Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:29:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl responds to claims about GN'R's future plans
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl responds to claims about GN'R's future plans  (Read 18148 times)
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 10:45:46 AM »

Huh

I am all confused, what the hell been happening ?

Thanks Giant Robot...
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 11:02:03 AM »

Problem is GNR fans seem to think that everything revolves around them and to their liking, and if things aren't going on it is assumed oh god shit, something must be wrong. Blah blah whine whine. Seriously how many bands get harassed as GNR do, by the supposed true fans, does anyone care or bitch and moan about other bands like some do here,? Probably not, but in the end Axl and GNR come though! Whinny bitches need to stop and get off for awhile. I'm not interested in trying to have a 'nice" dialog with some here, but those who know me:) Know me. And all the BS and crap that people like to speculate about , get off your soap box! Jesus Christ the band isn't allowed a break, and just be normal for a few months after a yr of touring?

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 11:09:15 AM »

Huh

I am all confused, what the hell been happening ?

The same here. I had asked this before in this thread. Not exactly sure what is going on or the exact issues. One of which seems to be the tour.
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 11:14:45 AM »

So I wouldn't discount the idea of Guns touring this year yet. But impatience seems to follow this band no matter what their song asks for.

Impatience?

You don't waiting think 2+ years (and counting) for a US tour to materialize after we waited 14 years for an album is excessive?

Frank said Fall 2010, Ashba said Feb 2011 ...

Gawain: Are you serious???

Axl basically just said that there are not, nor were there ever plans for a tour.  Roll Eyes

You're weird.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 11:21:26 AM »

"...and if things aren't going on it is assumed [by fans] oh god shit, something must be wrong..."

well, if a well-known manager (again) has to leave/left then there is any right to think that something went wrong. when being without managment again its also a normal thing to fear that any next step for this band might be harder to organize and stuff which leads to more delays in plans, its not much of speculation. and honestly no matter how much fans like CD and the 2009/10 shows you dont really want long times off, do you? yeah, off course we arent owned anything and they need breaks, bla bla, but there is so much small stuff which could easily be done in non-release/non-tour-periods (see my post above), why not taking a little effort into that? it'd be more of a win-win situation. you call it whining, others call it constructive critism.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 11:37:27 AM »

Tommy's Twitter on Dec. 14th was not very encouraging-I would like to see him stay in the band, I hope he was half joking with the have not been fired yet, have not quit tweet.

libertad
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

I cleaned up this thread because as usual, people who stay quiet when the band is active, show up to whine about inactivity.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 12:14:16 PM »

Well, after all, nothing really changed.

Last week was ridiculous. "The most ridiculous week on GNR history". Not really. GNR had nothing to do with that. It was fans trolling other fans.
All we got is that Doc is not the manager anymore.

Axl did much taking time to talk about that. Nothing really changes. If last week hadn't happen on GNR world, would be the same thing.

Now we wait for the future plans.  Cool
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2011, 12:19:47 PM »

So I wouldn't discount the idea of Guns touring this year yet. But impatience seems to follow this band no matter what their song asks for.

Impatience?

You don't waiting think 2+ years (and counting) for a US tour to materialize after we waited 14 years for an album is excessive?

Frank said Fall 2010, Ashba said Feb 2011 ...

Gawain: Are you serious???

Axl basically just said that there are not, nor were there ever plans for a tour.  Roll Eyes

You're weird.

You're reading what you want to believe.  I take that to mean that there were never any concrete plans, wheels in motion, dates and venues confirmed for a US tour.  Not that they have never even thought of touring the US.  I'm sure they've been trying to get something going, but for whatever reason it's taken some time and we're still not there yet.  If you want to go and believe that Axl hates his fans in the US and therefore is purposely avoiding touring here, be my guest.  That's just not how I choose to see it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »

"...and if things aren't going on it is assumed [by fans] oh god shit, something must be wrong..."

well, if a well-known manager (again) has to leave/left then there is any right to think that something went wrong. when being without managment again its also a normal thing to fear that any next step for this band might be harder to organize and stuff which leads to more delays in plans, its not much of speculation. and honestly no matter how much fans like CD and the 2009/10 shows you dont really want long times off, do you? yeah, off course we arent owned anything and they need breaks, bla bla, but there is so much small stuff which could easily be done in non-release/non-tour-periods (see my post above), why not taking a little effort into that? it'd be more of a win-win situation. you call it whining, others call it constructive critism.
They've been without management before and it didn't seem to slow things down.  Is it an ideal situation?  Of course not.  But they started the tour in Taiwan/Japan without management.  Doc came onboard along the way and they really didn't skip a beat.  I'm sure they've been talking to other potential managers and they're not just sitting by the wayside feeling sorry for themselves.  Maybe Doc is out because he couldn't deliver what they wanted in a timeframe they saw fit and maybe they're now searching for someone who can.  That's pure speculation, but I really don't think the fact that they fired Doc is a reason to get all pessimistic about the future.  If I'm proven to be wrong, so be it, but I don't see this as a huge hurdle.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2011, 12:31:52 PM »

Management issues did cause things to slow down, resulting in Axl's lawsuit against Arzoff-according to Axl is caused the album to suffer, as well as a potential Van Halen tour.

libertad
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »

Management issues did cause things to slow down, resulting in Axl's lawsuit against Arzoff-according to Axl is caused the album to suffer, as well as a potential Van Halen tour.
Well it seems that it slowed things down at the beginning, though at the same time we may have gotten Chinese Democracy earlier because of management even though the next year certainly seemed to be effected by issues with Azoff.  But in between Azoff and Doc there didn't seem to be too much of a slow down in progress.  Again, it's obviously not an ideal situation and I certainly don't think it speeds anything up.  But at the same time I don't think it's a reason to get too concerned at the moment.  Now if we go on a few more months and see or hear of no progress then I might start to worry.  But the band just got through a year plus of touring a little more than a month ago.  So let's not jump the gun, that's all I'm saying.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 02:41:13 PM »

Quote from: Axl Rose
Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors (n' certainly not to replace anyone in the band) beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals w/out any real foundation or negotiations in place other than our prior involvements (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to put together). And 4 the record Doc McGhee is no longer involved w/either myself or GN'R.

N' b4 it's twisted "prior involvements" has nothing to do with old GN"R.

To those who don't have English as their first language, Axl says there were never any finalized (concrete means something that's not imaginary) plans for a tour, a re-release, sponsors or plans to replace anybody in the band. He says there were ideas, but they were nothing more than just ideas. For example, we can all have ideas about things in life, but to make them into reality, we need to work on them. You can't just say "here's where GN'R should tour". It's not that easy. It takes more work.

Then he says Doc McGhee is not managing Axl or GN'R.

I hope that explained it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2011, 03:12:14 PM »

Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors (n' certainly not to replace anyone in the band) beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals w/out any real foundation or negotiations in place other than our prior involvements (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to put together). And 4 the record Doc McGhee is no longer involved w/either myself or GN'R.

To those who don't have English as their first language, Axl says there were never any finalized (concrete means something that's not imaginary) plans for a tour, a re-release, sponsors or plans to replace anybody in the band. He says there were ideas, but they were nothing more than just ideas. For example, we can all have ideas about things in life, but to make them into reality, we need to work on them. You can't just say "here's where GN'R should tour". It's not that easy. It takes more work.

/jarmo
cooĺ, thank you a lot jarmo...i don't know why did axl have a plans to replace tommy?tommy is amazing
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2011, 03:15:55 PM »

i don't know why did axl have a plans to replace tommy?

He didn't.

/jarmo

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2011, 03:29:09 PM »

i don't know why did axl have a plans to replace tommy?

He didn't.

/jarmo

I think there were never any plans or ideas to replace anyone in the band. I think there were tour ideas, but Axl seemed strongly against the notion anyone in the band was gonna ever be replaced.

Ali
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2011, 04:09:50 PM »

Very vague. I'm not reading into anything, I just wish Axl would give a more defined answer or statement. I'd like to know his thoughts on all of this.

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2011, 04:10:32 PM »

/jarmo

Jarmo...is English YOUR first language?Huh lol

And btw.....for the record, that fat bastard we're all railing against now claimed he had "Jackie Chan, AND The General".

Last I checked, weren't those two the same songs? lol

The guy is a phony.

And it's typical to hear Americans bitch and moan about there being no tour. You don't hear the rest of the planet complaining do ya?

Hehe...sorry...had to.....

Anyway, lets all go back to our daily lives of enjoying the music, speculating in a positive way, and bugging the shit outta BBF whenever we can think of some inane reason to contact him.

Ok...that last part might just be me.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

Very vague. I'm not reading into anything, I just wish Axl would give a more defined answer or statement. I'd like to know his thoughts on all of this.

Maybe it's vague because there's nothing concrete, and Axl doesn't want to lay everything on the table with whats going on in the GnR camp because a) he doesn't want to get our hopes up, b) there really is nothing he can report, and c) it's none of our business what goes on behind closed doors if they don't want us to know

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2011, 04:53:44 PM »

i guess he just said what he felt he needed to say.... short, sharp and to the point.
the more he says the more lines there are to read between i guess!!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 04:55:32 PM by wadey » Logged

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: