Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 08:46:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Duff McKagan: New Velvet Revolver Singer Has To Be Better Than Scott Weiland
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Duff McKagan: New Velvet Revolver Singer Has To Be Better Than Scott Weiland  (Read 11914 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: November 23, 2010, 03:40:09 PM »

DUFF McKAGAN EXPLAINS SINGER SEARCH HOLD-UP

Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan talked about what the hold up has been with the singer search for the band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hxc8XNt7II

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:15:34 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:06:19 PM »

Blabbermouth.net has transcribed some of the interview:

DUFF MCKAGAN: New VELVET REVOLVER Singer Has To Be Better Than SCOTT WEILAND - Nov. 23, 2010

In a new interview with Artisan News Service, VELVET REVOLVER bassist Duff McKagan talked about what the hold-up has been with regards to the search for the right replacement for departed frontman Scott Weiland.

"VELVET REVOLVER is not done, we're not finished, and I don't think we've made our best record yet," he said. "We'll tour again, we'll find the guy."

He added, "It's one of those things, if you concern yourself with it [too much, it starts to work against you] because there's a not to pool from out there ? for our particualr band. There's some great talent ? we've heard some really, really good guys ? but to get all of us to agree on what that? I don't know if the guy that all four of us want is ever gonna exist, but we've gotta get close."

Regarding a possible replacement for Weiland, McKagan said, "It's gotta be better than it was; it's gotta be as good, at least. And for us, it's gotta be better. And Scott is an amazing vocalist and frontman, so it's gotta be as good or better than that. We can't [step down a notch]."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149866

Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 11:43:24 PM »

Blabbermouth is turning into TMZ with their headlines. They make you think he insulted Scott and he clearly did not.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 12:59:04 AM »

Blabbermouth is turning into TMZ with their headlines. They make you think he insulted Scott and he clearly did not.

Their headline is a quote from Duff:

Regarding a possible replacement for Weiland, McKagan said, "It's gotta be better than it was; it's gotta be as good, at least. And for us, it's gotta be better. And Scott is an amazing vocalist and frontman, so it's gotta be as good or better than that. We can't [step down a notch]."

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 03:10:21 AM »

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Might as well call it a day gentlemen.

there are maybe 5 singers/frontmen alive right now in the whole world better than Scott.

So just let this shit die already.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 06:28:41 AM »

Someone unknown could also be better that Scott, you just wouldn't have heard of him. Although if they do find someone like that, it's going to be only by pure luck. It's unlikely VR will resume anytime soon...

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2010, 06:43:06 AM »

I dunno, it seems pretty obvious that Slash wanted Myles in VR, but others didn't agree, and that's why Slash is planning his next solo album with him as the lone vocalist.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2010, 06:53:07 AM »

I dunno, it seems pretty obvious that Slash wanted Myles in VR, but others didn't agree, and that's why Slash is planning his next solo album with him as the lone vocalist.

i used to love VR but to be honest, Im far more excited about a Slash and Myles album!  Fuckin love Myles.

Am i right in saying that Slash said the album could be out next year?

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 06:56:59 AM »

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it. I was kind of hoping he would do a Slash II, with more artists, especially those that he couldn't get the first time around, like Tyler.

Fuck 'Em All.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 08:03:42 AM »

i used to love VR but to be honest, Im far more excited about a Slash and Myles album!  Fuckin love Myles.

Am i right in saying that Slash said the album could be out next year?

Well, I think Slash mentioned he was already writing, both on his own and with Myles, and with them touring together next year, I'm sure the material could come together quickly.
Slash should just take his while live touring band into the studio next time, they definitely have great chemistry together.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
tippasaurus
Rocker

You must be the change you wish to see

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2010, 08:42:10 AM »

Their headline is a quote from Duff:

One could surmise that Duff meant the chemistry in the band needs to be as good or better with the new singer as it was with Scott.  That's not a knock on Scott's skills per se.  The Blabbermouth headline insinuates that Duff is trying to "one up" Scott, but that isn't the case when you actually read Duff's words in context.  It's a misleading headline no doubt.

"we are here to learn how to choose and to choose how to learn"
-michael
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:35 AM »

I'm not sure I'm looking forward to it. I was kind of hoping he would do a Slash II, with more artists, especially those that he couldn't get the first time around, like Tyler.

I think he got pissed off with all the legal shit that they had to get through.  Thats probably why he isn't in a hurry to go down that route again.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »

there are maybe 5 singers/frontmen alive right now in the whole world better than Scott.

The best response to that is to quote your own post:

rofl rofl rofl rofl

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56:21 AM »

I think if Myles weren't in Alter Bridge maybe he would be the choice, since he's handling all the vocals on the Slash album, and Matt Sorum had originally suggested him-I really never paid much attention to him until the clips of him singing with Slash-he is great.

libertad
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2010, 11:41:55 AM »

Name 5 frontmen ALIVE right now better than Scott Weiland? I can't think of 5.

I don't know how I feel about the all Myles solo album... I kinda worry that maybe I will just like Myles in small doses. We will see though.I liked the concerts but then again, he was singing mostly big hits i love. so we will see about a full album. I am not an Alter Bridge fan though. weird.

I just don't see VR finding that guy. Cause honestly, it is like this. If you were an amazing elite, great frontman, WHY would you join Velvet Revolver? no offense but it would be as close to career suicide as you could get. Look at guys like John Corabi that joined Motley Crue for one album.. now would Corabi have had any type of career? Maybe, maybe not, but once u take that Motley Crue job, u are tainted for life cause Vince Neil will always be the singer for Motley Crue. So u then become Ex Motley Crue singer and people no longer take u as serious as before.

same here. U are following the greatest frontman of all time and at least a top 25, and a top 10 since 1990...... I wouldn't wanna step into that shit. Unless my goal was to make a few bucks and that be that.

if u are a top 5 rock n roll frontman, undiscovered or not, u still have better chances persevering on your own and making a name for yourself.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2010, 11:52:14 AM »

I can probably name about 100 living frontmen who I personally think are better than Scott myself. But that number goes down to about zero if you mean frontmen better than Scott and available.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »

Well, u gotta take personal feeling/opinion out of it.

If u go by what they have done combined with their overall skill set etc

gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »

Lenny was mentioned as an posible singer but fast denied.
Steven tyler was mentioned
Myles kennedy
Todd Kerns
Axl Rose (Don't hate me)
Kurt Cobain (dead or not hell of a frontman!)

sleeper
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2010, 07:59:54 PM »

Mike Patton was mentioned a couple of months ago. But Slash shot that down with super human speed. Smiley
Doofey
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2010, 09:27:17 PM »

I think money has to be an issue in that too. Slash paid for that album to made himself and I doubt people like Fergie or Ozzy came cheap. Tyler would be very expensive.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: