Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 12:43:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228144 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2011 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2011 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 174765 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #700 on: October 17, 2011, 09:10:48 PM »

DAMN

LOL

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #701 on: October 18, 2011, 04:47:42 PM »

If it comes down to the bullpens it highly favors the rangers with their power arms.

I think the bullpens are a wash with the distinct advantage lying with Texas and their lefty starters, no matter how bad they've been thus far...

You think the Cards bullpen matches up that well against all those power arms in the Rangers pen?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #702 on: October 18, 2011, 05:11:03 PM »

You think the Cards bullpen matches up that well against all those power arms in the Rangers pen?

No question.

Salas, Dotel, Lynn, Rzepczynski and Motte all throw hard and have filthy breaking stuff.

The only bullpen spot the Rangers have an advantage in (IMO) is Ogando and being able to stretch him out, the Cards do not have that - nothing close unless they move Edwin Jackson to the pen.

My biggest fear in their bullpen is actually Darren Oliver, the "crafty" lefties kill the Cards. 
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 05:27:08 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #703 on: October 18, 2011, 05:31:58 PM »

No question.

Salas, Dotel, Lynn, Rzepczynski and Motte all throw hard and have filthy breaking stuff.

The only bullpen spot the Rangers have an advantage in (IMO) is Ogando and being able to stretch him out, the Cards do not have that - nothing close unless they move Edwin Jackson to the pen.

My biggest fear in their bullpen is actually Darren Oliver, the "crafty" lefties kill the Cards. 

Yeah, Ogando is nasty. Feliz should worry you too. He not only throws hard but has nasty off speed stuff too. Oliver has been very very good this year. I can see why you would worry about him.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #704 on: October 18, 2011, 05:39:37 PM »

Yeah, Ogando is nasty. Feliz should worry you too. He not only throws hard but has nasty off speed stuff too. Oliver has been very very good this year. I can see why you would worry about him.

As A Cards fan they all worry me - they're very good.

For the record, I still think the Rangers get it done in 5 unfortunately...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #705 on: October 18, 2011, 06:17:29 PM »

As A Cards fan they all worry me - they're very good.

For the record, I still think the Rangers get it done in 5 unfortunately...

Yeah, i don't think they've surrendered a run this post season so far. That has to be concerning. I believe the Cards best shot relies on them being able to get to the rangers starters. They are the weakest link.

I think and hope the rangers will win it too. Nothing personal, i just think it would be great to see a first time champion. There's just a few teams that have never won and its always nice when a team finally wins one. That's why i was hoping for the Brewers that way we had a new champ no matter what.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #706 on: October 18, 2011, 06:34:29 PM »

That's why i was hoping for the Brewers that way we had a new champ no matter what.

Uh oh Tim, rooting for any team that Nyjer Morgan is a part of is where I gotta draw the line. Wink

All kidding aside, I would have broke my strict NL ranks if the Brewers had won solely on his participation and rooted for the Rangers.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #707 on: October 18, 2011, 07:07:40 PM »

That's why i was hoping for the Brewers that way we had a new champ no matter what.

Uh oh Tim, rooting for any team that Nyjer Morgan is a part of is where I gotta draw the line. Wink

All kidding aside, I would have broke my strict NL ranks if the Brewers had won solely on his participation and rooted for the Rangers.

Ok, i have to ask. What's your issue with Morgan?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #708 on: October 18, 2011, 07:35:04 PM »

He's unprofessional, he's disrespectful, he's a fringe player that puts his teammates in positions to take the punishment for his childish antics.

Have you not caught his "act" over the past 2 years?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #709 on: October 18, 2011, 07:37:33 PM »

He's unprofessional, he's disrespectful, he's a fringe player that puts his teammates in positions to take the punishment for his childish antics.

I guess not, i don't pay attention to the NL very much. I figured if you had a problem with anyone on the Brewers it would've been Fielder.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #710 on: October 18, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »

I guess not, i don't pay attention to the NL very much. I figured if you had a problem with anyone on the Brewers it would've been Fielder.

Just google/youtube "Nyjer Morgan incidents" and you'll see what I mean.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #711 on: October 18, 2011, 07:46:04 PM »

He is all those things, but I never held it against him much because it never seemed that he was acting maliciously.  Maybe I'd see it differently if I were Cards fan.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #712 on: October 18, 2011, 08:13:53 PM »

He is all those things, but I never held it against him much because it never seemed that he was acting maliciously.  Maybe I'd see it differently if I were Cards fan.

Check this out and click the links within the article, smart money says you may change "never seemed that he was acting maliciously" opinion.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/01/nyjer-morgan-got-into-another-incident-with-a-fan-last-night/

And to think, this only documents his idiocy through September of 2010.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #713 on: October 19, 2011, 01:08:54 AM »

So, it appears the red sox story is getting more and more ludicrous. Now there are reports that the pitchers were drinking IN the dugout.
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #714 on: October 19, 2011, 10:04:58 AM »

Check this out and click the links within the article, smart money says you may change "never seemed that he was acting maliciously" opinion.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/01/nyjer-morgan-got-into-another-incident-with-a-fan-last-night/

And to think, this only documents his idiocy through September of 2010.

Ugly stuff indeed, but for other players, it seems to be a badge of honor to be rough on the base paths and plate collisions.  That's what got Pete Rose in the Hall of Fame... wait, that's not right...

As for the fan obscenities, I would imagine that happens to many other players as well, looks like he had the misfortune of getting caught.

Not a fan of the guy, just trying to keep an even keel because guys like that end up on any of our teams from time to time... and if they're good (he's not generally, but he did have a good year), you put up with it.

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #715 on: October 19, 2011, 11:40:46 AM »

I pick the Cards in 6.

And Pujols has a disgusting line..something .400 BA/.550 OB% with a .967 SLG%.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #716 on: October 19, 2011, 12:14:41 PM »

Would have loved to see Verlander vs Pujols.

Albert should tee off on Texas weak starting pitching, if they give him the chance.

Texas can rake. Let's see how St Louis pitches Cruz. If they have any sense, he won't see much on the inside half of the plate.
He's a dead pull hitter, and doesn't matter much how hard you throw, he'll beat you if you make a mistake.
I don't see him making nearly as much noise if you make him beat you away, though. Detroit unfortunately never seemed to figure that out.

Not sure I care who wins this one. I wanted to see round 2 of the 2006 WS.
Detroit gift wrapped that one for the Cards.

tim_m
Legend

« Reply #717 on: October 19, 2011, 11:17:32 PM »

Good game tonight by the Cards. Carp was good and the bullpen was better. Rangers pickup where they left off losing. When that one ball hit off Cruz's foot that could've rolled to the wall and been a inside the parker. What was Hamilton thinking? He was in lala land in center field and never moved. You gotta backup that play just in case.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #718 on: October 20, 2011, 12:05:17 AM »

This is why I rarely watch MLB anymore

A stupid exhibition all star game gives STL Home field advantage when they made the playoffs as a wildcard the LAST day.

they really need to get rid of that stipulation. Its preposterous

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #719 on: October 20, 2011, 11:15:09 AM »

This is why I rarely watch MLB anymore

A stupid exhibition all star game gives STL Home field advantage when they made the playoffs as a wildcard the LAST day.

they really need to get rid of that stipulation. Its preposterous

I agree, but before that they used to just rotate from year to year on whether AL or NL hosted. That isn't any better.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 48 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: