Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:05:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot says, "Don't expect a new album anytime soon".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot says, "Don't expect a new album anytime soon".  (Read 12887 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2010, 11:52:54 AM »

its a big failure if GNR fail to deliver anything until 2012 in my opinion... If we're gonna wait 5-10 years for each album, we might as well be at HTGTH when we're 60 years old

You're still here?

Wow.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2010, 12:15:34 PM »

You people sound like Axl's 80 years old. The guy is only 48 years old, I think he still has some quality years left in him. (CD proved that I think)

As for the eventual songs on the album - who gives a crap if it's "old" material which wasn't used (for God knows what reasons) on Chinese Democracy?

The fact is we are getting new music from our favorite band "soon" and that's what matters.

And for those who are whining about the songs beeing old and unused material for CD - what's the point in that? It's not like any of you heard those and don't like them.  Roll Eyes

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2010, 06:52:27 PM »

its a big failure if GNR fail to deliver anything until 2012 in my opinion... If we're gonna wait 5-10 years for each album, we might as well be at HTGTH when we're 60 years old

You're still here?

Wow.....

/jarmo

Im here to stay  Grin Lets see who hangs until then  hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2010, 06:59:57 PM »

Even if its old un-released material from the CD sessions , I'd love to hear it. I really hope we get an album at least in 2012. To show we don't have to wait 14-15 years again.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2010, 07:05:38 PM »

You're still here?

Wow.....

/jarmo

Considering you are you, I wouldn't bet money on you being here for too long....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2010, 07:24:25 PM »

You're still here?

Wow.....

/jarmo

Considering you are you, I wouldn't bet money on you being here for too long....

/jarmo

Why not? I am  Grin

I might even set a tent  here haha

You better have some good bootlegs on your site though  hihi keep them coming

All things aside you do have a sexy website! So i plan on staying
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 07:39:21 PM by Halo69 » Logged

axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 11:25:28 PM »

he said old chinese democracy songs which leads me to belive songs like silkworms so that was probablly what i thought the new album would have on it

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
cineater
Legend

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 12:49:50 AM »

DJ did clue us into where we can find it, it's up Axl's sleeves.  Time for a body search which is far more fun then when it was in his cd player in the car.  Probably what happen to the Bentley.  Grin

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 05:25:07 AM »

I bet Bumblefoot speaks the truth, this just feels like so, he seems to know how things are done in GNR. It's sad that things are going so slow in GNR camp, but i guess that's just how things go nowadays.. I'm glad that they are touring though, better than nothing. It has been 2 years from CD now, i think many fans will be frustrated if the album isn't out until 2014 or something like that. And yes, Axl has many years left, but he also has very many amazing songs left unreleased that fans are eager to hear.

I think CD tour ends in 2011 and then there's a break, but after that something has to happen, so 2012 is the first potential year for the new CD if you ask me.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 05:31:46 AM by Jude » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 05:31:10 AM »

But to release a new record with unreleased Chinese-era tracks wouldnt take that much time, I assume. I mean, I think they are focusing in the tours now and when Axl feels the timing is right, they start to work on it to rerecord (if they didnt already) overdubs, mixing, mastering and dealing with label. Of course it takes time, but if it would be anythng like Chinese (with recordings ending in 2007), it would take a bit more or less than 2 years from now.

Of course, thats just speculation.

he said old chinese democracy songs which leads me to belive songs like silkworms so that was probablly what i thought the new album would have on it
If you mean "songs like Silkworms" as in industrial/eletronica style, I think you assumed way too much from Ron's words.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 06:50:57 AM »

It might not be a good idea for Axl to release the old chinese democracy songs as a new album, i mean with that staple on it.

However maybe Axl could think about releasing a small boxset with the songs that are already done from the Chinese Democracy sessions.

"Chinese Democracy revisited" or something like that, im sure all the fans would buy it, since we all are eager to hear new music.

We dont care if its from the new band with Ashba or not, we just want to hear something new, something refreshing

Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 07:25:34 AM »

It might not be a good idea for Axl to release the old chinese democracy songs as a new album, i mean with that staple on it.

It's not as if most of the public would even know that they are"Chinese era" songs. Most, myself included, would view it as new material by Guns N Roses. When the songs were originally conceived will play little to no factor.

We dont care if its from the new band with Ashba or not, we just want to hear something new, something refreshing

You may not care if Ashba is featured, but please don't act as if you are speaking for everybody. I love the current lineup and certainly want to see one of GNR's lead guitarists featured.
BlackAces
Headliner

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 07:32:47 AM »

The most important thing, in my opinion, is to do everything possible to keep this very strong momentum building up.
Things have been going very well for GNR for many months now and their popularity, as well as fanbase, seems to be skyrocketing.

The CD tour is not over yet, and the USA tour in 2011 is a very good move.

After the tour is over I would very much like to see a new album relatively quickly, within months if possible. Maybe a (commercially cleaver) single out as quickly as possible. This way the new album itself would keep the momentum building up.

Will the next album be "old" CD era stuff or totally new songs made by current line-up? Personally I`d prefer a CD2 album out fast and a current line-up album maybe a year after the tour. BUT this is not necessarily what they SHOULD do....because THE most important thing is that the next album is as HUGE a success as possible. The time for Guns n roses to reclaim their rightful spot as NO 1 rock band in the world is right after the current world tour is over and they can do it with a good, well promoted and "commercially cleaver" new album.  If the rest of the CD era songs qualify as such.....great let`s have CD2 in 2011. Otherwise I think they should get to work with totally new album, release it first and then (maybe a year after) release CD2 (+maybe/hopefully CD3).
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 08:34:24 AM »

It's not as if most of the public would even know that they are"Chinese era" songs. Most, myself included, would view it as new material by Guns N Roses. When the songs were originally conceived will play little to no factor.

You may not care if Ashba is featured, but please don't act as if you are speaking for everybody. I love the current lineup and certainly want to see one of GNR's lead guitarists featured.

Well i give preference to see Ashba on the record, but if Axl doesn't want to remix the songs he already has i wouldn't mind as long as they release it.

I think the best thing really would be for Axl to release all the material he has from the chinese democracy era, call it a day on that era, finally making a final statement on it, and start working on a new album with the band and Ashba.

Its time to close the chinese democracy chapter for good in my opinion (after the tour) and start working on something refreshing.

draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »

I most definitely concur with that opinion. Close the chapter on CD era stuff. I want to hear what DJ and Bumble can do with original material. They just seem to have  better chemistry with the band. Oh and I hope the the U.S. tour starts in the NJ/NYC area.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 09:42:44 AM »

I would like to see one more tour here in the States-honestly, anytime soon sounds like don't look  for anything in the next 2 or 3 years, minimum.

libertad
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 10:12:15 AM »

I would like to see one more tour here in the States-honestly, anytime soon sounds like don't look  for anything in the next 2 or 3 years, minimum.

Personally myself, I'd like to see the US Tour done and dusted, then a release or two of some new material as singles, something that hasn't been heard anywhere.  From this I'd like to see the unreleased stuff from CD 2 with  Ashba and done on a new/independent label as an album, called maybe Democracy Achieved... and then future tours done under a new name. In my view, the CD name is something that has hamstrung the band and Axl.  It conjures up all kinds of negative shit that pushed the 14years wait, reclusive Axl, hired guns always late yadda, yadda, yadda buttons since Y2K.

A new era is due in my opinion, one where ridicule stops and a change of heart from those that can advise Axl in a positive way to do a few high profile interviews that allows him to be heard.  A set of tv or radio interviews where he is able to finally kill the ghost of the 1990's once and for all and be allowed to release the material that they are capable of, free of ridicule and with a more informed public knowing they still have it. A game changer if you like.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:29 AM »

We have a long wait ladies and gentleman  Sad

John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 10:19:57 AM »

Why does everyone feel the need to provide GN'R with a release strategy?

It's funny how diverse they all are too.

It'll be done when its done. Until then, there's plenty to look forward to - a US tour, Australian gigs, possible Eastern European dates etc.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 10:33:04 AM »

I want to hear what DJ and Bumble can do with original material. They just seem to have  better chemistry with the band.

Completely agree. The current lineup's combination of talent and chemistry makes me really excited to hear what they can come up with in the studio.   

Even if it does take 5-6 years to record, I think that fans should be patient. I believe the payoff will be well worth it.  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: