Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:32:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R listed in Spin's 30 Biggest Concerts of 2010 (Winnipeg)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R listed in Spin's 30 Biggest Concerts of 2010 (Winnipeg)  (Read 2425 times)
sharkswithlasers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 30, 2010, 11:16:36 PM »

Further well-deserved recognition for 2010:

"GUNS N' ROSES
MTS CENTRE, WINNIPEG, CANADA
JANUARY 13

It took Axl Rose and Co. 17 years to release Chinese Democracy -- so anticipation was high for their first live gigs in its support. Rose and his band of hired Guns delivered. They launched a Canadian tour (sorry, America!) with a "full-out rock'n'roll spectacle -- explosions and confetti, along with seven video screens and a massive mobile lighting rig -- that requires 15 semis of equipment and eight buses for the band and crew," wrote SPIN's Rob Williams. Over three hours, GNR played 25 songs, covering most of the new album and their greatest hits. "At 47, Rose looked and sounded as good as ever... but next time, don't wait so long."

http://www.spin.com/gallery/30-biggest-concerts-2010?page=2#main
kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 01:13:40 AM »

I actually posted a similar article from the Sun about the Calgary show that listed it as a highlight of 2010. Seems the thread was deleted though.

Good to see the band getting some recognition, between these two shows and the Serbian one, for a great world tour.
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 05:17:31 AM »

I stop reading when he said "It took Axl Rose and Co. 17 years to release Chinese..."

Journalist's.. sorry,  but most of them are crap..

On the bright side, finally the band is starting to get the recognition they deserve  peace
PJ
black metal poser dude
VIP

And I'm crazier!

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:47:18 AM »

you are as close minded as the journalist you bash..
is good a review, they talk good about the show and axl, sorry but you cant hide the fact CD was uberdelayed

"I'm still impressed by my ability to put a shine on a pile of bullshit"
                                        SLASH
http://www.gnrsource.com
sharkswithlasers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »

You are both right in a way - but for me the important (and key) parts of this article is that is says that Axl and the band "delivered" and it contains positive comments regarding the new songs.  There is none of the usual garbage about no Slash, going on "late" or only the old songs were well received etc. 

The 17 year comment is obviously garbage but the general public will read the article as being positive which may help sales for a possible US tour.  I did a 6 show road trip in Canada (amazing, obviously), but could also do with some US shows in 2011!     
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 07:41:34 PM »

Has anybody read the rest of the 'biggest concerts of 2010'? What actually constitutes as 'big'? Crowd? Length of tour? Historical importance? Or what Journo's like to pretend is life changing? Guns wasn't even a US concert!

I mean I thought we had a quiet year in the UK gig/festival scene, but the US seemed to have a really crappy time of it.

I would like to repeat as I have in the past: I love the o2 Arena.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 08:27:44 PM »

Has anybody read the rest of the 'biggest concerts of 2010'? What actually constitutes as 'big'? Crowd? Length of tour? Historical importance? Or what Journo's like to pretend is life changing?

True, sometimes you wonder.

But with GN'R, the shows were big.

The shows had everything you would want from a rock concert. Great performances, awesome visuals and a huge production.

Guns wasn't even a US concert!

Doesn't have to be an US show to be important in the US....

Besides, that was the first show on that continent on the tour, so of course it gathered more media attention.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 04:44:21 AM »

Besides, that was the first show on that continent on the tour, so of course it gathered more media attention.

/jarmo

And given the success of the European/RotW tour in 2009/10 a tour in the US should* be better received.

*of course there will always be factors that dictate the media perception, attitude of Americans, old grudges and what the band do.  Given what's happened in 2009/10 and the general feel of gigs (UK excepting, media NOT fans) they could really kick ass, but would (in my opinion) have to try real hard to get the country (not US fans) on side. None of this hired guns shit, perhaps an interview or two and Axl making it known publicly things have moved on and that this line-up is here to stay, plus announcing an album is in train, could see the band enter 2011 as a band ready to take on America as a band worthy of the name once again (again not a fans view, but looking at it from a wider commercial view).

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 08:19:24 AM »

Has anybody read the rest of the 'biggest concerts of 2010'? What actually constitutes as 'big'? Crowd? Length of tour? Historical importance? Or what Journo's like to pretend is life changing?

True, sometimes you wonder.

But with GN'R, the shows were big.

The shows had everything you would want from a rock concert. Great performances, awesome visuals and a huge production.

Guns wasn't even a US concert!

/jarmo

Yup, I totally agree that it was a fantastic show, both with spectacle and music performance. It just seem odd to list it with bizarre indie bands without a bass player playing in a cloakroom for 20 journalists and a dog.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 09:48:44 AM »

It has been such a rewarding year for the band and fans as well, and  is so nice the band is finally being recognized for it's accomplishments once again, so well deserved.

This journalist however, he claims at 47 Axl looked and sounded as good as ever, I am positive Axl is 48 and will be 49 on Feb 6th, so not that it is a major issue, but for shit sakes if your gonna write about someone at least know their statistics, seriously how long would it have taken to research his correct age Roll Eyes.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 10:08:46 AM »

Yup, I totally agree that it was a fantastic show, both with spectacle and music performance. It just seem odd to list it with bizarre indie bands without a bass player playing in a cloakroom for 20 journalists and a dog.

Hahaha. True.

But you know some of these people compete in hyping small bands so they can say they liked them before they got popular!  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 10:31:55 AM »

It has been such a rewarding year for the band and fans as well, and  is so nice the band is finally being recognized for it's accomplishments once again, so well deserved.

This journalist however, he claims at 47 Axl looked and sounded as good as ever, I am positive Axl is 48 and will be 49 on Feb 6th, so not that it is a major issue, but for shit sakes if your gonna write about someone at least know their statistics, seriously how long would it have taken to research his correct age Roll Eyes.
not to be picky but Axl was 47 on the 13th jan he was 48 on the 6th feb peace the real positive in this is it shows if you work hard and put on great shows good things happen ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: