Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:31:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum On VR : 'Unfortunately I Don't Make All Of The Decisions...I Wish I Did'
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum On VR : 'Unfortunately I Don't Make All Of The Decisions...I Wish I Did'  (Read 3988 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: February 04, 2011, 06:09:38 PM »

From an interview with Matt Sorum from NAMM.  Regarding the Velvet Revolver singer search he says in part:

"Unfortunately I don't make all of the decisions...I wish I did.  The problem is I've got partners..we haven't come to a conclusive decision yet.  My expectations got a little high...I dig the guy...so I'll take myself off the list, the guy who's not deciding.  When you listen to Slash, he said we'll make a decision one way or another -- whatever that means." 

Interview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_o6itKmXC8

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 06:47:50 PM »

Seems to me that Matt is slightly annoyed that it's all up to Slash, as to who they choose. I like how people delude themselves into thinking that everyone in Velvet has an equal say, when in reality Slash seems to decide everything.

And as for Duff, I can't even imagine Duff wanting to do the Velvet thing all again. He has his own band Loaded and also has alot of business stuff going on. I think Duff is now the same kind of guy Izzy is, someone who just wants to make music but on a low key, no attachment criteria.

If Velvet does manage to start touring, I would give it 6 months at the most, then it will be over.  ok
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 07:14:21 PM »

MATT SORUM On VELVET REVOLVER Singer Search: 'Unfortunately, I Don't Make All The Decisions' - Feb. 4, 2011

Frankie DiVita, radio personality for 96.7 KCAL Rocks, conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California as part of the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. You can now watch the chat below.

STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor neither confirmed nor denied rumors that he could be the new VELVET REVOLVER vocalist in a January 28 interview with Billboard.com, merely laughing and saying, "To be continued!" when asked about it. Sorum and guitarist Slash have both said recently that the band has been working with a "known" singer to replace the long-departed Scott Weiland, although they have yet to officially announce a name. Meanwhile, rumors have circulated that Taylor could be their man, especially after Slash's wife tweeted a few weeks ago that her and her husband were having dinner with a "Mr. Corey."

When asked about the status of the VELVET REVOLVER singer search, Sorum told Frankie DiVita, "Unfortunately, I don't make all the decisions... I wish I did. The problem is I've got partners, and we haven't come to a conclusive decision yet . . . I think what happened was my expectations got a little high. I dig the guy ? that's all I can say ? so I'll take myself off the list of the guys not deciding . . . I have to wait for everybody to say, 'Let's do this.' And I can't be the guy to stick myself out there, which I did by saying, 'I thought we were gonna make a decision.' And when you listen to Slash, he said, 'We'll make a decision one way or another' ? whatever that means."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153396

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 07:18:51 PM »

You gotta be a hell of a drummer if youre the one making decisions. I think it would be strange if Slash didn't have final say. He is, in a sense the frontman in VR, especially now that Scott is no longer involved. In the end, he's gonna get most of the credit if the band does well, and the blame if it sucks. Comes with the territory of being the focal point of the band. I'm not sure what the attachment to the name of the band is, guess him and Ax have that in common, but clearly he feels he/they have unfinished business. If it does ever get up and running, I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being great, because after hearing his solo album, and catching him live a few times, he seems more inspired than he ever was with VR. The frontman has to pull his weight though, and good ones are hard to come by. I like Loaded, but think they're just a cool side project.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 03:22:13 PM »

Seems to me that Matt is slightly annoyed that it's all up to Slash, as to who they choose.

I think it's safe to say Matt seems frustrated and yeah, almost annoyed in this interview when talking about Velvet Revolver.

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »

From Slash:

02/04/2011

And on a more personal level, you?re still looking for a singer for Velvet Revolver?

Slash: Yeah. Right now I?m on the road so I?m focused on that at the moment. I?m out with Ozzy right now and then I?m going to Australia, Asia and South America until mid-April and then I?ll take a break and we?ll see what?s happening at that point.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/slash_state_line_empire_struck_us_having_real_rock_and_roll_energy.html

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 11:14:58 PM »

MATT SORUM On VELVET REVOLVER Singer Search: 'Unfortunately, I Don't Make All The Decisions' - Feb. 4, 2011

Frankie DiVita, radio personality for 96.7 KCAL Rocks, conducted an interview with VELVET REVOLVER/ex-GUNS N' ROSES drummer Matt Sorum at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California as part of the 2011 NAMM (National Association Of Music Merchants) show, a massive music-products convention that took place January 13-16. You can now watch the chat below.

STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor neither confirmed nor denied rumors that he could be the new VELVET REVOLVER vocalist in a January 28 interview with Billboard.com, merely laughing and saying, "To be continued!" when asked about it. Sorum and guitarist Slash have both said recently that the band has been working with a "known" singer to replace the long-departed Scott Weiland, although they have yet to officially announce a name. Meanwhile, rumors have circulated that Taylor could be their man, especially after Slash's wife tweeted a few weeks ago that her and her husband were having dinner with a "Mr. Corey."

When asked about the status of the VELVET REVOLVER singer search, Sorum told Frankie DiVita, "Unfortunately, I don't make all the decisions... I wish I did. The problem is I've got partners, and we haven't come to a conclusive decision yet . . . I think what happened was my expectations got a little high. I dig the guy ? that's all I can say ? so I'll take myself off the list of the guys not deciding . . . I have to wait for everybody to say, 'Let's do this.' And I can't be the guy to stick myself out there, which I did by saying, 'I thought we were gonna make a decision.' And when you listen to Slash, he said, 'We'll make a decision one way or another' ? whatever that means."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153396

turmoil.
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 05:00:00 AM »

I don't think he meant that Slash has the final say. I think he meant that Slash is the only one of them that hasn't made a decision yet. After all, he said, "I've got partners", not "I've got a boss".
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 08:21:32 AM »

From Slash:

02/04/2011

And on a more personal level, you?re still looking for a singer for Velvet Revolver?

Slash: Yeah. Right now I?m on the road so I?m focused on that at the moment. I?m out with Ozzy right now and then I?m going to Australia, Asia and South America until mid-April and then I?ll take a break and we?ll see what?s happening at that point.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/slash_state_line_empire_struck_us_having_real_rock_and_roll_energy.html

I don't know why they bothered puting all that into "going to make an announcement soon" stuff.
Slash obviously knew about his Australia/Asia and Ozzy tour commitments before all that, so they just should've let it lie until he was done with all that.

The more this goes on, the less and less it looks like anything will ever happen with VR.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2011, 10:03:53 AM »

Watch that interview at the part where he talks about Slash saying "We'll make an announcement one way or the other". Sounds like Matt isn't sure there will be a VR.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 12:13:31 PM »

I think they all need to agree (w/ perhaps the exception of Kushner?) that the guy they have is THE guy; I don't necessarily think it's that Slash is the one bossing around the rest of the guys.   

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »

I don't think he meant that Slash has the final say. I think he meant that Slash is the only one of them that hasn't made a decision yet. After all, he said, "I've got partners", not "I've got a boss".

I don't know if he means Slash has the final say, but he's the only one Matt has mentioned.  It does sounds like Matt is frustrated his say doesn't count -- I think that's why he said:

"so I'll take myself off the list of the guys not deciding"

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: