Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 09:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2011 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 185963 times)
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #600 on: October 04, 2011, 04:26:24 PM »

I hate to say it but season over for the yankees. I can't see Burnett pulling a quality start out of his ass tomorrow to get us back home.

Agree.

If he did, it would be a nice way to put a ribbon on his season.  But he won't.

If this past season offers any guide, his odds of a quality start are 31%.  Not that comforting, I guess, but going up against Rick Porcello, maybe he won't need to be that good. 

That's our only hope that we pound the hell out of Porcello.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #601 on: October 04, 2011, 04:27:21 PM »

I hate to say it but season over for the yankees. I can't see Burnett pulling a quality start out of his ass tomorrow to get us back home.

Agree.

If he did, it would be a nice way to put a ribbon on his season.  But he won't.

If he gives us enough and we pound Porcello i like our chances in game 5 with Nova.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #602 on: October 04, 2011, 05:09:52 PM »

i saw burnett steps up big time. something about this guy...he's tough to figure out. he's like a walking contradiction. and he has unbelievable stuff. so it's there, it's just a matter of him executing and he seems to do it when everyone is least expecting it.

phils blew a W the other day. huge game now. hamels needs to find that '08 playoff magic. i'm not feeling good about this matchup though. Garcia and that team just have so much confidence right now. let's go phils!

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #603 on: October 04, 2011, 05:33:30 PM »

I love it.

Rangers didn't overpay for Cliff Lee and are right back in the ALCS while Lee loses his 3rd straight postseason start

sometimes its the money u don't spend.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #604 on: October 04, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »

I love it.

Rangers didn't overpay for Cliff Lee and are right back in the ALCS while Lee loses his 3rd straight postseason start

I called it in the offseason. When it matters most in October Lee isn't all that spectacular especially in the world series. He's really had 4 consecutive not so great starts. Game 5 of the 09 WS he gave up 5 runs but still won cause we had Burnett going in that one.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 07:18:50 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #605 on: October 04, 2011, 08:39:28 PM »

A couple of nail biters sandman, these last 2 have been edge of the seat theatre.

Hamels and Garcia were "philthy", a hanger to Francisco and the Cards comeback falls a little short.

I hope things go well for pilf and Tim tonight, good luck fellas.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #606 on: October 04, 2011, 08:59:19 PM »

A couple of nail biters sandman, these last 2 have been edge of the seat theatre.

Hamels and Garcia were "philthy", a hanger to Francisco and the Cards comeback falls a little short.

After Burnett's first inning i'm not feeling very confident.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #607 on: October 04, 2011, 09:05:57 PM »

This has the potential of being a tough watch for Yankee fan for sure...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #608 on: October 04, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »

This has the potential of being a tough watch for Yankee fan for sure...

He did bounce back nicely in the 2nd though, hopefully he can build on it and we got him two early runs.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #609 on: October 04, 2011, 10:08:03 PM »

This home plate umpire in the Yanks/Tigers game sucks. I've never seen so many balls called strikes! They are going both ways but my god get it right man. AJ is being squeezed badly though.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 10:14:17 PM by Timothy25 » Logged
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #610 on: October 04, 2011, 11:05:18 PM »

Barring a miracle we are going back to New York and if you're a yankee fan you gotta love your chances with Nova on the mound. The kid is mature beyond his years and will not scare or get rattled.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #611 on: October 04, 2011, 11:51:00 PM »

Back to New York we go and if i'm Detroit i'm nervous. The yankee bats seem to be waking up A-Rod in particular and you gotta beat a guy that hasn't lost in months. Props to Burnett he came up big for us when we needed it giving us a solid 5 2/3 innings and Granderson making some spectacular catches.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #612 on: October 04, 2011, 11:55:22 PM »

Back to New York we go and if i'm Detroit i'm nervous. The yankee bats seem to be waking up A-Rod in particular and you gotta beat a guy that hasn't lost in months. Props to Burnett he came up big for us when we needed it giving us a solid 5 2/3 innings and Granderson making some spectacular catches.
I'd like the Yankees chances if I were you.  I actually thought Burnett would do alright tonight, and he did better than that.  I wouldn't get TOO excited about the Yankees bats though.  They did that against a not so imposing Rick Porcello.  Fister is a bit tougher, and so often you see a team score 10 runs one night, then 2 the next.  Not saying it's going to happen, but it just seems to happen a lot.  Yanks are tough to beat in their house, especially in the playoffs though.  Normally you wouldn't feel great about having a rookie take the mound in a deciding game, but Nova has done nothing but win of late, so I'd say he's an exception.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #613 on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:39 AM »

I'd like the Yankees chances if I were you.  I actually thought Burnett would do alright tonight, and he did better than that.  I wouldn't get TOO excited about the Yankees bats though.  They did that against a not so imposing Rick Porcello.  Fister is a bit tougher, and so often you see a team score 10 runs one night, then 2 the next.  Not saying it's going to happen, but it just seems to happen a lot.  Yanks are tough to beat in their house, especially in the playoffs though.  Normally you wouldn't feel great about having a rookie take the mound in a deciding game, but Nova has done nothing but win of late, so I'd say he's an exception.

True but we got to Fister in relief of game one so i see no reason we can't again. Burnett surprised me. I feel like i kinda owe the guy an apology. Absolutely, i keep waiting for this kid to get nervous or rattled but its just not happening and i don't expect it to. Also on the yankee offense we did get some big hits last night against Verlander. So you can say it was showing signs of coming to life last night.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 12:05:21 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
sandman
Legend

« Reply #614 on: October 05, 2011, 11:22:25 AM »

yeah, these last two games have been really exciting. garcia was on fire. hamels battled all night without his best stuff. utley's DP was huge. and obviously, any team that gets major production from a bench player hitting .243 is in pretty good shape. those clutch hits from role players carry teams through a series sometimes. (f'n cody ross!  hihi)

sandman
Legend

« Reply #615 on: October 05, 2011, 12:18:46 PM »

I love it.

I called it in the offseason. When it matters most in October Lee isn't all that spectacular especially in the world series. He's really had 4 consecutive not so great starts. Game 5 of the 09 WS he gave up 5 runs but still won cause we had Burnett going in that one.

i disagree with you guys. 2 of his last 4 WS starts were quality starts.

it sounds like you are saying he is not clutch when the pressure is on. i would argue that all the playoffs are extremely pressure filled, and his collective stats over the post-seasons of 2010 and 2009 are incredible.

not just sticking up for him cause he's with the phils either. he needs to pitch better than he did the other night. that was a disappointment for a player of his caliber, especially considering he was spotted a 4 run lead. but there are not too many pitchers i would rather have.

LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #616 on: October 05, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »

I love it.

it sounds like you are saying he is not clutch when the pressure is on. i would argue that all the playoffs are extremely pressure filled, and his collective stats over the post-seasons of 2010 and 2009 are incredible.

not just sticking up for him cause he's with the phils either. he needs to pitch better than he did the other night. that was a disappointment for a player of his caliber, especially considering he was spotted a 4 run lead. but there are not too many pitchers i would rather have.

I agree.
Lee has been one of the best pitchers in MLB the past couple years. Texas will miss him at some point. I'm sure he'd look awfully good pitching against NY or Detroit.
I'm hoping for Detroit for the simple fact that I want to watch the most exciting pitcher in baseball get another start. Tall task, but I can see game 5 going either way.

Nice of AJ to show up. About 3 years late, but better late than never. He owes Granderson a couple beers.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #617 on: October 05, 2011, 03:23:17 PM »

Hell he should thrown in dinner for Grande too! He saved his bacon twice last night.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #618 on: October 05, 2011, 03:26:15 PM »

I love it.

Quality? Possibly, i wouldn't consider giving up 5 runs a quality start even though he got the win. He had that great game 1 start against the yankees then game 5 gave up 5 runs. He was saved only by Burnett. Game one last year was a stinker and game 5 i'll give you that as quality but he still lost it for the Rangers.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #619 on: October 05, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »

yeah, these last two games have been really exciting. garcia was on fire. hamels battled all night without his best stuff. utley's DP was huge. and obviously, any team that gets major production from a bench player hitting .243 is in pretty good shape. those clutch hits from role players carry teams through a series sometimes. (f'n cody ross!  hihi)

All three games have been great less the couple of innings things went south on Lohse in Game 1, outstanding baseball.

Got to hand it to Hamels, the guy battled like a mofo.  The Cards had plenty of opportunity but just couldn't get the timely hit. 

I'd love to see it get extended to a Carp/Doc matchup in Game 5, that would be absolutely classic although my head tells me the Phils rap it up tonight.

No doubt the atmosphere at Busch will be electric.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: