Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 01:41:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot says, "Don't expect a new album anytime soon".
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot says, "Don't expect a new album anytime soon".  (Read 12885 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 12:44:48 PM »

I would like to see one more tour here in the States-honestly, anytime soon sounds like don't look  for anything in the next 2 or 3 years, minimum.

Personally myself, I'd like to see the US Tour done and dusted, then a release or two of some new material as singles, something that hasn't been heard anywhere.  From this I'd like to see the unreleased stuff from CD 2 with  Ashba and done on a new/independent label as an album, called maybe Democracy Achieved... and then future tours done under a new name. In my view, the CD name is something that has hamstrung the band and Axl.  It conjures up all kinds of negative shit that pushed the 14years wait, reclusive Axl, hired guns always late yadda, yadda, yadda buttons since Y2K.

A new era is due in my opinion, one where ridicule stops and a change of heart from those that can advise Axl in a positive way to do a few high profile interviews that allows him to be heard.  A set of tv or radio interviews where he is able to finally kill the ghost of the 1990's once and for all and be allowed to release the material that they are capable of, free of ridicule and with a more informed public knowing they still have it. A game changer if you like.
Yeah, I don't think the lack of material is a problem as far as a new release goes.  I don't know it for a fact, but we've been told there's plenty of material and I believe that.  Same with Chinese Democracy.  That album, material wise, could've easily come out in the early part of this century, but things on the business end seemed to delay things for nearly a decade.  And it seems pretty clear to me that things haven't improved with the band and the label since CD's release.  So I don't foresee things getting any easier in releasing the follow up.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 01:12:36 PM »

Unless Axl lost interest in releasing the material that didnt come out on CD that they have ready. That could be the issue too

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 02:43:13 PM »

I can't remember how many songs he told Kurt Loder they were working on-wasn't it like 70? I'm not sure if they were completed or not-anyway, if they did work on previous material, you could see credits on songs from Bucket, Robin Fink, Brain still-I can't believe they would start from scratch, but who knows.

libertad
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 04:13:04 PM »

I can't remember how many songs he told Kurt Loder they were working on-wasn't it like 70? I'm not sure if they were completed or not-anyway, if they did work on previous material, you could see credits on songs from Bucket, Robin Fink, Brain still-I can't believe they would start from scratch, but who knows.

i thought it was a double albums worth of songs around 30-40 but idr

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2010, 04:29:56 PM »

i thought it was a double albums worth of songs around 30-40 but idr

The deal with music powerhouse Sanctuary Group covers both the back catalogue, which includes hits such as "Sweet Child of Mine," "Paradise City" and "November Rain," as well as Rose's future material, including dozens of new tracks he recently recorded for Universal Music.

Yep, this + Bach's comments would make it around 30 to 40

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2010, 04:47:00 PM »

A new era is due in my opinion, one where ridicule stops and a change of heart from those that can advise Axl in a positive way to do a few high profile interviews that allows him to be heard.  A set of tv or radio interviews where he is able to finally kill the ghost of the 1990's once and for all and be allowed to release the material that they are capable of, free of ridicule and with a more informed public knowing they still have it. A game changer if you like.

Definitely agree with you, this is something that Axl could do before it's too late. Just couple nicely done interviews and that's all for a while if he wants so. That way many could see that Axl isn't so bad guy, and their image of him would change immediately, at least that's what i think.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2010, 09:48:05 AM »

I think he should just release a record like Use Your Illusions. 2 cds with the chinese Democracy era songs, both coming out on the same date, with some promotion just like in the illusions era, and Axl could just say that this is similar to use your illusions, its kind of a compilation of what everyone came up with in 2 cds and now we're gonna do the next album (This would have to be after the US tour of course), but i think it would be such a great way to bring closure to the Chinese Democracy era, and imagine the impact it would have!

Guns N'Roses needs this kind of impact in the music bizz now more than ever!

The Advantages on this plan:

1. The IMPACT! (Imagine: Guns N'Roses frontman Axl Rose just shocked the world by releasing a double album called... the album will have 30 or 40 songs and it will be released at.... just an example... imagine the NEWS this would make).

2. It would end the "fear" of anyone doing something stupid and leak songs or sell them or even publish them on their website. That would END! The songs would lose their value on the "trading world" since they would be out and they would increase value for the fans because they would have the opportunity to listen to them.

3. It would end an Infamous yet great era from Guns N'Roses, and it would establish Chinese Democracy the album and the follow up as Guns N'Roses' "white album" and therefore people would give it a chance and listen to it (Those who still havent).

4.It would give that era a special status, that only Appetite has in Guns N'Roses Discography. I mean the illusions were great and the Use Your Illusion 1 is my favorite album, BUT it never had the status Appetite had in the Rock N'Roll History, if Axl released the songs that didnt make it on Chinese Democracy as to bring closure to that era, it would give that album the Special status Appetite has, maybe in a different way, but it would nonetheless almost for sure.

5. It would shut up the critics FOREVER. Not that WE or AXL or the band cares, but it wouldnt hurt to have them Shut the fuck up forever with a Kick right in their Thin air!

6. Last but not least, it would make up enough time for the band to work on the future album, produced and written with the CURRENT guys. People would surely be entertained with the double album, and there wouldnt be the stupid demand for another album for awhile, so this would give this CURRENT band enough FREEDOM to actually produce a new album.

Its just an idea that im posting, im not really telling anyone what to do, its a good read i think, tell me what you think
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:13:55 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2010, 09:57:12 AM »

There's songs we're still shuffling around, I mean we recorded about two and a half, three albums worth of material. So, there's still stuff that's gonna bounce between one and two." (Axl, Eddie Trunk show, 05/05/06)
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2010, 10:01:53 AM »

There's songs we're still shuffling around, I mean we recorded about two and a half, three albums worth of material. So, there's still stuff that's gonna bounce between one and two." (Axl, Eddie Trunk show, 05/05/06)

Exactly, and people slam me and Voodoo for saying there is a good chance alot of Chinese material will be on CD II as well.  hihi
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »

"'People will hear music this year,' says Axl Rose, puffing on a cigar in the early hours of Saturday morning at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. 'We're working on thirty-two songs, and twenty-six are nearly done,' he says. Of those, thirteen are slated for the final album. Among Rose's favorites are 'Better,' 'There Was a Time' and 'The Blues.'" (Rolling Stone, 01/18/06)

"As a sign of his gratitude, Mullineaux said Rose sent someone to his hotel room to retrieve two CDs, each one containing 10 tracks. Mullineaux, who said he manned the DJ booth and spun the discs for Rose, said several of the tracks reminded him of classic GN'R, with moments of uncharacteristic heaviness. Axl 'kept telling me to put back track #3. I guess that was his favorite song,' he said."
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2010, 12:07:43 AM »

Entertainment Weekly does this thing they call their 'Hit List' that's sorta like David Letterman's Top Ten List.  They list 10 current entertainment news items, each of which they follow with a snarky remark.  Ron's comment made the list.

Entertainment Weekly
#1130 * November 26, 2010
Hit List by Dan Snierson

9. Guns N' Roses guitarist tries to clarify status of follow-up album to Chinese Democracy: "Don't want y'all expecting anything soon."
Just put it in language we can all understand:  When this comes out, is Bieber gray or not?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2010, 05:42:00 AM »

Brian May, December 2008:

Axl phoned me up, out of the blue, and told me he felt he was losing his way over guitars on the tracks on the album, and asked me if I would come over for a couple of days to LA and have look. The idea was not that I become part of the band! It was more about me coming in as a friend, giving what I could to the project, as an objective outside opinion, and doing a bit of guitar playing as well. I said I'd be very happy to do that. His people booked me on plane, and I arrived a couple of days later. It was fun. Axl came down to the studio from his house, where he was also working in parallel on other stuff in his home studio, and, with Sean, played about 20 tracks to me ... pretty much almost the whole album as it stood at that time. That's a lot of listening time! But it was all fascinating. My comments were mainly appreciations, and reassurances, and I liked most of the guitar that was already on there, but I remember having strong 'producorial' feelings about making sure Axl's great vocals didn't get swamped in too much guitar ornamentation.

Then I played some guitar ... working with Sean. Over the next couple of days I went in and spent most of day there, trying things out on various tracks. Axl actually stayed away from that time on, getting Sean to take up rough mixes of what we'd been doing each night, and sending back appreciative comments. Then I went home!

Oh .. we also had a nice evening having dinner up at Axl's home, with a few friends and record company guys, during which Axl played everybody a whole bunch of tracks that were NOT already on the album ... which he had been working on separately. It was evidently already a mammoth project.

In my mind, I gave it a small piece of my life, without any thought of getting anything back, except the feeling that I'd contributed a little to the journey of the album project. I didn't ask to be paid, or even credited, and I certainly didn't put any constraints on whether the guys had to use my work or not.

I'm totally relaxed about the outcome, as I always was, and I hope that Axl will now feel liberated, by the final emergence of his magnum opus, to move on, and get back out there where we all want him to be, rockin' around the world ...
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2010, 07:26:31 AM »

I remember telling Ron in Dec, 2008. That I thought his Catcher In The Rye solo, was better than Brain Mays'. Ron was very humble, and kept on saying "nah, nah".  Wink

But I think the Brian May interview from 2008, indicates that Axls intention from the early 2000s. Was to release CD in seperate installments, maybe 2 albums or 3 over the course of a few years. From the amount of material that existed, and all of the Axl quotes, Baz quotes and even Brain May quotes. it's not hard to come to that conclusion, but it will be interesting to see if Axl follows his plan through.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:31:49 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Izzy Joel
Opening Act

« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2010, 07:31:55 AM »

patient wait time it takes the new album, GN'R fans are accustomed to expect

DOUBLE TALKIN' JIVE MOTHERF***ERS !!!
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2010, 09:19:50 AM »

I remember telling Ron in Dec, 2008. That I thought his Catcher In The Rye solo, was better than Brain Mays'. Ron was very humble, and kept on saying "nah, nah".  Wink

But I think the Brian May interview from 2008, indicates that Axls intention from the early 2000s. Was to release CD in seperate installments, maybe 2 albums or 3 over the course of a few years. From the amount of material that existed, and all of the Axl quotes, Baz quotes and even Brain May quotes. it's not hard to come to that conclusion, but it will be interesting to see if Axl follows his plan through.

Agree, my guess is that at least one more CD with vocals it's already done since 2007/2008.
I got plenty quotes from members/ex members that indicates there are tons of new songs from the CD sessions, so... i dont understand some ppl saying that there is no new material..
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2010, 09:29:58 AM »

But to release a new record with unreleased Chinese-era tracks wouldnt take that much time, I assume. I mean, I think they are focusing in the tours now and when Axl feels the timing is right, they start to work on it to rerecord (if they didnt already) overdubs, mixing, mastering and dealing with label. Of course it takes time, but if it would be anythng like Chinese (with recordings ending in 2007), it would take a bit more or less than 2 years from now.

Of course, thats just speculation.

he said old chinese democracy songs which leads me to belive songs like silkworms so that was probablly what i thought the new album would have on it
If you mean "songs like Silkworms" as in industrial/eletronica style, I think you assumed way too much from Ron's words.

dealing with label... i think this is the main problem..
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2010, 10:42:14 AM »

But to release a new record with unreleased Chinese-era tracks wouldnt take that much time, I assume. I mean, I think they are focusing in the tours now and when Axl feels the timing is right, they start to work on it to rerecord (if they didnt already) overdubs, mixing, mastering and dealing with label. Of course it takes time, but if it would be anythng like Chinese (with recordings ending in 2007), it would take a bit more or less than 2 years from now.

Of course, thats just speculation.

he said old chinese democracy songs which leads me to belive songs like silkworms so that was probablly what i thought the new album would have on it
If you mean "songs like Silkworms" as in industrial/eletronica style, I think you assumed way too much from Ron's words.

dealing with label... i think this is the main problem..

It's probably best that we don't speculate and let things take their own natural course.

We need to keep in mind that the band has been touring successfully for nearly a year and it has only been two years since Chinese Democracy's release. We, as fans, really have no room at all to complain about the band's activity.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2010, 11:09:42 AM »

Nobody is complaining. Speculating on the new album has nothing to do with the band status - at least from me. IMHO, it's just fun to talk about new songs and production, there's no harm here.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2010, 11:36:27 AM »

The title is kinda misleading and that seems to confuse some people.

If you look at what he said and pick it apart, it's easier to see what he meant:

Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs

Notice that part.

We all know the band recorded material that didn't make it onto Chinese Democracy.

songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

This is true. But when talking about the first scenario, many of these steps can be skipped....

Which could be quicker than starting from scratch.

Also, what Dj talked about makes sense. Anyone who's seen the band on this tour can see how much chemistry they have. They've toured together around the world since December 2009.

It's no surprise if Dj is excited about the prospect of using all that energy to create something new.

What is still true is that there's no need to get mad at the band for not releasing "that promised album" soon.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 11:40:13 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2010, 11:52:25 AM »

its a big failure if GNR fail to deliver anything until 2012 in my opinion... If we're gonna wait 5-10 years for each album, we might as well be at HTGTH when we're 60 years old  hihi i mean it comes to a point where its just ridiculous.

It doesn't mean thats the case btw, im just saying IF they fail to deliver until 2012.

This tour has been going so good that its a terrible shame if they dont continue that professional register.

Thats my opinion at least

See, I don't think it's ridiculous.

When I'm 60, I will (hopefully) be riding in my self driving hover-car, rocking out to GnR on my Applesoft music implant, wondering when they're going to cryogenically defrost and "de-age" Mr. Rose for another round of GnR goodness.  That wish is true today, and will be true whether they drop another album or not.

I love the music we have so far....anything else, at this point, is a bonus.  CD was every bit as good as I'd hoped it would be...it's STILL in my car CD player, on my MP3 player, and on my PC's...and the songs are very much still in the regular rotation (just like the songs from Appetite, UYI, and Lies are).  I could care less how many copies it sold, so long as I have mine.   

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: