Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:22:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Wives jealous of GNR?
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wives jealous of GNR?  (Read 8003 times)
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2010, 01:18:17 AM »

you know if you can't share something that you both have in common.it's allways harder and stressful,but g n r stays in your life through good n basd times.
so life should be about given one another the things they enjoy.
both letten each other's lifestyes combine with there relationships.
nagging wives tend to drive men away to other women who have the same interest's.that's were affair's start,think about it ladies.less stress ta hear what your
man likes and dislikes,helps life,love n happyness.

the one an only horsey !
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »

Can you go through the festive period without GNR listening to sort of more suitable stuff hihi

I've been trying even now when the wife is sleeping but I'm itching a bit.
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 06:58:49 AM »

Can you go through the festive period without GNR listening to sort of more suitable stuff hihi

I've been trying even now when the wife is sleeping but I'm itching a bit.

Yeah buy a couple of Ron's Cd's... awesome albums !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2010, 05:35:52 PM »

Met my wife 4 years ago....
"Met" GnR in 1988...

She did the math... hihi

She wasnt into GnR too much....She is now...Especially with DJ Ashba.. ok

Last September, when i went to Belgrad to see the boys live, leaving her, the daughter, the mortage loan, my job, my work for a 48hrs sleepless trip, she finally got it, realised it, admitted it, excepted it:  dont stand between me and GnR - just flow with the water and everybody s happy  hihi

PS: now she is hoping to see the boys live in 2011 - just to see what is so special about a GnR live concert  peace

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2010, 07:13:34 PM »

PS: now she is hoping to see the boys live in 2011 - just to see what is so special about a GnR live concert  peace

My wife's never been to New York (or the US) and I haven't been there for nearly 20 years (went to the US last winter though) so I am so much hoping for that rumoured or hoped tour to come. She's mentioned a couple of times why not go to NY, I want to see it. We're Europeans.

If and when the tour dates are confirmed I'll book it straight away, of course, without telling her about the gig at first but before the departure just to be on the safe side. She will go mad "is this why we're going there, I really thought..." (what will she think, who knows about those women)  beer

I'd imagine there would be more than one date there, just exactly how am I going to explain that yes darling, we go there again tonight. Or at least I will ok
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 04:21:50 PM »

My gf has gotten used to my obsession a long time ago.

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 04:43:41 PM »

im jealous of my misses obsession over DJ

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 07:51:36 AM »

A funny thing happened to me a couple of months ago.

I was on a date with a an cute, intelligent and funny lady a couple of months ago. Things were going well until we got onto the subject of music, and I mentioned that I was going to see G n' R  next week (at the o2 London, for those of you that care). At that point, she gave me a look of complete disdain and revulsion. The date was all downhill from there, I'm afraid. I must have really hit a raw nerve when I mentioned this. Later on that evening I said (very matter-of-factly) that I wasn't fan of one of her favourite artists, she snapped back, in the sneeriest tone of voice you could imaginbe, 'well I don't like Guns N' Roses'. We never spoke again after that night.

Come to think of it, if she's the type to get snippy over something like my musical tastes (which actually, apart from G n' R, were similar to mine), our relationship wasn't going to go anywhere.

I've occasionally wondered what G n' R did to upset her so. Maybe an obnoxious ex of hers liked them? Perhaps Axl stubbed a cigar out in her eye one time ? Mybe her dog got run over by their tourbus? Anyhow, none of that matters now, because the story has a happy ending. The gig was of course awesome, and I've since found another fine lady to share my musical tastes with. (Before you ask, I haven't mentioned my 11 year affair with Uncle Axl yet. And if she turns her nose up, then I'll guess I'll just have to listen to G n' R in spare room or somehing nervous)

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »

It's been a long time since Gnr were in the mainstream limelight, a household name, so I think we hardcore fans sometimes forget just how repulsive, vulgar, and controversial Gnr actually were. They were the biggest band in the world, but they were also the band people loved to hate. They have always been a very "polarizing" band. People don't just "like" or "dislike" Gnr, usually I find it is love or hate. They induce some pretty intense feelings.
Many people viewed them as misogynistic, racist, homophobic, profane, juvenile, and not to mention that they thought they glorified drug use.

Perhaps it was Gnr's misogynistic reputation that turned her off? She could've just gotten out of an abusive relationship. Some girls also view Gnr as a macho, jock rock band who appeal to jocks, muscle heads, frat boys, Nascar/Wrestling fans, whitetrash, etc. Some people (usually feminists, Tori Amos and Cold Play fans) think they are too sophisticated and classy to like Gnr.

Today, you will find some soccer moms still jamming out to Gnr on 80s nights, etc. But for the most part, today's soccer moms were more into Bon Jovi and Poison back in the day.
Is he struggling?
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 02:45:04 PM »

It's been a long time since Gnr were in the mainstream limelight, a household name, so I think we hardcore fans sometimes forget just how repulsive, vulgar, and controversial Gnr actually were. They were the biggest band in the world, but they were also the band people loved to hate. They have always been a very "polarizing" band. People don't just "like" or "dislike" Gnr, usually I find it is love or hate. They induce some pretty intense feelings.
Many people viewed them as misogynistic, racist, homophobic, profane, juvenile, and not to mention that they thought they glorified drug use.

Perhaps it was Gnr's misogynistic reputation that turned her off? She could've just gotten out of an abusive relationship. Some girls also view Gnr as a macho, jock rock band who appeal to jocks, muscle heads, frat boys, Nascar/Wrestling fans, whitetrash, etc. Some people (usually feminists, Tori Amos and Cold Play fans) think they are too sophisticated and classy to like Gnr.

Today, you will find some soccer moms still jamming out to Gnr on 80s nights, etc. But for the most part, today's soccer moms were more into Bon Jovi and Poison back in the day.

I never thought of that. Good point SkeletorSerpent. I wonder if the acres of negative press coverage that the new line up have recieved recnetly (especially here in the UK) had anyhitng to do with it. Anyway, I ain't going to dwell on it too much. If someone would think that I'm some sort of macho meathead for liking Guns N' Roses (and if you were to meet me on the street, it would be plain that I most definitely am none of those things), then I'm better off without them.

axlssis
Rocker

Here Today...somewhat

« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 11:16:48 PM »

interesting thread..........funny how people tend to think your musical taste is something you will "outgrow", especially if you listen to rock and roll. 
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2011, 12:48:51 PM »

Never had a problem like this, even my 71 year old mother really like Guns and Axl.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2011, 08:33:46 AM »

Never had a problem like this, even my 71 year old mother really like Guns and Axl.

That's awesome ! You should take her to a concert one day...

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Is he struggling?
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »

Hey, come to think of it, my 72 year old aunt likes  G N' R. So not all of the women in my life think that I have the music taste of a moron1

wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2011, 02:55:03 AM »

Hey, come to think of it, my 72 year old aunt likes  G N' R. So not all of the women in my life think that I have the music taste of a moron1

Not so remarkable when you think about it, back in the day, they would be in their late forties when AFD came out, now approaching that time of life myself, there are new acts that I really like. The bottom line is good music is timeless and to prove it, how many of us like songs/albums/artists that were at their peek before we were born. I know I have at least 1000 songs (out of 10,000ish) on my iPod from pre-1964 (the year I was born).

Thank god for Spotify, the try before you buy (ok find a bit-torrent and then download hihi) answer to getting a good party going... ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: