Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 22, 2024, 10:59:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Getting Axl on Oprah!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Getting Axl on Oprah!  (Read 11736 times)
Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2011, 12:35:45 AM »

The best would be " That Metal Show" with Eddie Trunk

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2011, 10:14:36 PM »

Wrong setting / Wrong audience

no
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #42 on: April 06, 2011, 11:30:58 AM »

That would work  peace

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 06, 2011, 11:50:27 AM »

That would work  peace

We know he's been asked to come on, so that's a start. Axl seemed to have a great time on his radio show, hopefully he accepts for their next season (anyone know when that is anyway, the fall?).

If there is a album release later this year, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2011, 11:34:57 AM »

That would work  peace

We know he's been asked to come on, so that's a start. Axl seemed to have a great time on his radio show, hopefully he accepts for their next season (anyone know when that is anyway, the fall?).

If there is a album release later this year, the timing couldn't have been more perfect.
Yeah that would be a perfect scenario for everyone. I wonder why Axl hasn't taken them up on that offer because if my memory is right they love Axl a lot.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2011, 01:29:30 PM »

Please no Metal Show. Worst show I've ever seen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2011, 02:11:41 PM »

I just submitted my request.

Getting Axl to do any kind of television interview is a challenge, but as one of the final guests of Oprah, he could really help with the current band's popularity. Would seem like a win/win for all involved.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
snead hearn
Rocker

LORD OF THE BARNYARD

« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2011, 02:48:43 PM »

The interviewer that would have been the one and only for Axl would have been Tom Snyder, on the Tomorrow show (late 70s/early 80s). Do yourself a favor-seek out the DVDs of the musical guests, AND especially seek out the jailhouse interview with Charles Manson on youtube. Too bad it would never happen now.

Given the style and nature of Axl and Guns N' Roses, such an interview must be hard-hitting, broad questioning, almost confrontational at times-much like a GNR album or concert. It also has to be live, on camera, not in print. Oprah you say? To what does her highness bring to the table in such respect of Axl? Soft questions, hand-wringing, weepy-sobbing. Let's all get warm and fuzzy and watch Axl sing "Kumbaya" for the finale.

MAYBE for a second choice would be Charlie Rose.

May 9, 1988 Felt Forum, NYC
December 5, 2002 Madison Square Garden, NYC
May 17, 2006 Hammerstein Ballroom, NYC
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2011, 03:43:59 PM »

Forget that Oprah nonsense... We should get Axl on the Mark Hoppus show "Hoppus on Music",  He has already had Ozzy, Alice Cooper, Duff, Slash, Phil Collins, Rob Zombie and bunch of other big music names, past and present on the show.  Foo Fighters are on next week.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: April 07, 2011, 03:51:05 PM »

I thought Oprah's show was bout over?

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:38 PM »

I think it's pretty great, and really what's the alternative these days?

It's a dying (or hurting at least) genre, and these guys are at least doing something to keep things going in the TV media. Really a relief to tune in to these guys among all the teen pop, reality r'n'b shit they're showing 99% of the time.

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »

Not to sound negative, as nice as it would be to have Axl guest on one of these shows, the reality of it is, that is just not what Axl does, I think it would be completely strange to see Axl Rose sitting in a chair next to Oprah Winfrey, the way I see it is Axl is happy sharing his life with us threw his music and the real treat is a tour in your area, don't think he wants to be asked the same old tired quetions that have no real relevance to GNR today.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2011, 11:06:20 AM »

yeah also, what audience are we aiming for by getting him on Oprah?  White middle age housewives? 
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2011, 11:26:44 AM »

I think it's pretty great, and really what's the alternative these days?

It's a dying (or hurting at least) genre, and these guys are at least doing something to keep things going in the TV media. Really a relief to tune in to these guys among all the teen pop, reality r'n'b shit they're showing 99% of the time.
You hit the nail on the head with that my friend although I never get the time it goes on I have seen a few episodes and its good.
yeah also, what audience are we aiming for by getting him on Oprah?  White middle age housewives? 
Hahahaha thats basically it.
The interviewer that would have been the one and only for Axl would have been Tom Snyder, on the Tomorrow show (late 70s/early 80s). Do yourself a favor-seek out the DVDs of the musical guests, AND especially seek out the jailhouse interview with Charles Manson on youtube. Too bad it would never happen now.

Given the style and nature of Axl and Guns N' Roses, such an interview must be hard-hitting, broad questioning, almost confrontational at times-much like a GNR album or concert. It also has to be live, on camera, not in print. Oprah you say? To what does her highness bring to the table in such respect of Axl? Soft questions, hand-wringing, weepy-sobbing. Let's all get warm and fuzzy and watch Axl sing "Kumbaya" for the finale.

MAYBE for a second choice would be Charlie Rose.

I believe I seen Tom Snyder in a interview once cant really remember who but he did a good job. If Axl did get on Oprah I am sure they would make him sing Sweet Child O' Mine.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2011, 12:19:36 PM »

Metal Show is cheesy and corny. Bunch of old fanboys sitting around like they are still teenagers

I like Axl in a lot of ways cause he doesn't do the norm. that helps make him unique and special so when he does talk, its a big deal and newsworthy. Same reasons i like Prince.

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »

Listen Bodhi, I am a white middle aged housewife of 45, just for the record, I do not watch Oprah Roll Eyes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2011, 03:00:06 PM »

I like Axl in a lot of ways cause he doesn't do the norm. that helps make him unique and special so when he does talk, its a big deal and newsworthy.

Yeah, and some complain about that. "He doesn't talk, whine whine whine". Others talk and talk and talk. Same things in interview after interview.

Many artists talk and do interviews because it's part of the game. They have that obligation.

It's unfortunate that some haven't learned anything from the past.

Axl has been selective regarding who he talks to, and when, for quite some time. It's nothing new.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2011, 03:10:23 PM »

Listen Bodhi, I am a white middle aged housewife of 45, just for the record, I do not watch Oprah Roll Eyes.

haha so youre the one who doesn't.  Nah i was just kidding around, but seriously I don't really feel like Oprah draws people  that are  Axl's audience.
overmatik
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2011, 03:36:23 PM »

I have never seen anyone disrespected on that Metal Show. Axl appearing there would be cool.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »

haha so youre the one who doesn't.  Nah i was just kidding around, but seriously I don't really feel like Oprah draws people  that are  Axl's audience.
It is totally fine, it was actually funny that I sort of fit the catagory you were describing, just figures hihi hihi

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: