Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 01:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2011 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 174949 times)
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #680 on: October 13, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »

^ I read that Globe article too, which was so pathetic, it's not even worth linking to.  I thought I had seen it all with the ridiculous scapegoating with the Mets' collapses in 07-08, but blaming fried chicken and outing marital strife takes the cake.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #681 on: October 13, 2011, 01:35:14 PM »

^ I read that Globe article too, which was so pathetic, it's not even worth linking to.  I thought I had seen it all with the ridiculous scapegoating with the Mets' collapses in 07-08, but blaming fried chicken and outing marital strife takes the cake.

Yeah, I was going to post a link to the story too, but like you said it was just ridiculous. The whole situation. The Red Sox just look like fools right now, and their September collapse looks tame compared to the smear campaign that has followed. None of the stuff would have been considered a big deal if they were winning. Nobody was complaining about this stuff in the summer when they were 30 games above .500. It's pathetic, plain and simple.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #682 on: October 13, 2011, 04:35:04 PM »

Yeah, I was going to post a link to the story too, but like you said it was just ridiculous. The whole situation. The Red Sox just look like fools right now, and their September collapse looks tame compared to the smear campaign that has followed. None of the stuff would have been considered a big deal if they were winning. Nobody was complaining about this stuff in the summer when they were 30 games above .500. It's pathetic, plain and simple.

Do you think this goes all the way to the top to Luccino and Henry? I would be ashamed of them if they are responsible for this. As i would if it were the Steinbrenner brothers doing something similar
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #683 on: October 13, 2011, 06:06:33 PM »

Article is retarded... so why would that only effect one month of an ENTIRE season?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #684 on: October 13, 2011, 10:21:03 PM »

Do you think this goes all the way to the top to Luccino and Henry? I would be ashamed of them if they are responsible for this. As i would if it were the Steinbrenner brothers doing something similar
The popuar opinion, and/or speculation is that the ownership leaked most of that information to the media for the purposes of that article. Notice how NO blame is put on the owners, and the "team source" goes so far to say that ownership disagreed with Theo on Crawford because he was a similar player to Ellsbury. Everyone was thrown under the bus in that article except for the owners, so it certainly makes you wonder. They've always started a Smear Campaign to defend letting guys go. In this instance it appears they're trying to use every excuse under the sun as to why the team collapsed. The team could use a complete overhaul, including the 3 men at the top.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #685 on: October 14, 2011, 12:29:20 AM »

The popuar opinion, and/or speculation is that the ownership leaked most of that information to the media for the purposes of that article. Notice how NO blame is put on the owners, and the "team source" goes so far to say that ownership disagreed with Theo on Crawford because he was a similar player to Ellsbury. Everyone was thrown under the bus in that article except for the owners, so it certainly makes you wonder. They've always started a Smear Campaign to defend letting guys go. In this instance it appears they're trying to use every excuse under the sun as to why the team collapsed. The team could use a complete overhaul, including the 3 men at the top.

Yeah Luccino and Henry have always seemed like a couple of assholes to me honestly.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #686 on: October 14, 2011, 09:33:30 PM »

Its absolutely amazing that the Cardinals are tied in this series despite not one damn starter making it out of the fifth inning!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #687 on: October 16, 2011, 02:14:40 AM »

My Rangers dominating

World Series Champs coming up!!

Who needs Cliff Lee's overrated overpaid Ass?

Not the Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #688 on: October 17, 2011, 12:10:08 AM »

My NLCS silence is broken - unfuckingbelievable.

The most unreal culmination to any of the Cards pennants I've ever seen.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #689 on: October 17, 2011, 12:13:25 AM »

My Rangers dominating

Sorry D, you're bandwagon jumping is not permitted. Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #690 on: October 17, 2011, 12:16:28 AM »

My NLCS silence is broken - unfuckingbelievable.

The most unreal culmination to any of the Cards pennants I've ever seen.

Its just incredible they won with their starters pitching so awful. How does a team win a series like this and not have ONE starter get out of the fifth inning. Based on that you would think that the Cards lost and lost badly. World Series should be awesome two very even bullpens and offenses.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #691 on: October 17, 2011, 12:35:06 AM »

How does a team win a series like this and not have ONE starter get out of the fifth inning.

Power arms in a deep pen and a pitching coach/skipper combo that knows hows to manage them.

This maybe TLR's finest hour, he pressed all the right buttons and the players executed when called upon.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #692 on: October 17, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »

How does a team win a series like this and not have ONE starter get out of the fifth inning.

Power arms in a deep pen and a pitching coach/skipper combo that knows hows to manage them.

This maybe TLR's finest hour, he pressed all the right buttons and the players executed when called upon.

Yeah gotta give that man credit. He did a helluva job managing in this series. Everything he did was right. I'm curious to see how the starters and bullpen will fair against the power hitters for Texas and how the Cards contact hitters do against Rangers power arms.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #693 on: October 17, 2011, 04:02:07 PM »

I really don't like the matchup as a Cards fan, they've historically had trouble with lefties (they just made Randy Wolf look like Warren Spahn for crissakes) and that bodes well for Texas.

On the bright side, the Cards don't strike out much and as we saw with the Brewers series - anything can happen when the ball is put in play.

My heads telling me the Rangers in 5...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #694 on: October 17, 2011, 04:51:53 PM »

If it comes down to the bullpens it highly favors the rangers with their power arms. The rangers starters are vulnerable though. Even their ace Wilson has an ERA of over 8 this postseason. The cards HAVE to get to the rangers starters.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #695 on: October 17, 2011, 06:41:36 PM »

If it comes down to the bullpens it highly favors the rangers with their power arms.

I think the bullpens are a wash with the distinct advantage lying with Texas and their lefty starters, no matter how bad they've been thus far...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #696 on: October 17, 2011, 07:36:35 PM »

My 25 years of Dallas Cowboy loyalty and 12 years of Mavs loyalty allows me to carry over to another Texas team!!

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #697 on: October 17, 2011, 08:29:22 PM »

My 25 years of Dallas Cowboy loyalty and 12 years of Mavs loyalty allows me to carry over to another Texas team!!

The Baseball God's will have none of that.

May the late, great Skip Carey strike you down where you stand for your blasphemous bandwagon behavior. Wink

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #698 on: October 17, 2011, 08:31:15 PM »

WELL
technically

since Texas fleeced my Braves for prospects in that Texeria trade.......... LOL

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #699 on: October 17, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »

WELL
technically

since Texas fleeced my Braves for prospects in that Texeria trade.......... LOL

Then why not root for the Cards based on the Adam Wainwright for JD Drew fleecing?

Gotcha!

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: