Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:26:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'  (Read 43597 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2011, 02:40:18 AM »

Yeah, that album is good. It shows that it maybe is a good thing Scott went back to STP  peace

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2011, 05:16:54 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzS590AkE6c&ob=av2em

STP's last single sounded too much like a VR song ; the guitarist is almost trying to sound like Slash on the solo section it bothered me. I really dug old STP stuff too...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2011, 06:18:35 PM »

STP's last single sounded too much like a VR song ; the guitarist is almost trying to sound like Slash on the solo section it bothered me. I really dug old STP stuff too...

I thought the same thing about Deleo's solos on this song... Like, "guys, I can play lead guitar too",  cause that is a straight up Joe Perry / Slash style solo.  He is a good player, but no Slash.
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »

I thought the same thing about Deleo's solos on this song... Like, "guys, I can play lead guitar too",  cause that is a straight up Joe Perry / Slash style solo.  He is a good player, but no Slash.

Yeah the some of the techniques are just textbook "Slash" style stuff. It's like he watched a "How To Sound Like Slash" DVD. Both guys have a distinctive sound, I just wish he would've stuck to what he does best and not try to push the "solo"as he did. It was a giant sign that said "Our singer used to play with Slash", I don't want that I just want kick ass STP!
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2011, 11:08:36 AM »

WTF only a GnR board would raise such absurd conspiracy theories.. Have you even listened to STP other than plush? Deleo has always been a joe perry worshipper/imitator.. Nothing to do with slash.. Watch/ read interviews. It's nothing new an has come up in various past STP songs... He Plays solos on Every single album, on numerous tracks.

Back on topic; where is the "this week" update. I really wish reporters would haggle more or they wuld just tell us who they're auditioning.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2011, 03:19:12 PM »

From Slash -- I assume he means "back" burner:

Pollstar recently spoke with Slash, catching up with him in Los Angeles one day before he left for Omaha and the Ozzy Osbourne tour.

Pollstar: Shifting gears, how?s the search for a new Velvet Revolver singer going?

Slash: It was going great. It?s hard to say. It?s going one way or another until you make a decision and it?s done.

Pollstar: There were reports that you and the band had narrowed it down but you weren?t ready to announce anything.

Slash: There?s definitely somebody who?s [a candidate.] I?m about to take off on the road, so it?s on the burner at the moment.

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2011/01/21/753808.aspx

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 03:32:13 PM »

This is almost becoming absurd.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 08:57:13 PM »

Absurd happened a while ago now it's just not worth looking at.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 10:21:23 PM »

I think although I do agree with slash and the boys that they really need ''that'' guy..

I had hoped they would've anounced the dude already last week since Slash told so.... but since they are aiming to anounce it between now and 15 f*cking years.... I'll just listen to chinese democracy instead!
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2011, 03:28:36 AM »

WTF only a GnR board would raise such absurd conspiracy theories.. Have you even listened to STP other than plush? Deleo has always been a joe perry worshipper/imitator.. Nothing to do with slash.. Watch/ read interviews. It's nothing new an has come up in various past STP songs... He Plays solos on Every single album, on numerous tracks.

Back on topic; where is the "this week" update. I really wish reporters would haggle more or they wuld just tell us who they're auditioning.

I've listened to every STP album. I was into STP before I even knew who Guns where. It's not a "conspiracy" theory, It is merely an observation.
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #90 on: January 23, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »

I've listened to every STP album. I was into STP before I even knew who Guns where. It's not a "conspiracy" theory, It is merely an observation.

Speaking as a fan of both bands since the early 90's, I would say that it's obvious that both Slash and Deleo have been heavily influenced by Joe Perry.  Shouldn't be all that surprising when you hear similarities, on occasion, between the two. 

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2011, 02:34:55 PM »

Yeah, it is a bit.  Instead of them having trouble finding the right "guy", they seem to be having trouble agreeing on the right guy. 

Matt has said now he's found I think two singers he liked, but not everyone agreed.  Duff said he thought one guy was right, but not everyone agreed.  And it looks like Slash would choose Myles -- but he doesn't want it.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #92 on: January 23, 2011, 07:03:28 PM »

Not sure why anyone is waiting with any sort of baited breath or sense of urgency on this. Matt, Duff and Slash all have commitments well into 2011 and are enjoying what they're doing outside of the VR banner.

Each guy obviously has different ideas on where they're at in the process
and it's clearly not a front burner thing for any involved.

I mean c'mon, why in the world would Slash be in any hurry to get back in a "group decision" environment at this point in the cycle of his solo run?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »

Not sure why anyone is waiting with any sort of baited breath or sense of urgency on this.

Maybe it's because in the last month Matt Sorum has said:

MATT SORUM Says VELVET REVOLVER Is 'Real Close' To Finding New Singer'
VELVET REVOLVER Zeroing In On 'Younger And Stronger' New Singer'
MATT SORUM On VELVET REVOLVER: 'We've Still Got Something To Prove'
Matt Sorum: 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'
VELVET REVOLVER Working On 'Nine Killer Demo Tracks' With 'Amazing Singer'

And Slash:

SLASH Says VELVET REVOLVER Has 'Moved Leaps And Bounds' In Singer Search'
SLASH On VELVET REVOLVER: 'Things Have Been Moving In A Very Positive Direction'
SLASH On VELVET REVOLVER Singer - "We Should Be Making An Announcement One Way Or Another Next Month"

Wink

I think the other question is...why are they continuing to hype this singer thing when it's obvious they haven't made a decision.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #94 on: January 23, 2011, 10:53:59 PM »

I think the other question is...why are they continuing to hype this singer thing when it's obvious they haven't made a decision.

Beyond the occassional tweet update most of the hype so to speak is usually generated from an answer to an interview question latching onto some allegedly newsworthy quote.

I suppose it's all good for biz, it keeps the name out there.

That said, until something either way is officially announced - it's all rhetoric and shouldn't be taken too seriously..

Just an opinion..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »

Beyond the occassional tweet update most of the hype so to speak is usually generated from an answer to an interview question latching onto some allegedly newsworthy quote.

Those quotes are from interviews Matt Sorum has given in the last month to AOL's Noisecreep, The Pulse Of Radio, VH1 Radio Network and Vintage Rock.  Slash with Soundspike, Artist Direct and Music Radar.

I think they're hyping this thing -- they know what quotes will be picked up.

I suppose it's all good for biz, it keeps the name out there.

I think that may be the answer right there.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #96 on: January 24, 2011, 09:28:46 AM »

Those quotes are from interviews Matt Sorum has given in the last month to AOL's Noisecreep, The Pulse Of Radio, VH1 Radio Network and Vintage Rock.  Slash with Soundspike, Artist Direct and Music Radar.

I think they're hyping this thing -- they know what quotes will be picked up.

It's semantics, if answering questions posed to them in interviews is considered "hype" - fair enough.

I think that may be the answer right there.

Probably so, it doeen't make much sense to full on deflect when asked, they obviously aren't on the same page.

Hell - even Matt jokingly mentioned something about them "being 65" before finally moving forward, maybe someone can dig up that quote..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #97 on: January 24, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

It's semantics, if answering questions posed to them in interviews is considered "hype" - fair enough.

I'd agree if Matt was asked about Velvet Revolver when being interviewed about Global Sound Lodge or the Darling Stilettos etc.  But most of these interviews were about Velvet Revolver.

Hell - even Matt jokingly mentioned something about them "being 65" before finally moving forward, maybe someone can dig up that quote..

Yeah, they don't seem to be on the same page.  Here's the quote from Matt:

When asked about the current status of VELVET REVOLVER, Sorum said, "VELVET REVOLVER is always going on...but it's not going on. [laughs]"

He added, "We're just gonna keep saying we might have a [new] singer.... If we keep sayin' it, we're thinking we'll be, like, 65 years old by the time [the next VELVET REVOLVER album] comes out."

He continued, "Yeah, we're working on [finding a replacement for vocalist Scott Weiland]. I liked the guy we tried out last week, and I went and opened my mouth. And I said something like, 'yeah, we're gonna make a decision.' I really liked him, but that was me going, I like him. But there's another guy that's got to make a decision ? it's a group consensus, we're partners. So we can't say yet. But in the meantime, I'm real busy."

overmatik
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2011, 02:49:55 PM »

I know that it is not going to happen, but I honestly can't see any other guy that would make VR what it should be other than Seb. I honestly just can't... Undecided
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2011, 03:42:16 PM »

I know that it is not going to happen, but I honestly can't see any other guy that would make VR what it should be other than Seb. I honestly just can't... Undecided

really?  I think he would be an awful choice, part of the reason why Scott Weiland sarcastically suggested him as a replacement after he left.  Corey Taylor would be my top choice of people who are available, so I hope that works out.  I like Skid Row/Sebastian Bach, ive seen Bach over 10 times on his own ,nevermind when he was opening for GNR, I also saw him on broadway and went to several album signings of his.  I think he is amazing, just a bad fit for VR.  He has a very dated style of singing, it will sound like an 80's band, especially with Slash on guitar as well.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: