Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 01:28:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash To Make Surprise Super Bowl Halftime Appearance
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash To Make Surprise Super Bowl Halftime Appearance  (Read 25865 times)
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2011, 10:34:23 PM »

Axl is likely trending because it's his birthday, and because he posted on twitter recently.

As for the superbowl... yeah, not a great performance by the Black Eyed Peas. Slash was the "highlight" but that's not saying much (not his fault I thought the whole halftime show was lame).
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2011, 10:40:29 PM »

Black eyed peas are maybe the worst musical group to ever record

wasn't a fan of this. i understand the exposure but fergie sounded terrible and slash's guitar was too low in the mix.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2011, 10:41:00 PM »

They are getting some bad press: Undecided

Fergie and Slash rape a 'Sweet Child'

That had to be the worst halftime show ever. Not only did Will.I.Am from the Black Eyed Peas hog the autotune which Fergie desperately needed, but I saw Slash take part in the worst raping of a GNR song ever.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/21033/Fergie-and-Slash-rape-a-Sweet-Child

To each his own I suppose, I get more embarrassed everytime I hear the name Sebastian Bach mentioned in regards to Velvet Revolver.

Hey, there's no need to bring Sebastian into this. hihi

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2011, 11:02:57 PM »

what was worse, this or Ozzy in a commercial with Justin Bieber?

JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2011, 11:13:12 PM »

I really like Slash, but that halftime show was horrilble.  I think Wham would have been a upgrade.  Slash is better than that.  Yuck.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2011, 11:23:41 PM »

Axl is likely trending because it's his birthday, and because he posted on twitter recently.

As for the superbowl... yeah, not a great performance by the Black Eyed Peas. Slash was the "highlight" but that's not saying much (not his fault I thought the whole halftime show was lame).

nah, if u clicked on his name, every post was about halftime show.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #46 on: February 07, 2011, 12:22:39 AM »

Why couldn't Robin play instead of slash  Cool

thanks for that link FM. I missed the SCOM part live and thank god i did. that was just awful.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2011, 12:46:08 AM »

hmm, 1. Robin is not in Guns N Roses, 2. Robin had nothing to do with writing Sweet Child O Mine.  So why would he be there playing a Guns N Roses song that he didnt write?   Those are just 2 reasons off the top of my head.

Slash's part wasnt terrible guitar playing wise, but the halftime show was pretty shitty.  This is one of the guest appearances I wish he would have sat out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:54:30 AM by Bodhi » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 01:02:53 AM »

From Slash:

That was a blast! What an insane event. I wish I'd bet on the game! Iii|; )'

From Nikki Sixx:

Worse halftime ever. Jesus. Really?

From Perla:

@NikkiSixx whatever hater!!!!

And:

If u really love slash u would support his work wth fergie! she awesome outside,n also inside

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 01:29:45 AM »

Some reports:

Black Eyed Peas delivered, but Slash's performance wasted

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/super-bowl/the-scene/20110206-don_t-complain-black-eyed-peas-delivered-but-slash_s-performance-wasted-.ece

Sweet Child O' Mine: Fergie, Slash make us long for Axl Rose

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2011/02/sweet-child-o-mine-fergie-slash-make-us-long-for-axl-rose.html

Black Eyed Peas, Usher, Slash Light Up Super Bowl XLV Halftime Show

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1657356/black-eyed-peas-usher-slash-super-bowl.jhtml

Super Bowl Halftime with Black Eyed Peas: Worst. Show. Ever.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/super-bowl-halftime-with-black-eyed-peas-worst-show-ever

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2011, 01:31:58 AM »

thanks for that link FM. I missed the SCOM part live and thank god i did. that was just awful.

Cause nobody knows who the fuck he is. maybe?

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2011, 04:22:14 AM »

Slash was looking cool and playing pretty good there, he did his job! i've always like him playing song (parts) he wrote himself in GN'R!
he is not responsible for his guitar not being loud enough in the mix or Fergies voice being some out of tune. the crowd in there loved it!

for all the bashers please read and think about the post "LongGoneDay" did on page 2 here, it sums it up pretty much but in an objective way  ok

did you even notice the solo was from "Slither" not SCOM?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 04:27:45 AM by Limulus » Logged

Re-Union time, baby!!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2011, 05:00:05 AM »

haha easy guys i was only joking lol.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2011, 05:23:07 AM »

Slash was looking cool and playing pretty good there, he did his job! i've always like him playing song (parts) he wrote himself in GN'R!
he is not responsible for his guitar not being loud enough in the mix or Fergies voice being some out of tune. the crowd in there loved it!

for all the bashers please read and think about the post "LongGoneDay" did on page 2 here, it sums it up pretty much but in an objective way  ok

ahah wow i just noticed that
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2011, 06:42:42 AM »

wow, that was ugly.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Il?vatar
Headliner

« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2011, 07:48:30 AM »

Slash sounded pretty good, he always does though he's fuckin Slash, he can play like fuck!
But as a whole that was horrible, he looked a fool playing with those tone death jabbering clowns, Axl had it bang on the money when he said Slash was selling out his talent to be a whore for the limelight.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: February 07, 2011, 08:04:05 AM »

I don't think it was possible to look or sound good in that environment. LongGoneDay seems to forget that our legends can tarnish their images by putting themselves in embarrassing and desperate showpieces such as this one. Reviews of the entire half time performance have been deadly bad, some even critical of Slash for this choices.

No one questions Mr. Hudson's abilities, although that last solo album was a considerable misstep, but he has always made questionable choices for collaborations. Some good, some downright cringeworthy. Last night, on a huge stage, he made the later choice. This performance is right up there with Jaime Foxx/November Rain medley at the 2010 Grammys.

You can say a lot of things about Axl, but he would never have put himself in a situation like that.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2011, 08:14:50 AM »

when judging Slash on that performance alone he played well and sounded and looked good to me  peace

and his solo album was a "considerable misstep"? well, as you're taking others' reviews for your own judgement you could do that with some other albums aswell  Wink

Axl doesnt seem to like performing live on tv anymore. the last worldwide live broadcast was VMA2002.....and THAT was a mess!

Re-Union time, baby!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: February 07, 2011, 08:49:56 AM »

I've been outspoken how this isn't my favorite thing in the world when slash does stuff like this BUT, I'm not Slash. It is easy for me to sit here and say, oh stay at home, don't do that.  getting a chance to expose yourself to a billion people and maybe break into a new fanbase........ Its smart business. so in that regard, i can't really blame him for taking advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity.

Slash's solo album was a misstep? WTF? that album is amazing.

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #59 on: February 07, 2011, 08:57:39 AM »

Yeah, D. I thought aside from one track it was terrible.

I don't get the exposure angle. Why not play "Beautiful Dangerous" if the goal was to market something? Cranking out "Sweet Child" was just a high risk/low reward choice.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 09:10:30 AM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: