Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:34:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Corey Taylor Addresses Velvet Revolver Rumors
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Corey Taylor Addresses Velvet Revolver Rumors  (Read 7596 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 28, 2011, 04:15:28 PM »

Stone Sour's Corey Taylor Addresses Velvet Revolver Rumors, Slipknot's Future

January 28, 2011

Corey Taylor is comfortably ensconced in Stone Sour for the time being, but let's check out some truth vs. fiction about a couple of other matters: is he the "known singer" who's working under wraps with Velvet Revolver?

"To be continued!" Taylor tells Billboard.com with a long, hearty laugh. Neither a confirmation nor a denial -- and he's not saying anything more than that, either.
As for the future of Slipknot in the wake of bassist Paul Gray's sudden death in May, Taylor is more forthcoming but hardly definite.

"I go back and forth," he acknowledges. Though the group has three Sonisphere Festival shows this summer in Europe and is tipped to play at this year's Rock in Rio festival, Taylor says that "there are moments when I'm like, 'Let's keep going for (Gray),' and there are moments when I'm like, 'It's not the same without him.' Right now my main concern is baby steps. We lost a huge piece of our band. We lost a huge member of our family -- in my opinion the biggest -- and it's a different vibe now. So right now I'm just taking it step by step, and I can only hope that the other guys in the band are as well."

While other Slipknot members have spoken about starting a new album, Taylor says he's not nearly in that headspace.

"There's a lot of things I've got to figure out about myself before I can even contemplate that," he explains. "There's a big part of me that wonders if I'm the guy for that band anymore. I'm in such a different place in my life...musically, spiritually. I'm not the angry kid anymore. A lot of things don't mean the same to me anymore, and there's a lot of things I don't feel like saying anymore. Does it make sense anymore? We'll jsut have to see."

http://www.billboard.com/news/stone-sour-s-corey-taylor-addresses-velvet-1005015472.story#/news/stone-sour-s-corey-taylor-addresses-velvet-1005015472.story

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »

Basically, it is him, otherwise he would just deny it, right?

libertad
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 05:14:24 PM »

Basically, it is him, otherwise he would just deny it, right?

It sure looks that way.  Especially when you consider the descriptions that have been given to the "mystery singer" and that tweet from Perla etc.

Perla Hudson

At dinner with @KraveKelly @Slash and mr corey! Good food good times, all good! Love my peeps! But slash n I are SO full!

12:13 AM Jan 8th via Twitter for BlackBerry?

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »

I would love to see him do it, but they would have the same problem they had with Scott-he would end up with offers for Slipnot/Stone Sour reunion tours.

libertad
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2011, 05:49:58 PM »

I would love to see him do it, but they would have the same problem they had with Scott-he would end up with offers for Slipnot/Stone Sour reunion tours.

i think VR is a side project for everyone involved, and it should be.  Slash and Duff have their own thing going on with the solo stuff and Loaded, Corey has his stuff with Slipknot and Stone Sour..They should put out a record every few years and do about 6 months of touring or so then go back to their other projects, then come back a little while after that.  VR doesnt have to be some full time thing.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 06:03:08 PM »

i think VR is a side project for everyone involved, and it should be.  Slash and Duff have their own thing going on with the solo stuff and Loaded, Corey has his stuff with Slipknot and Stone Sour..They should put out a record every few years and do about 6 months of touring or so then go back to their other projects, then come back a little while after that.  VR doesnt have to be some full time thing.

I agree, I think they could cut an album quick-I just don't want another 2 year singer search, that's all.

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2011, 09:05:42 PM »

i just think it will be generic without Scott.

hope they prove me wrong.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:04:09 AM »

maybe not generic, because this guy is amazing
but it wont be velvet revolver, the weiland vibe was a a big part of the band

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2011, 03:01:49 AM »

I've been reading a lot of comments/feedback here:

COREY TAYLOR Addresses VELVET REVOLVER Singer Rumors - Jan. 28, 2011

In a brand new interview that was posted earlier today at Billboard.com, SLIPKNOT/STONE SOUR frontman Corey Taylor would neither confirm not deny that is the known singer" who's working under wraps with VELVET REVOLVER. "To be continued!" Taylor told Billboard.com with a long, hearty laugh, before declining to say anything further.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=152993

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2011, 04:28:45 AM »

OK OK so i went and listened to some Stone Sour...........

WTF

so VR are going Emo?

I heard what Slash is wanting to do, and this guy isn't it. He is good in Stone Sour but i dont wanna hear his emoish shit in VR, and I hate Slipknot...........

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2011, 05:30:33 AM »

WTF

so VR are going Emo?

I heard what Slash is wanting to do, and this guy isn't it. He is good in Stone Sour but i dont wanna hear his emoish shit in VR, and I hate Slipknot...........

You think Stone Sour are emo? What the fuck? Undecided
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2011, 07:52:27 AM »

I don't think Stone Sour is emo, but I'm not sure f Corey is the charismatic rock n' roll frontman they're looking for either...

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2011, 09:11:57 AM »

Corey is very far from emo.
Listen to his work from any era of Slipknot, the guy can sing, scream, you name it. Hes got serious singing balls!!!!

html sucks
JAC185
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2011, 09:40:05 AM »

A guy who can sing AIC and GNR, from soft to heavy with such power, is good enough for me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy4nMFkX5-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72VFOazWGAk

Hell, the dude can nail Nirvana...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTGu33OejTA&feature=related

At this point Taylor is one of the few guys out there who would get me genuinely excited. And I am neither a Stone Sour nor a Slipknot fan. He is vocally incredible.

Agree with whoever said he may not be the charismatic frontman they are after though, he has never struck me as much of a showman, but then Slipknot were meant to be incredible live so maybe I am underestimating him.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:43:33 AM by JAC185 » Logged
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2011, 09:52:57 AM »

WTF

so VR are going Emo?

You think Stone Sour are emo? What the fuck? Undecided

wtf dude
is like when better leaked and people was saying it was an emo song
wtf

SLASH
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2011, 11:03:55 AM »

Ya Corey Taylor is an awesome singer..Always thought so, Was a somewhat fan of Slipknot (there hits) but I always felt he would sound better singing stuff with melody (like duality)..I hope this is true because I think he would be great..I seen a vid of him singing Aint Talkin bout Love with Camp Freddy and he sounded awesome..Anyways I wish them tons of success

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2011, 12:23:36 PM »

WTF

so VR are going Emo?

I've never really listened to Stone Sour, but I'm fairly sure they're not emo. Tongue I think he could front VR, judging him by his more melodic stuff with Slipknot that I know. Try this one ok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80P3wRY5h6g

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 01:13:56 PM »

or this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rY2mOXnti0

SLASH
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2011, 04:37:42 PM »

WTF

so VR are going Emo?

bro you think Stone Sour is emo?  You listen to some of the pussiest music on earth hihi!  Another thing, you have been criticizing the possible Corey Taylor choice for the past few weeks but never heard Stone Sour before?  Emo would never be a word I would use to describe them.
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2011, 07:21:01 PM »

I recently listened to Audio Secrecy. I liked some of the songs, but I thought a lot of the lyrics were really cheesy.   I guess their earlier albums are supposed to be heavier.  He is still the best singer for VR, right now, and is a very talented singer.   I did think some parts were generic though.   I was never big into Slipknot or Stone Sour, but I can still appreciate him as a singer. 
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: