Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 10:30:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl responds to claims about GN'R's future plans
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl responds to claims about GN'R's future plans  (Read 18124 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: February 04, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »

On Saturday 5th February 2011, @axlrose said:

Contrary to anyone's claims there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour, a relaunch or sponsors (n' certainly not to replace anyone in the band) beyond a collection of random ideas thrown out by various individuals w/out any real foundation or negotiations in place other than our prior involvements (which wouldn't take a rocket scientist to put together). And 4 the record Doc McGhee is no longer involved w/either myself or GN'R.

axlrose
N' b4 it's twisted "prior involvements" has nothing to do with old GN"R.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:24:44 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 10:31:10 PM »

Nice answer. Hope that pile of shit dont ever try anything else to mess with the GNR community.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:35:58 PM »

Very interesting.  Thanks for the clarification.  yes

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:47:41 PM »

I specialy like the last part  ok

Here Today..
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:00:19 PM »

Wow, I really cant believe theres STILL people believing in that pile of crap because of Axl's comments on Doc. Jesus, really? Those people could just try to use a little of their defunct brain.

Man, that pisses me off.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 11:01:44 PM »

Nice answer. Hope that pile of shit dont ever try anything else to mess with the GNR community.

Amen!

I hope we dont have to hear from that 'fat idiot' ever again, he might of got the doc mcghee part right, but if you take a stab in the darkness enough times, soon you will hit something.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 03:10:09 AM »

so....not much goin on the next months?

Re-Union time, baby!!
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 04:22:41 AM »

I feel sad that there`s no plans for a tour specialy as he seemed to be having a blast, as for the Doc part i kind of thought he`d stepped into help them out after they`d been left high n dry by Azoff so maybe that`s not really a big deal, the problem is from the media side it looks like "oh guns lost or fired another manager"
I hope there are some plans to do something this year it would be a shame not to carry on the momentum i think myself and alot of people on the forum were already planning a road trip so i feel doubly sad.Good wishes Axl don`t lose these guys there brilliant keep going forward never go back  Kiss
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 05:08:41 AM »

gnr has a reputation with managers so it's actualy no wonder he's gone already although it's a shame cause he was one of the best or not the best!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 07:17:04 AM »

No, he said "there are no concrete plans nor were there ever for a tour". It means the obvious - that they didn't put togheter a tour yet. It means nothing more than this.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 07:27:16 AM »

so? i stand by my word:
"when looking to GN'Rs history this could very well be a longer silent period of time"

Re-Union time, baby!!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2011, 07:56:15 AM »

I'm happy it's all bullshit, because all I've read wasn't very smart...

1) a relaunch? bad idea. especially with Bestbuy, we already saw how it went, no need to do twice the same mistakes.

2) a Better remix with DJ on guitar? no need to insult the writer of this song (Robin) this way, and I didn't see the point.

3) replacing Tommy by Duff? well, I like Duff of course, but since it's not Tommy's decision to quit...I don't see why he could be fired, and Tommy is cool and has done a lot for the band.

4) "blood in the water" ? Duff used the sentence after he played with the band as guest. Mister Wrestler has no big imagination.

thanks Axl to clarify the shit. and since there's no concrete plans, it could be great to have some "new" songs released online,
like Billy Corgan do on the Smashing Pumpkins website for example.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 08:03:40 AM »

I'm actually very surprised about Doc not being involved with GN'R any longer. He was at the Manchester show and seemed to be taking a vast interest with Guns, also remember that photo of him laughing with the band at the table.

As far as everything else, whatever. Axl doesn't deserve to have to defend himself to internet gossips, but I'm happy he has cleared this stuff up.

Of course as a GN'R fan, I'm dissapointed by there not being any plans for a tour or anything so it seems. But that is something that has been going on for a while, on and off. So we just have to ride through the storm, and take the good with the bad I suppose.  Smiley
Erick
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 08:29:21 AM »

Axl rules!

B-Day man !  Please Rock n Rio 2011 !

gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 08:56:56 AM »

People like this troll are getting way too much undeserved attention on online forums. The thing that bothers me is people actually believe in all the crap he's saying based on a few "documents" that aren't even real.

And since this guy is obviously talented for manipulating other people online he somehow finds a way to explain every thing that happens or doesn't happen and tells you it's because of him or his "documents".

Things like this should be stopped at the beginning, because we all know if you tell the same lie a 1000 times people start to believe it. It's a good thing Axl reacted and stopped all this, but if were to comment on every bullshit rumour that happens online he wouldn't have time to even sleep not to mention do something related to the band.

And also regarding the rumours about Tommy - I think he deserves a little bit more respect. He's been in the band for 13 years, a lot more than some other people have and he's been loyal & devoted to the band for all his time there. Starting bullshit like him beeing fired or quitting the band is a big slap in the face.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 09:10:47 AM »

Ok. From what I gather, someone is spreading false rumors about GNR. Doc McGee is out. Am I correct? Are the false rumors related to the tour?  Just try to piece it altogether b/c I'm not entirely sure what Axl's Twitter was about.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:01 AM »

I'm just speculating, but there seems to be problems with setting up a tour here in the states-I'm curious as to who is managing the band now-if Doc can't get it done, I'm not sure who can-he's been in the business for years.

libertad
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 09:40:54 AM »

r.e.: the U.S tour:

It would seem obvious to me that if G'N'R are going to do a tour in America this year, then it will more than likely be in arenas, not stadiums. Realistically in this financial time, your going to have less punters coming to see the band, so a run of stadiums is a big risk for a band that has had bad press recently. Tours in arenas tend to be in the winter because A. You don't want to be competing against the big stadium gigs and festivals tha need good weather, and B. Because it's indoors, you can play in inclement weather.

So I wouldn't discount the idea of Guns touring this year yet. But impatience seems to follow this band no matter what their song asks for.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 09:54:45 AM »

r.e.: the U.S tour:

It would seem obvious to me that if G'N'R are going to do a tour in America this year, then it will more than likely be in arenas, not stadiums. Realistically in this financial time, your going to have less punters coming to see the band, so a run of stadiums is a big risk for a band that has had bad press recently. Tours in arenas tend to be in the winter because A. You don't want to be competing against the big stadium gigs and festivals tha need good weather, and B. Because it's indoors, you can play in inclement weather.

So I wouldn't discount the idea of Guns touring this year yet. But impatience seems to follow this band no matter what their song asks for.

I think the stadium tour was something Irving Azroff had promised GNR a couple years ago with Van Halen-that's dead in the water-it was mentioned in Axl's lawsuit.

libertad
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 10:37:30 AM »

I think there is a fine line between wanting to listen to or read everything that leaks, and disrespecting the band. As a supporter of the band I obviously want to hear all the material the right way, the way GN'R wants it released. But I'm not going to lie and say that I won't be at least curious about anything that should potentialy come to light unofficially, and I don't see that as a bad thing.

Some people like to think they have the moral high ground because they say that's not a fan. But in reality it won't be normal for a fan to not be interested by anything to do with the band in which they love so much. And I would like to stress again, of course as a supporter of the band, I would prefer anything that should come to the surface to be released officially.

I think we need to stop critising fans just because they are addicted to GN'R and crave everything and anything that is available. There is a fine line between that and purposely going out and seeking to ruin everything with leaks, propaganda etc.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: