Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 29, 2024, 07:11:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228131 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MusicRadar: Axl, wins the best frontman poll!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MusicRadar: Axl, wins the best frontman poll!  (Read 19449 times)
Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #80 on: December 07, 2010, 05:33:09 AM »

On the main page, there's now another poll. Does it mean it's done? Does it mean Axl has won?
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2010, 05:38:18 AM »

On the main page, there's now another poll. Does it mean it's done? Does it mean Axl has won?

Well he was in the lead, we should expect a article about the voting just as the one about the best drummer.

Stay tuned.  ok

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
BlackAces
Headliner

« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2010, 07:33:16 AM »

Yes!!!!
The score was Axl 23%, Freddie 18% just a few hours ago when I checked it the last time.
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #83 on: December 07, 2010, 02:33:00 PM »

And the winner is....

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-30-greatest-lead-singers-of-all-time-315448/30#content

The public have spoken, and we can?t think of a more contentious choice for the greatest lead singer of all time. Forget the moustachioed, cornrowed croaking caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Axl Rose: dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, controversial; the hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process.

In his autobiography, Slash recounts his first encounter with that legendary voice: ?Izzy brought me a tape of his band? it sounded like they were playing deep inside a jet engine. But through the static din, way in the background, I heard something intriguing, that I believed to be their singer?s voice. It was hard to make out and his squeal was so high-pitched that I thought it might be a technical flaw in the tape. It sounded like the squeak that a cassette makes just before the tape snaps ? except it was in key.?

Listen: Guns N? Roses ? Rocket Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnL-LJKWE0

Your votes:
"Controversial, but if your looking for someone you just can't ignore for the voice, presence, song writing, and just plain prima donna frontman persona, then Axl Rose. Or for the nice guy, less of a voice, harder to hear but still intriguing vote, Michael Stipe." (From MrGawain, thanks)

"Axl Rose." (From Sondre and Chester via Facebook, thanks)

"Axl Rose." (From @MojoBak, @Joseevita via Twitter, thanks)

"Who is the greatest lead singer of all time? Axl Rose of course! Ronnie James Dio and Tom Jones deserve the mention as well." (From @___Zephyr___ via Twitter, thanks)

Told you- they really don't like that Axl is still popular in the Chinese Democracy era! I think that this poll prooves people still want to see him perform whoever his bandmates are. And who's this bloke who suggested Axl in the first place?

Ismellbetterthanyou
Opening Act

« Reply #84 on: December 07, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »

"Forget the moustachioed, cornrowed croaking caricature of recent years"

Fuck 'em. They HAD to say something negative about him. A caricature? Yeah, sure, that's why he has fuckin' WON that contest...oh wait, maybe only people who like Axl from 1987 to 1994 have voted for him, nobody who still likes him has voted.

Those people make me angry and sad... I wish I could just ignore them, but such a level of stupidity just has to be noticed!
Liquor & Whores
Rocker

« Reply #85 on: December 07, 2010, 03:31:35 PM »

so happy that Axl won

fuck musicradar - that's a bitter pill for them to swallow

it buggs them that Axl doesn't give the fuck about the media, and somehow is still so popular today...
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:34:45 PM by DrDrei » Logged

"you nor anyone will ever dictate my actions" - Axl Rose
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #86 on: December 07, 2010, 03:39:39 PM »

Oops, just noticed the results as well via there tweet...

I'm not really sure why they mention us to forget the present and get back to the past though.
The past was great but I find the presence even more exciting, I'm sure it is for lots of us here on the forums and out there wherever that maybe.

Not sure if we should respond on there tweet or not... poke em with videos of the last few day's or so to convince themselves @ getting a little bit more positive... there is way to much negativity in the world already !

None the less Congratz to Axl, you are the real deal !!!

@MrGawain

And who's this bloke who suggested Axl in the first place?

Nobody, just a few fans... Though after rereading I noticed you where the first to be mentioned, nicely put btw !

Cheers

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: December 07, 2010, 03:46:00 PM »

Fuck yeah. Congrats guys. Fuck musicradar.  Grin

"...It don't really matter..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #88 on: December 07, 2010, 04:02:14 PM »

The public have spoken, and we can?t think of a more contentious choice for the greatest lead singer of all time.

Yes, the public has spoken and instead of respecting that, these clowns have to try to mock the result.

Nowhere in the poll did it specify that we were voting for a certain era.

What a bunch of ass clowns.

Congratulations to Axl. The public has spoken. And he won. Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #89 on: December 07, 2010, 04:26:47 PM »

Same old shit...the media has to take their cheap shots, and refuse to give credit where credit is do.  Yet they wonder why Axl doesn't do more interviews.  Roll Eyes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2010, 04:45:04 PM »

It's final here is some of the list:

1) Axl Rose
2) Freddy Mercury   
3) Robert Plant
4) Ronnie James Dio
5) John Lennon
6) Bruce Dickinson
7) Tom Yorke
8  Kurt Cobain
9) Matt Bellamy
10) Paul McCartney
11) Jim Morrison
12) James Hetfield
13) Maynard James Keenan
14) Mick Jaggar
15) James LaBrie
16) Bon Scott
17) Steven Tyler
18) Roger Daltrey
19) Getty Lee
20) Morrissey...

View the thumbnails of the rest here:

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-30-greatest-lead-singers-of-all-time-315448

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2010, 04:53:01 PM »

Everyone who`s on twitter should tweet musicradar, i have, and pointed out that most guns n roses fans live in the present not the past. I have a theory that the media are worried that Axl is actually being successful without any of there influence( it must really annoy them) lol what a shame congrats Axl you`re the best by far  smoking
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2010, 05:06:55 PM »

And the winner is....

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/the-30-greatest-lead-singers-of-all-time-315448/30#content

The public have spoken, and we can?t think of a more contentious choice for the greatest lead singer of all time. Forget the moustachioed, cornrowed croaking caricature of recent years and think back to the late 1980s. Axl Rose: dangerous, lean, angry, confrontational, controversial; the hotheaded, horny ginger stepchild of Steven Tyler and Robert Plant, a born rock star who made being fashionably late a lifestyle choice and started riots in the process.

In his autobiography, Slash recounts his first encounter with that legendary voice: ?Izzy brought me a tape of his band? it sounded like they were playing deep inside a jet engine. But through the static din, way in the background, I heard something intriguing, that I believed to be their singer?s voice. It was hard to make out and his squeal was so high-pitched that I thought it might be a technical flaw in the tape. It sounded like the squeak that a cassette makes just before the tape snaps ? except it was in key.?

Listen: Guns N? Roses ? Rocket Queen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TnL-LJKWE0

Your votes:
"Controversial, but if your looking for someone you just can't ignore for the voice, presence, song writing, and just plain prima donna frontman persona, then Axl Rose. Or for the nice guy, less of a voice, harder to hear but still intriguing vote, Michael Stipe." (From MrGawain, thanks)

"Axl Rose." (From Sondre and Chester via Facebook, thanks)

"Axl Rose." (From @MojoBak, @Joseevita via Twitter, thanks)

"Who is the greatest lead singer of all time? Axl Rose of course! Ronnie James Dio and Tom Jones deserve the mention as well." (From @___Zephyr___ via Twitter, thanks)

Told you- they really don't like that Axl is still popular in the Chinese Democracy era! I think that this poll prooves people still want to see him perform whoever his bandmates are. And who's this bloke who suggested Axl in the first place?

Hey, that's my tweet!  SmileySmiley

Congrats to Axl! Smiley

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2010, 07:39:00 PM »

Congrats to Axl! Well deserved - past or present, nobody can beat him  beer

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
BlackAces
Headliner

« Reply #94 on: December 08, 2010, 03:46:49 AM »

A well deserved win....and by a good margin (as I earlier mentioned it was 23% Axl vs 18 % Freddie just before the voting ended).

Btw, Axl is actually peaking right now in 2010.....a fact that stuped bullshit from musicradar (or anybody else) can`t change.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #95 on: December 08, 2010, 07:27:48 AM »

Haha! Congratulations Axl!  beer Totally fkn true.
FK musicradar for living in the past - great idea to tweet them clips from, well, ANY show this year! wake up to GnR 2010 - you'll be sorry you missed it in time to come. 
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #96 on: December 08, 2010, 08:51:08 AM »

YES, thank god it has ended finally, thought it was going to go on forever.  Grin

A big thank you to the people in this thread who have been updating it regularly with myself, it finally paid off. Axl deserves the top spot, and I truely believe he is the best singer on that list.

A good quote by Zephyr too, well done.  ok

We did it Gunners, Axl on top yet again, and rightfully so.  Smiley
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #97 on: December 08, 2010, 10:43:39 AM »

its in Norwegian media also: http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.7416571

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #98 on: December 08, 2010, 06:40:33 PM »

Congrats Axl well deserved  ok

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #99 on: December 08, 2010, 10:50:57 PM »

Lots so legends on this list...however, nice to see Axl take the very top spot for a change
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: