Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 11:22:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 years since chinese democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 years since chinese democracy  (Read 18600 times)
spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 10:09:54 AM »

Sorry.......

Was just reading, and felt the need to defend myself, that was all, it is in no way my intention to, erm, troll? (some explanation required?)

But, point taken, will remove myself.....
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 11:53:04 AM »

Hey Jarmo, i dont understand why my post was deleted, i guess because of the "leaking season" part, but i was just kidding man.

Sure it would be great to have some leaks, but hey... i bought the album, as a matter of fact i bought two versions of the album.

the original one and the shm-cd version, so i dont think my comment is offensive at all... but i apologize if that was kind of offensive to you

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 12:18:10 PM »

Classical album. I listen to it almost everyday and is no way near "done" with it, nor lyrically nor musically, just awsome record!

It's wort a goat or two...or maybe som Jack Daniels, which was what I was drinking first time I listended to it. Was I smoking cigarr? Too drunk to remember...

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 12:39:47 PM »

Great album, and for those of us who were around since the Illusions, we can all appreciate it just a little bit more cant we?  It is a different kind of record, especially for Guns.  I wish it was more accepted here in the States, but some people were out to hate it from the start, it never really had much of a chance to be a commercial success.  Nevermind how the ball was dropped about 80 different ways upon its release.  But thats the nature of the business, I'm just glad we have the record and we can all enjoy it.  It goes back to my philosophy on music, whats good is not always popular and what is popular is not always good.  It couldn't be more true in this case.  Truly great record that I will always listen to, until im 100, if I go that long.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 12:42:53 PM »

True... theres not a single album of GNR's discography that i dont love. Theres not a single song on GNR's discography that i dont love too Grin

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 12:55:28 PM »

I just realised this is the first time in my whole life that I listen to an album (more tracks, less tracks, depending the day) on a daily basis for 2 consecutive years.

Something similar happened to me with The Beatles' White Album and Sabbath's Paranoid. But trust me this time it was on a REAL daily basis.

Bet GNR album ever, the best of the decaded IMHO and one of the best in rock history. Never thought one of this things before of a GNR album, and I am a long time fan...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 01:01:59 PM »

Hey Jarmo, i dont understand why my post was deleted, i guess because of the "leaking season" part, but i was just kidding man.

Sure it would be great to have some leaks, but hey... i bought the album, as a matter of fact i bought two versions of the album.

the original one and the shm-cd version, so i dont think my comment is offensive at all... but i apologize if that was kind of offensive to you

Sorry if I don't see the humor in stealing from the band and fucking things up for them. For selfish reasons.

It also has very little to do with what the topic is about...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Street of the Blues
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 01:59:45 PM »

Hi Jarmo,

I know that you'd never divulge information that was not your to give out, but ...
Do you have any idea as to what is next for Guns N' Roses? Do you think that they will tour in the United States next year? Do you think that the shows this December are the final shows of the tour? Do you think they will release another album next year?

Thanks, I know you don't give out secrets, but anything you can say would be much appreciated.
I have been checking the net every day for the last 2 years for word of a U.S. tour and I am about to give up hope.

Happy 2nd Anniversary Chinese Democracy! And Happy 14th Anniversary Here Today ... Gone to Hell!!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 02:06:25 PM »

I still have my Chinese Democracy Vinyl sealed, it's like the holy grail in my house.  Grin

I still listen to CD, just as much when it was released. My favourite track is still This I Love with Better being a close 2nd. When I think back to the release now, it brings back so many memories.

I booked a whole 2 weeks off work, just for the event of the release. I stayed up the whole night before, and then headed up to town while it was still pitch black dark.  hihi

And when I came home with the CD, I sat down as if I'd just discovered a rare diamond in the mountains on my travels.  Smiley

A really nice time for everyone on the boards too, everyone was excited and who can forget everyone taking pics of themselves with it.
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »

True... theres not a single album of GNR's discography that i dont love. Theres not a single song on GNR's discography that i dont love too Grin

I don't like The Spaghetti Incident myself, but I appreciate your devotion.  ok
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 02:34:32 PM »

Sorry if I don't see the humor in stealing from the band and fucking things up for them. For selfish reasons.

It also has very little to do with what the topic is about...

/jarmo

Its not about the stealing, its about wanting that bad to listening to good music, deep down inside you agree with me  Tongue

Insomnia
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 03:42:19 PM »

well like most of u....i waited and waited and waited for this album....for years.  i had already downloaded and heard many songs live in 02 and 06.  i have been GNR's biggest fan since 1988.  But to be honest...i haven't listened to it in a year and a half.  IT WAS JUST OK...NOTHING SPECIAL AND HAS NO REPLAY VALUE. 
For me is has Smiley And more than any earlier album now. I've been GNR fan since 1990 Wink
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »

No, I definitely don't agree with you.

I want to hear new GN'R music, BUT not at that price.

There's a difference. So stop trying to justify what you say by making up excuses.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 05:50:05 PM »

Amazing Album, The Best Of Decade... I Believe Chinese Democracy Sold:

7 Millions Of Copies Aprox, Good Sales

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 06:18:05 PM »

Amazing Album, The Best Of Decade... I Believe Chinese Democracy Sold:

7 Millions Of Copies Aprox, Good Sales

Chinese Democracy SOLD OUT ok

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2010, 09:19:39 PM »

My Favorite GN'R Album

it's like an all star line up with all the talented muscians that contributed to it well worth the wait.

My Top 7 Most Played songs on itunes

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Better
3. Shackler's Revenge
4. There Was A Time
5. This I Love
6. Prostitute
7. I.R.S

and on November 23 i will walk around with proud with my Chinese Democracy shirt listening to none other but they greatest album in the world Chinese Democracy

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2010, 09:28:20 PM »

Think about what journey this CD has been on, and the amount of effort and time put into it. Then think about all of the amazing musicians who are featured on it, it's just epic.

No other CD has been on the journey that CD has, it's truely unique and captures a moment in time. Never again will an album be so anticipated, as Chinese Democracy was.

Then if you try to think about the actual music, you will pass out. Because through all those factors, you will realise the pure awesomeness of CD.  ok
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:03 PM »

I don't have an itunes, but CD and Bumblefoot's Abnormal are the album I listened the most. I love it, and even though I was expecting a huge album, it blew me away in a brutal way. I love the old stuff, yes, but Catcher in the Rye, for me, is the best GnR song ever, This I Love the most beautiful GnR song ever, Shackler's Revenge the most intense song, Riad has the best riffs, etc. I simply love it in every possible way. Thank you, Axl. Thank you Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Robin, Paul Huge, Brain, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, etc. peace

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2010, 11:48:59 PM »

I don't have an itunes, but CD and Bumblefoot's Abnormal are the album I listened the most. I love it, and even though I was expecting a huge album, it blew me away in a brutal way. I love the old stuff, yes, but Catcher in the Rye, for me, is the best GnR song ever, This I Love the most beautiful GnR song ever, Shackler's Revenge the most intense song, Riad has the best riffs, etc. I simply love it in every possible way. Thank you, Axl. Thank you Bumblefoot, Buckethead, Robin, Paul Huge, Brain, Tommy, Chris, Dizzy, etc. peace

That's what I'm getting at.

If someone compiled a list of all the musicians, all the engineers, all the equipment. It would be the most talented and skilled people in the business, it can't get much better than the personel on CD.

I don't think Axl could have assembled a better band or personel line-up, if he could of handpicked people from all over the world. I also remember Brain saying he recorded his drums in an old temple on the roof of a studio. That's what I love, the epicness and larger than life feel that surrounds Chinese Democracy.

It's just a shame that the record company, dropped the ball regarding promoting the release.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 11:56:39 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
MC13
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2010, 10:44:07 AM »

One of the things that stands out for me is that virtually every track on the album has its passionate fans.

Another is that like most great albums, I had my initial favorites ("Better," "There Was a Time,"), then new faves emerged ("Prostitute," "If the World") and still others were slow burners that took a year or so to really sink in ("Scraped," "Catcher in the Rye.")

Two years later, it still hasn't gotten old.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: