Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 08:11:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228115 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  2 years since chinese democracy
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2 years since chinese democracy  (Read 17469 times)
richwoman
VIP

« on: November 02, 2010, 12:40:03 PM »

Just wanted to mention that the second anniversary of Chinese Democracy is coming up, and are we going to mark it in any way Smiley
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 12:41:12 PM »

Release of CD II!

Just kidding of course -- but I mean I remember walking into Best Buy that morning and seeing all the GNR stuff and being so excited, but then not being able to find a copy cause it wasn't on the shelf yet...
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 12:46:21 PM »

Release of CD II!

Just kidding of course -- but I mean I remember walking into Best Buy that morning and seeing all the GNR stuff and being so excited, but then not being able to find a copy cause it wasn't on the shelf yet...
LOL i pre-ordered and got it 2 days early when i got in from work it had been put on the settee so it was the first thing i saw when i walked in  Grin
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »

Highlights of my life include the first time I banged my wife, the birth of my kids, getting my marijuana medical card, finding my dog, and the release of Chinese Fucking Democracy (and not necessarily in that order...J/K (or something)).

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 02:21:09 PM »

I plan on listening to it quite a bit on November 23, just as an anniversary type thing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 03:35:49 PM »

Highlights of my life include the first time I banged my wife, the birth of my kids, getting my marijuana medical card, finding my dog, and the release of Chinese Fucking Democracy (and not necessarily in that order...J/K (or something)).

Your awesome!  Grin
DarrenLeves
Rocker

Rock In Hull

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 05:33:24 PM »

I was thinking that myself this morning. I still remember buying an actual copy of the album, whilst listening to it on my iPod and the woman at the checkout asked if I was in a hurry! - I think the GNR shirt may have give it away!
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 06:08:04 PM »

I planned on sacrificing a goat on the date it was released but I don't have a goat, so I guess I will just be getting on with my normal life......

cbeier78
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

well like most of u....i waited and waited and waited for this album....for years.  i had already downloaded and heard many songs live in 02 and 06.  i have been GNR's biggest fan since 1988.  But to be honest...i haven't listened to it in a year and a half.  IT WAS JUST OK...NOTHING SPECIAL AND HAS NO REPLAY VALUE.  if he has nothing better in store then my favorite band IS OFFICIALLY DEAD. 
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 07:45:20 PM »

I just really hope he puts something out before he's past his 50's or before he loses a great guitar player once again...

too bad we've seen more breakups then makeups
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 07:54:12 PM »

I just really hope he puts something out before he's past his 50's or before he loses a great guitar player once again...

too bad we've seen more breakups then makeups

I believe you mean that you hope THEY as in the band because GnR isn't all about Chirs Pitman ya know!
RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2010, 06:13:16 AM »

Grin Your posts r pure gold..

2 years later i realized that CD it's already a classic. To me is like Queen II, quality, complexity and leaves you wanting more.. i really hope that CD II some day rock my ears.

Classic albums don't die, they get better with time..

RusselNash
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 06:27:30 AM »

well like most of u....i waited and waited and waited for this album....for years.  i had already downloaded and heard many songs live in 02 and 06.  i have been GNR's biggest fan since 1988.  But to be honest...i haven't listened to it in a year and a half.  IT WAS JUST OK...NOTHING SPECIAL AND HAS NO REPLAY VALUE.  if he has nothing better in store then my favorite band IS OFFICIALLY DEAD. 

Well... that's your opinion..

The same thing happened to me with Velvet Revolver, Loaded and all Slash bands/solo work, the same type of generic formula, that's no replay value right there..

CD is an honest attempt to make something new and fresh, and for me it worked very well..

gnrfan1797
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 06:39:53 AM »

Well, then you were never a true fan to begin with
spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 08:20:34 AM »

Well, then you were never a true fan to begin with

i agree with cbeier78 , with the only exeption, that i never actually bought the album. I only listened to the tracks online, on the website....

To say some-one is not a real fan because he or she does not blindly loves everything a band makes seems a bit rude to me though?

But then again, people with 100's of lp's of that band are most likely never to listen them offcourse....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »

For something which I listen to almost every single day since it came out, I wouldnt label the album as having "no-replay value".

Also, if anyone even consider his/her "favorite band dead", then its time to logout. Seriously, youre not a fan anymore and there's nothing GNR can do about it.

spookeend
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 08:53:59 AM »

For something which I listen to almost every single day since it came out, I wouldnt label the album as having "no-replay value".

Also, if anyone even consider his/her "favorite band dead", then its time to logout. Seriously, youre not a fan anymore and there's nothing GNR can do about it.

if you not listen to the new stuff, and don't buy the new things, but want to enjoy the old stuff, am i still allowed to be a fan? Ok, not today's work, but well, still?

Ow never mind, i did not want to (re)start a long gone discussion at all, just saying some-one is not a true fan, seems somewhat rude to me, that was all.

I hope you all have a great day on the anniversary to come, really. peace
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 09:26:53 AM »

If you think a band still active is dead, no - you're not a fan anymore. You may love their previous work, but you're just a fan of part of the whole thing. Im sorry, but when I like only part of a band discography I dont call myself a fan - and I dont think thats a big deal, really.

spookeend
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 09:42:16 AM »

Would be a nice discussion though, to determine the definition of what a fan really is?

I mean, i have many items, been to live shows, collected stuff, paper clippings, all the things a fan would do, but, maybe, nowerdays, i might rather call myself a collector?
And you're right, it is now big deal, sorry for that, but still, considering the fact that i really like the Guns N' Roses of the old days, and have collected so much things, not to be called "a true fan to begin with" seems just, well, a little of an offense, though i am not sure of the reason of that feeling......
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »

What the hell are you doing in this thread then?

Obviously it doesn't concern you because you didn't even bother buying the album.

Pointless trolling.

It's still the most listened album in my iTunes library.

My most played track changes all the time. Currently it's Shackler's Revenge. Probably because of the tour...  Cheesy

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: