Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2024, 02:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228540 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash On VR 'We're Going To Have A Whole Different Personality As A Vocalist'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash On VR 'We're Going To Have A Whole Different Personality As A Vocalist'  (Read 5556 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: January 05, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »

From a video interview with Slash posted today with Artist Direct probably from December.  He says this roughly about Velvet Revolver in the interview:

Slash:  We've actually moved leaps and bounds in the last month.  So we should be making an announcement one way or another next month.  So it's going to be interesting going into the 3rd record because we're going to have a whole different personality as a vocalist.  Chances are it's going to be a lot heavier than anything Velvet Revolver has done so far.  Cause that was the only thing missing for me was the sort or heaviness of it in the first two Velvet Revolver records.

Slash Talks Liberating Solo Effort, Acting as "Producer" and Velvet Revolver's Singer Search

Wed, 05 Jan 2011

Video here: http://www.artistdirect.com/entertainment-news/article/slash-talks-liberating-solo-effort-acting-as-producer-and-velvet-revolver-s-singer-search/8442069

And from Snakepit.org:

Velvet Revolver has found a new vocalist! The name has not been announced, but he is said to be "younger and stronger" and a "known guy".

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »

I can't wait to hear who it is. Although I have my own thoughts about who it might be I rather wait and see.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 06:02:14 PM »

I have no idea what he's talking about saying that the first two VR records weren't that heavy. Maybe 'Libertad' wasn't, but 'Contraband' had some of the rawest, loudest rock music of the last decade on it.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2011, 06:10:53 PM »

Gotta agree with you on that AxlReznor but I guess Slash wants it heavier.
 hihi

Joe

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2011, 06:21:54 PM »

Younger and stronger

*I still hope they might have found Richie Edwards from the Stone gods
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 06:28:53 PM »

yeah CB fuckin rocked.

cant wait to see who it is.

known guy?

hmmmm

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 06:37:04 PM »

I have no idea what he's talking about saying that the first two VR records weren't that heavy. Maybe 'Libertad' wasn't, but 'Contraband' had some of the rawest, loudest rock music of the last decade on it.

It's just PR.  Even though Contraband was pretty well received they are gonna try to downplay everything before...Like "oh we sucked before, I didn't agree with any of that stuff, but now we rock harder than we ever have!"

That's cool though.  It's still interesting to hear they've made some progress though.   I'll still buy the album to support them, but I gotta wait and hear what the music is like.   I still feel like this is all about ego, but whatever, more power to them if they pull it off. 
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2011, 07:00:15 PM »

I guess I have become jaded but I still won't believe it until they make the announcement and name the guy. Which might be pretty soon if they want to do it before Slash goes back out on tour.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2011, 08:39:55 PM »

SLASH Says VELVET REVOLVER Has 'Moved Leaps And Bounds' In Singer Search - Jan. 5, 2011

Rick Florino of ARTISTdirect.com last month conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES). You can now watch the chat below.

Regarding VELVET REVOLVER's search for a new vocalist to finally replace singer Scott Weiland ? more than two years after the band fired the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman over his erratic behavior ? Slash said, "We've actually moved leaps and bounds in the last month. So we should be making an announcement one way or another [sometime in January]. So it's gonna be interesting going into the third record because we're gonna have a whole different personality as a vocalist. Chances are it's gonna be a lot heavier than anything VELVET REVOLVER has done so far. 'Cause that was the only thing missing for me ? the sort or heaviness of it ? in the first two VELVET REVOLVER records."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151883

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 02:50:31 AM »

It's just PR.  Even though Contraband was pretty well received they are gonna try to downplay everything before...Like "oh we sucked before, I didn't agree with any of that stuff, but now we rock harder than we ever have!"

Well, in fairness to Slash, he did say in his book that there were recording issues with his guitars on Contraband that left that album not quite to his liking.  I think he may have been speaking about the solos but he did mention it back then.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 06:40:03 AM »

If they at least get back to the Contraband style, I'll be happy. That's still one of my favourite hard rock CDs to come out in the last decade.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 09:17:51 AM »

im gonna say corey taylor. slipknot, tho doing a few select shows dont seem ready to do much else at the mo, and duff rates him high.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 09:41:09 AM »

And from Snakepit.org:

Velvet Revolver has found a new vocalist! The name has not been announced, but he is said to be "younger and stronger" and a "known guy".

This isn't an announcement, but from an interview with Matt Sorum...I thought it sounded familiar.

VELVET REVOLVER Zeroing In On 'Younger And Stronger' New Singer - Dec. 20, 2010

Sorum added that the potential new singer was a "known guy" who was "younger and stronger."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151192

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 10:37:40 AM »

And from Snakepit.org:

This isn't an announcement, but from an interview with Matt Sorum...I thought it sounded familiar.

VELVET REVOLVER Zeroing In On 'Younger And Stronger' New Singer - Dec. 20, 2010

Sorum added that the potential new singer was a "known guy" who was "younger and stronger."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=151192

I'm gonna say no on Corey Taylor. He's actually not that young if you look it up.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it but what does Slash mean when he says we'll have an announcement "one way or the other". What would be the other...."We still don't have a singer?"

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 10:44:04 AM »

Maybe it would be that "were still gonna be on hiatus"  hihi

No I think that they might say that they have so or so singing and then either say that a new album is coming out or that they are gonna do a little more solo stuff and be back to work on VR at some point they pick.

Joe

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:01:58 AM »

I'm gonna say no on Corey Taylor. He's actually not that young if you look it up.

Neither's Myles Kennedy. Doesn't stop Slash from referring to him as "the best young vocalist" in the world.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 01:59:38 PM »

Neither's Myles Kennedy. Doesn't stop Slash from referring to him as "the best young vocalist" in the world.

True. I actually hope it is Corey Taylor.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 05:57:24 AM »

From Matts twitter account

In Studio all day with VR and mystery singer. Havin a blast. 2 songs done in 2 days. And they rock. Feels good to play with the guys again. We are makin big noise. More to come stay tuned.
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 07:48:06 AM »

Heard a lot of talk about it being Corey Taylor. These comments from Slash seem to hint at it also.

I like Corey, but really don't see him fitting in, so hope it isn't.

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 09:06:29 AM »

Taylor already did some demo's and it didn't work out so I Doubt it's him.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: