Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 01:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228547 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan, Wife Featured In PETA's 'Ink, Not Mink' Campaign; Photo
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan, Wife Featured In PETA's 'Ink, Not Mink' Campaign; Photo  (Read 8092 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: December 13, 2010, 01:30:39 AM »

DUFF MCKAGAN, Wife Featured In PETA's 'Ink, Not Mink' Campaign - Dec. 12, 2010

According to E! Online, Duff McKagan (VELVET REVOLVER, GUNS N' ROSES, DUFF MCKAGAN'S LOADED) and his wife Susan recently posed for PETA's iconic "Ink, Not Mink" campaign to protest the cruel fur industry and prove that they'd rather go naked than wear fur. "Be comfortable in your own skin and let animals keep theirs," the caption reads.

Duff and Susan can be seen shooting the ad in the December 19 episode of "Married To Rock", the new reality TV series that follows the lives of three rock star wives. The E! network has teamed with "Real World" producer Bunim-Murray Prods. for the series, which also stars Etty Farrell, whose husband is JANE'S ADDICTION frontman Perry Farrell; Josie Stevens, a model married to Billy Idol's longtime guitarist Steve Stevens; and AJ Celi, who has been dating THE CULT guitarist Billy Duffy for the past three years.

Photo here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150790

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 07:25:06 AM »

Anyone else find it ironic that one of the proudest wearers of leather from the last 25 years is in an ad against wearing animal skin?
sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »

Anyone else find it ironic that one of the proudest wearers of leather from the last 25 years is in an ad against wearing animal skin?

I find this and several other things ironic about Duff lately.  Smiley
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 11:04:35 AM »

Regardless, they are a most beautiful couple, and I adore Duff for his talents and accomplishments, he has come along way, so I say  beer to Duff, he looks hot in those leathers lol...

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2010, 05:25:59 PM »

Duff and Susan's video PETA message here:

https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3481

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Trist805
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 06:06:04 PM »

Leather doesn't really have the same negative stigma that mink and fur coats have.   Just googling it real quick, I found that it takes 55 minks to make one coat, but a leather hide from a cow is much more resourceful.  Mink coats also involve other harmful practices on the animals.   

Some of that footage with the animals was pretty hard to watch....especially the seals.   I agree with this message even though I don't completely support PETA.   
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 02:19:28 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eioZ9CKb4W8&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 02:24:41 AM by Gunsguy » Logged
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 08:55:44 AM »

Leather doesn't really have the same negative stigma that mink and fur coats have.   Just googling it real quick, I found that it takes 55 minks to make one coat, but a leather hide from a cow is much more resourceful.  Mink coats also involve other harmful practices on the animals.   

Some of that footage with the animals was pretty hard to watch....especially the seals.   I agree with this message even though I don't completely support PETA.   

The seal part is a complete and utter fabrication by these so called animal rights groups to get money from stupid people who fall for it. If you saw how it was actually done you would fell differently.
suicide
VIP

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 02:46:10 AM »

The seal part is a complete and utter fabrication by these so called animal rights groups to get money from stupid people who fall for it. If you saw how it was actually done you would fell differently.
So you're saying these "so called animal rights groups" kill the seals themselves? You think the people who slaughter the seals in those horrible videos work for Greenpeace, WWF, PETA or some other animal rights organisation?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 03:26:01 AM »

Bah, I don't know what the fuss is all about. I say skin 'em all. Animals are meant to be useful and as long as they are not treated inhumanely, it's fine to me. Peta is just for celebrities who have nothing better to do.

Fuck 'Em All.
kobys
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 04:25:47 AM »

Bah, I don't know what the fuss is all about. I say skin 'em all. Animals are meant to be useful and as long as they are not treated inhumanely, it's fine to me. Peta is just for celebrities who have nothing better to do.

I so totally agree with you about Peta. They're kooks. I am the biggest animal lover around but I just cannot support Peta. I went on their message board once looking for certain info and they had a whole thread about how to get rid of ants without killing them.

I'm a Ronald Reagan conservative and damn proud of it!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 05:03:50 AM »

Not to mention they kill more perfectly healthy animals than they save rather than rehoming them because they believe that an animal is better off dead than someone's pet. Real animal lovers!
And that's before getting into their methods and fabrications that have caused reputable animal rights groups to emphasise their lack of any ties to PETA, and even refusing to employ anyone who has been a member of PETA or other 'eco-terrorist' groups.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 07:56:29 AM »

So you're saying these "so called animal rights groups" kill the seals themselves? You think the people who slaughter the seals in those horrible videos work for Greenpeace, WWF, PETA or some other animal rights organisation?

They pay people to kill them inhumanly so they can get people who don't know any difference to give them money. I know for a fact that the people who actually harvest the seals to earn a living shoot them, not club them to death like Peta claims. That is a FACT.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2010, 05:06:21 AM »

You can watch a LOT of video proof, that animals ARE treated inhumanely in the fur industry. I love Duff?s statement AGAINST FUR!

Animals are on the planet just to be "useful"?? Genesis, fuck you!!!!  rant

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2010, 05:45:31 AM »

Whaddd did I say? Huh

Just think: Fur, Leather, Ivory Chess Pieces, Eggs, Beef, Pork, Turkey, Chicken, Venison, Duck, Milk, Derivatives: Cheese, Butter, Cream ... I probably missed quite a few.
See? Useful.

Wait ... All that has made me hungry ... Where did I put that baby seal sandwich?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 06:13:20 AM by Genesis » Logged

Fuck 'Em All.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 11:15:44 AM »

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-used-for-clothing/chinese-fur-industry.aspx

Genesis, watch it. Watch it again. And then - maybe - you might understand why I would NEVER wear fur!!!!

...We take for granted we know the whole story. We judge a book by its cover and read what we want between selected lines...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 11:42:14 AM »

Actually I have seen that video, some time ago when it first came out. Like I said, I don't condone needless violence against animals / torture or the poaching of endangered animals, but at the same time I'm not about to go vegetarian either. Would you cook a dog and eat it? Nope, neither would I, but it's a delicacy in Korea and Vietnam. Similarly, fur is essential in places like Siberia, where if you wear synthetic stuff or a lettuce dress, you are going to freeze your ass off at -50C.

You seem to be the kind of person if you are stuck on an island with only cute fluffy rabbits, would rather starve than kill them. All I am saying is I am not that kind of person.

Fuck 'Em All.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 11:52:24 AM »

mmmh. ok.

I don?t live in Siberia, so my ass won?t freeze off without a fur coat. And about the rabbit? Well stuck on an island I would die of bordom first. ;-)
I?m not stupid, I would kill the cute fluffy rabbit and eat it, rather than starve to death. This is called survival instinct. ;-)

But FUR has nothing to do with my survival...and I don?t want animals to suffer and die for me, when it can be avoided so easily.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2010, 12:02:59 PM »

Great, good for you. I don't wear fur, because I have no need to, but at the same time I'm not about to tell someone not to wear it either. It's their choice, which is why organizations like Peta are annoying. They don't actually do anything to help animals, they just draw up weirder and weirder ads and campaigns and take the idea to the other extreme end. Celebrities who support them are just gullible. The RSPCA and Blue Cross are much better. Support them.

Fuck 'Em All.
lostdream
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2010, 12:13:23 PM »

You?re right, it?s everybody?s free choice. But sadly a lot of people know little about the "production" of fur. And I know many people who have changed their minds and stopped buying and wearing fur, after being informed properly.

I?m not a PETA activist, this is not about PETA in any way. For me - it?s all about the animals - who can?t speak up for themselves - and are completely at our mercy. Is mercy not something that has a LOT to do with humanity?

Peace Genesis, I understand your point of view now, it?s just that you first post was like "skin them all, as long as they are useful"....this made me furious. a LOT!

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: