Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 09:32:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sorum VR Singer 'He's A Guy We've Had Our Eye On, But The Timing Wasn't Right'  (Read 43710 times)
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2011, 03:37:42 AM »

I think they gonna go 100% for VR when they first start rehears again. and if the new singer is Corey taylor, great! he's got an amazing voice.

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011, 06:13:02 AM »

So plans have changed at the last minute..
that's a bummer!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011, 03:32:07 PM »

So is Matt saying that they are still in conflict with each other as to who to choose?. I really do think that alot of the VR members deject the fact that it's all up to Slash, and that he seems to be calling all the shots.

I'm tired of the VR thing too, and just wish they would call it a day on that project.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 04:07:36 PM »

So is Matt saying that they are still in conflict with each other as to who to choose?. I really do think that alot of the VR members deject the fact that it's all up to Slash, and that he seems to be calling all the shots.

I'm tired of the VR thing too, and just wish they would call it a day on that project.

It does not seem to be just Slash. Matt clearly says it is a group thing. For all we know the singer might have some concerns that held things up. From what has been published in the past Slash fits into the band or group dynamic with no problems.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 06:05:45 PM »

I am not surprised, Matt has been doing all the talking and no one else has. Slash only saying things are progressing and Duff saying nothing.

Slash was the first to comment on the singer, making statements like this...

Slash "Velvet Revolver Should Be Making An Announcement Next Month"

SLASH Says VELVET REVOLVER Has 'Moved Leaps And Bounds' In Singer Search

SLASH On VELVET REVOLVER: 'Things Have Been Moving In A Very Positive Direction'

But yeah, Duff hasn't said anything.

It does not seem to be just Slash. Matt clearly says it is a group thing.

Actually Matt says "there's another guy that's got to make a decision" it's not until the interviewer then says "there are four guys in the band" that he says "it's a group consensus, we're partners."

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 06:10:38 PM »

I stand corrected so shoot me! Smiley
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »

I think its up to Kushner, personally
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2011, 07:13:44 PM »

I stand corrected so shoot me! Smiley

Sorry, just trying to be accurate. Smiley  It appears to me anyway, that Slash may have the final say.  I think this is the second time Matt has said he thought they had found their guy, but then later said not everyone agreed.  And last year Duff went public saying he thought they had found their singer, someone he liked anyway, only to say not everyone felt the same way, and the search continued.

Slash said they would make an announcement "either way" this month, hopefully they do.

I think its up to Kushner, personally

Yeah, Dave is holding everything up. hihi

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2011, 07:23:42 PM »

There is nothing to be sorry for Funky. Smiley

« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:35:36 PM by sleeper » Logged
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »

My new guess: Chris Daughtry.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2011, 11:56:46 AM »

We should all be hoping it is Corey Taylor, he is by far the best choice that isn't named Axl Rose.  It will be great for VR to get heavier, Slash sounded great on some of the heavier songs on his solo album, and Corey Taylor will bring a whole new dimension to VR's sound.  It was a cool experiment with Scott, but that last record was fucking garbage.  You need to be wearing a tampon to enjoy Libertad, and the last  STP record for that matter.  I like Scott and STP a lot so im not hating on either of them, its just the product they have been putting out lately is shit.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2011, 02:58:59 PM »

From Slash in an interview published today: Undecided

How's it coming along with the new Velvet Revolver singer?

Slash: Well, there's been a lot of talk about that, and a decision hasn't totally been made yet. I don't want to say it's a state of limbo, but it's just sort of hovering there right now.

http://www.soundspike.com/features/tour/1415-slash_tour_q_a_slash.html

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2011, 03:11:01 PM »

Casting In FACEBOOK Is Good Plan

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #73 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:54 AM »

We should all be hoping it is Corey Taylor, he is by far the best choice that isn't named Axl Rose.  It will be great for VR to get heavier, Slash sounded great on some of the heavier songs on his solo album, and Corey Taylor will bring a whole new dimension to VR's sound.  It was a cool experiment with Scott, but that last record was fucking garbage.  You need to be wearing a tampon to enjoy Libertad, and the last  STP record for that matter.  I like Scott and STP a lot so im not hating on either of them, its just the product they have been putting out lately is shit.

Guess i got a tampon cause that last STP album is fuckin awesome.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #74 on: January 20, 2011, 01:45:00 AM »

Guess i got a tampon cause that last STP album is fuckin awesome.

thats the overstatement of the year.."fucking awesome"?  really?  it was OK. sounded like weak generic radio rock, guitar lacked balls, just like Libertad.   If Im going to hear Slash play on a record, I want to hear the guitars, I dont want it to sound like a 90's alt rock mess, a technique that was used to cover up 90's players shitty guitar playing.  The STP album didnt suck, but I can name 10 hard rock albums that came out in 2010 that were better, with Stone Sour's record being one of them.
LongGoneDay
VIP

« Reply #75 on: January 20, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »

I agree if you bought Libertad solely to hear Slash's axe work, it's a disappointment, but overall, I thought it was a decent record. The ELO cover is great.
The new STP album is better than the previous 2, but that's not saying much in my opinion. The songs worked live, but when listening to the album, I can't help but feel I've heard every song before. Between the Lines is a good Nirvana impersonation, Huckleberry a decent Aerosmith etc. I think I puked for the first time in 15 years when I heard Cinnamon. Neither are very heavy in my rotation. Unfortunately a record is only going to be as strong as it's frontman, and although I don't think there is anyone better than Scott live these days, he kind of seems tapped creatively. I thought Slash and co pried more out of him than the STPs guys were able to since Tiny Music, but haven't been impressed with his lyrics in years.

I can't say I'm a Slipknot fan, but I'd be interested to hear what Corey could do with VR. I'd rather hear Cornell if this Soundgarden reunion isn't happening though. Not many great songwriters out there these days, but he's one of em.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #76 on: January 20, 2011, 09:38:13 AM »

Or they've got the guy, or they should disband.

it's been long enough and it seems that guy they had didn't work out or we'd had a new velvet revolver by last weekend.
Now it seems they still got someone or not who knows..

Call it. or quite it

cause all of em got their side projects tours whatever... VR is becoming a third wheel to them even if they still have something to prove!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #77 on: January 20, 2011, 09:39:33 PM »

Shit, Fast As I can, Hazy Daze, First Kiss on Mars, hickory Dichotomy, Huckleberry Crumble, Maver, Between the lines

those songs kick ass.

Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2011, 12:58:14 AM »

My new guess: Chris Daughtry.

He would be great in VR.

Shit, Fast As I can, Hazy Daze, First Kiss on Mars, hickory Dichotomy, Huckleberry Crumble, Maver, Between the lines

those songs kick ass.

I think the whole STP album is great.  I have still been listening to it a lot.   Grows on you more and more. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2011, 01:09:31 AM »

oh i agree, i love every song. those were the ones off the top of my head though that really kick ass.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: