Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot says, "Don't expect a new album anytime soon".
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot says, "Don't expect a new album anytime soon".  (Read 12893 times)
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« on: November 11, 2010, 08:19:56 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES fans shouldn't expect a new studio album from the band anytime soon, according to the band's guitarist, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. Even though GUNS N' ROSES axeman D.J. Ashba said in an interview at last week's launch party for the "Call Of Duty: Black Ops" video game that the band is "throwing around a bunch of ideas" for its next CD, Bumblefoot doesn't believe that a new GN'R album will surface in the foreseeable future. He writes on his Facebook page, "We've yet to get in a room and write as a band." He adds, " know D.J. mentioned something about a new album, but don't want y'all expecting anything soon. Other than old unreleased ['Chinese Democracy'] songs, songs need to be written, jammed, recorded, tweaked, re-worked, re-recorded, mixed, re-mixed, mastered, re-mastered, art, new art, label approval, a game plan from the label that Axl [Rose, lead singer] approves.... not as simple when it's on such a big scale... Just don't want ya getting frustrated if a GN'R album doesn't happen quick..."

Rose himself hinted in an interview back in 2002 that he had compiled enough songs to release follow-ups to "Chinese Democracy" in rapid succession, saying, "The plan is to drop the record. Have a bunch of extra tracks . . . about a year or so down the road, drop another record, and drop a third record. This is a three stage thing; we'll be touring for a real long time."

In addition to Ashba, Thal and sole original member Rose, the current lineup of GUNS N' ROSES includes guitarist Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer.

GUNS N' ROSES' latest album, "Chinese Democracy", was released in November 2008 as a Best Buy exclusive, 17 years after the last all-original GUNS sets, "Use Your Illusion I" and "II". The album was a commercial disappointment, selling less than one million copies in the U.S. (according to Nielsen SoundScan) despite the long wait.

Bumblefoot joined GUNS N' ROSES in early 2006 as the replacement for Buckethead. He made his live debut with the band at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City on May 12, 2006.

Ashba joined GUNS N' ROSES in March 2009 following the departure of Robin Finck.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=149257&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blabbermouth+%28Blabbermouth.net%27s+Daily+Headlines%29
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »

less than one million copies in the U.S? I thought it was much more. what a commercial flop.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 09:32:27 PM »

Well, like I said in another thread, it sounds like Thal has a better grip on this than many people do.  He speaks the truth.  Don't get all excited about it because you know it's not going to happen quickly at all.  Rapid succession?  My ass.   
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:00:03 PM »

we got chinese democracy, everything else from here on in is a bonus.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2010, 11:15:45 PM »

Word. This is the best way to look at it for sure. We are lucky CD actually got released. Anything else is just a bonus you are right.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Duke Nukem
Opening Act

Here today ...

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2010, 11:32:42 PM »

I think the fact that we got Chinese Democracy at all was a bonus. I can only imagine the hell Axl fought through to get this masterpiece to us.

Another album at this point is an extremely unrealistic and unfair expectation for any fan to have so shortly after Chinese Democracy's release. I, for one, am very excited that the band is out there giving this album the promotion that it deserves. With any luck, the band will tour the US in 2011 and then follow-up with some added dates or enjoy some down time after their highly succesful tour.

cineater
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 11:46:58 PM »

I don't understand why, when they are all together out on the road, they don't at least have the frame work of some new songs in the works.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Gunsguy
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 12:07:35 AM »

I don't understand why, when they are all together out on the road, they don't at least have the frame work of some new songs in the works.

How do we know they don't?  I mean we don't know the plan, is the next album old stuff left over, is it a mix of stuff?  Are they bringing ideas to the table for future use?  We don't know at all. 
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 04:23:43 AM »

I was convinced that a new album would come out in November 2011, i was really convinced of that, but after this, im not expecting any albums to drop within the next 5 years.

All Ashba said was that it wouldnt take the same time as Chinese Democracy... Chinese Democracy took more than 10 years, so im guessing he means it will take 3 to 5 years to complete the new album...

When the tour is over im gonna take a break from this band, i think we should all do the same and go one with our lives until something hints a return.. Thats my advice Grin

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:22:49 AM »

Funny how people from Blabbermouth are so quick to get anything from here (I assume, maybe from MyGNR) to make a headline.

Anyways, Bumblefoot is writing for his solo effort, but he already said many times how he would like to write and record from the scratch with the current line-up. Hope that happens soon as he seems inspired to do so.

Axlfanatic
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:58:20 AM »

I think B-Foot is just doing a little damage control- doesn't mean a new album isn't in the pipeline but we shouldn't expect it in a matter of months, maybe a couple years when all is said & done- which is fine.
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2010, 07:10:29 AM »

To be honest, when I heard people suggesting it could be out within the next year I wondered what they'd been smoking.

Even DJs statement doesnt suggest its about to drop. BBF is just clarifying that.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2010, 07:33:02 AM »

Who knows how many or if any CD era songs R' already complete..Perhaps B-Foot isn't interested in playing on songs already written like he did on CD..
I say clean out the CD era closet N' get this new kick ass lineup working on new tunes..Scrap the tour N' write/record...We aint gettin' any younger!!
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »

Who knows how many or if any CD era songs R' already complete..Perhaps B-Foot isn't interested in playing on songs already written like he did on CD..
I say clean out the CD era closet N' get this new kick ass lineup working on new tunes..Scrap the tour N' write/record...We aint gettin' any younger!!

Scrap the tour?

Take it you have no intention to go to the US dates then.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2010, 08:32:23 AM »

To be honest, when I heard people suggesting it could be out within the next year I wondered what they'd been smoking.

Even DJs statement doesnt suggest its about to drop. BBF is just clarifying that.
Exactly.  No need for people to be hating on DJ for making comments about a possible next album.  The guy never promised anything or gave an exact time frame.  People just jumped to their own conclusions.  Ron's been down this road before, so he decided to jump in and stop the madness before it got out of control.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2010, 08:32:52 AM »

Atleast we are talking about more unheard GNR music !

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2010, 08:50:05 AM »

I'm sure there is a lot of business stuff to sort thru before new music is released. They need to put out an album where the band has creative control over all the content and have a good marketing plan to get it in front of as many people as possible without whoring it and the band out to the media.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2010, 10:53:10 AM »

Between rehearsing, soundchecking, traveling, and playing shows I don't imagine there's a bunch of time for everyone to sit around writing new stuff. Tours can be grueling and you're usually just trying to catch some sleep during any downtime.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2010, 11:16:10 AM »

its a big failure if GNR fail to deliver anything until 2012 in my opinion... If we're gonna wait 5-10 years for each album, we might as well be at HTGTH when we're 60 years old  hihi i mean it comes to a point where its just ridiculous.

It doesn't mean thats the case btw, im just saying IF they fail to deliver until 2012.

This tour has been going so good that its a terrible shame if they dont continue that professional register.

Thats my opinion at least

Oh My God i cant deny this...
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »

It doesn't mean thats the case btw, im just saying IF they fail to deliver until 2012.

Not that simple. The word 'deliver' means many things to the many different people involved in any future release.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: