Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:28:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'  (Read 43687 times)
overmatik
« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2011, 07:05:53 AM »

I know that it is not going to happen, but I honestly can't see any other guy that would make VR what it should be other than Seb. I honestly just can't... Undecided

really?  I think he would be an awful choice, part of the reason why Scott Weiland sarcastically suggested him as a replacement after he left.  Corey Taylor would be my top choice of people who are available, so I hope that works out.  I like Skid Row/Sebastian Bach, ive seen Bach over 10 times on his own ,nevermind when he was opening for GNR, I also saw him on broadway and went to several album signings of his.  I think he is amazing, just a bad fit for VR.  He has a very dated style of singing, it will sound like an 80's band, especially with Slash on guitar as well.

Well, you see, to me this wouldn't be a  bad thing at all. I wish more bands would sound like the 80s, I love the 80s hihi Better to stick to your own guns than trying to sound different and losing your identity. I liked VR but they had no identity...
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #101 on: February 08, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »

So Ash Hudson ( Slash's Brother ) posted this up on FB today if it means anything to anyone.

"
      Ash Hudson
      Corey Taylor of Slipknot is replacing Scott Weiland as The new Singer of Slash's band Velvet Revolver. F'n Dope!!!"

With a video of a Slipknot song at the end of the post ; also made a comment on it "that's word around the camp ; its going down! "
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #102 on: February 08, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »

I would love to see at least 1 album and tour with him-I'm still skeptical it will happen, but would love to see it.

libertad
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #103 on: February 08, 2011, 08:02:32 PM »

its going down! "

I wish someone would ask him when. Smiley
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »

So Ash Hudson ( Slash's Brother ) posted this up on FB today if it means anything to anyone.

"
      Ash Hudson
      Corey Taylor of Slipknot is replacing Scott Weiland as The new Singer of Slash's band Velvet Revolver. F'n Dope!!!"

With a video of a Slipknot song at the end of the post ; also made a comment on it "that's word around the camp ; its going down! "

Are you sure it's actually his brother? There are a number of fake FB accounts for various people related to GNR. Some people have no lives.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2011, 09:00:33 PM »

"
      Ash Hudson

Are you sure it's actually his brother? There are a number of fake FB accounts for various people related to GNR. Some people have no lives.

It is Ash's account.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #106 on: February 08, 2011, 09:22:55 PM »

I'm about 99% sure it is actually his account, he uses it to promote his work in Conart.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #107 on: February 08, 2011, 11:21:56 PM »

Well, this is good news!
mikvilja
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2011, 05:08:44 AM »

Here's a drawback:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153615

Slipknot guitarist says the band if ready to come back...  Roll Eyes
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2011, 07:09:38 AM »

VR ain't gonna be starting any time soon, which leaves Corey free to do stuff with Slipknot, until VR are ready again.

Slash said he won't be looking at VR again until April/May after his own tour is done.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
overmatik
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2011, 07:10:46 AM »

Wow, it would be funny if Slash's brother were the one to really break the news! Hell, I know Matt wouldn't like it at all. rofl
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2011, 08:46:01 AM »

Here's a drawback:
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153615

I do not follow Slipknot so I might be wrong about this. But I thought I read something a few months ago quoting Corey as saying he would do a tour this summer but that he was not recording any new music with Slipknot.

This information must not be confidential any longer. Ash has had alot of practice on keeping things quite.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2011, 09:41:33 AM »

Here's a drawback:

I do not follow Slipknot so I might be wrong about this. But I thought I read something a few months ago quoting Corey as saying he would do a tour this summer but that he was not recording any new music with Slipknot.

I don't really follow Slipknot either, but from some of the comments at BM, Joey seems to be the one talking about a come back.

And you're right, Corey recently said this to Billboard:

While other Slipknot members have spoken about starting a new album, Taylor says he's not nearly in that headspace.

"There's a lot of things I've got to figure out about myself before I can even contemplate that," he explains. "There's a big part of me that wonders if I'm the guy for that band anymore. I'm in such a different place in my life...musically, spiritually. I'm not the angry kid anymore. A lot of things don't mean the same to me anymore, and there's a lot of things I don't feel like saying anymore. Does it make sense anymore? We'll just have to see."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2011, 03:40:58 PM »

From a chat with Duff at ESPN.com:

Q. Besides singing voice, what is the most important attribute for a lead singer of a rock band to have?

A. Any good artist has to have had some kind of rub in their life, something real. Something you have to get out lyrically or you are going to kill yourself or somebody else. Those are the lyrics that inspire. The ability to tap the dark stuff and have it be real. Great lead singers have the ability to tap that. No inhibitions helps as well. Axl and Scott are two of the best front men ever. Corey Taylor is one of those guys as well. He can tap it. He has to get those lyrics on the paper or his world is going to crash down around him.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »

From ESPN:

Jason (NYC)

I saw you mentioned Corey Taylor. He has been rumored to be the new singer in Velvet Revolver. Is this true?

Duff McKagan  (3:34 PM)

I can neither confirm nor deny.

rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2011, 04:40:02 PM »

Fergie......
I would kill myself  crying

Joe

anybody else now hope it is Fergie? rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl Grin Cheesy Cheesy yes

I'd rather it be Fergie than the dude from Slipknot. "Beautiful Dangerous" is one of my favorite tracks on Slash's CD.
same here and also i think that black eyed peas just had a new record so that would be the bad timing lol still better than corey

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2011, 06:35:46 PM »

From ESPN:

Jason (NYC)

I saw you mentioned Corey Taylor. He has been rumored to be the new singer in Velvet Revolver. Is this true?

Since when does Duff talk like this?  It just has to be Corey. yes

Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2011, 10:15:39 PM »

Matt is just pissed they won't announce it!
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2011, 01:01:42 AM »

"
      Ash Hudson

That's fuckin' great!  No one else will or can comment and Slash's brother posts it on his FB!   hihi
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2011, 05:22:04 PM »

From ESPN:

Jason (NYC)

He also added:

Duff McKagan  (3:35 PM)

He is a bad dude though. I like him as a human being and a singer. He's the voice of a whole new generation.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: