nuts cause they want to see u is a great and encouraging thing.

we want to experience the amazing shows everyone else got to experience. please tell me what is wrong with that?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »

There's nothing wrong with wanting to see your favorite band or being sad if they don't play anywhere near you.

It's normal.

What's not normal is the "demands" some seem to have. The band needs to do this. They have to be like this. Etc. etc. And the whining that follows when the band doesn't follow these demands dreamed up by individuals, who obviously seem to lack a way to feel happy about the band. Nothing is ever good enough because the band just won't do what they want.

These people never stop. You can't please them.

If you just look at the things some of them say, it's almost like we've had no album or tour dates in a decade!

Maybe some of these people need to admit that the GN'R they claim to be fans of, only exists in their imagination... While the rest of us are enjoying GN'R and what they have given us in the real world.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AXL DEMOCRACY
Rocker

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 02:19:42 PM »

It's addressing rumours by a complete dickwad. As far I know, nobody believed any of it, though.

Of course, though... it does seem a bit weird that they're addressing rumours that were deleted from the forum. Because for people who only visit this forum (and let's face it, it's the only decent one), it looks like they're dismissing rumours that never happened.

The G N' R Bar is a good forum too.  You have to "apply" for membership there though; which basically means a request to the mod and as long as you have no history of being a troublemaker, you're free to post there.  A lot of great fans there who have been around forever.

"The art comes first.  It dictates if not the course [then] the destination artistically." - W. Axl Rose
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 02:27:32 PM »

Personally I can't support any kind of activity that in my opinion is immoral and/or illegal.

Simple as that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 02:56:08 PM »

Ive been critical of GNR in the past at times, but really, no one has anything to be critical about right now. long tour, Axl even tweets now. So they definitely have improved communication and fan stuff 1000 percent.

they definitely have earned some down time, but I hope we never have another one of those years of silence periods like we use to have pre CD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 03:54:28 PM »

DJ initially said there would be a U.S tour in Feb.-I know things change, but maybe he should tell the band not to be saying things like this-not a big deal, but I was kind of looking forward to it after he said it.

libertad
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 04:22:24 PM »

I guess it's all about high expectations and to much claiming idd....

By now evryone really should know what to expect...be realistic....as long as things aren't officially confirmed it's all rumors dreams and wishes...not only gor the fans....even for the band....including Axl I guess......maybe most of all Axl.....cos I really think he wants the same as the fans.

And to all the claiming fans....let's turn around things.... let's so...Axl....or who ever....could claim things from you....how would you react?.... Are you a slave?.....or a dumb ass who listens to others how to get a life ?

why should Axl be like that ? Axl = Axl....like you = you.... me = me....

Asking wishing dreaming wanting is ok......demanding things is another thing

peace
 beer
 smoking

PS Maybe it's time to get back to the facts....maybe even time to close or clean some threads but that's not up to me ofcourse
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: