Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 02:29:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who's in for a private GN'R Fan Show
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's in for a private GN'R Fan Show  (Read 19051 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2010, 02:28:34 AM »

I'm in. Shit I should call my girl Rosario and see if she would hook this up for us. Maybe for her next birthday party.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2010, 04:41:00 AM »

On second thoughts, after sleeping on it, I don't think this is an accurate way to gague fan response at all.

The first post doesnt explain the question, and half of the responses are venue-dependent.

I'm sure we'd get 1000+ if this was a 4 year ticket sale, but obviously that isnt practial either.

This issue needs to be addressed in a better way.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 04:55:43 AM by John » Logged

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2010, 04:54:52 AM »

On facebook 243,000 people are 'fans' of the band. If just 0.4% of those were interested, we'd be on. And thats ignoring anyone else.

Then theres the message boards, non-internet folk and word of mouth.

But lets not kid ourselves, we're a world away at the minute. And this needs to be looked at in the right way, even if it turns out to have been a pretty stupid idea in the end.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
BlackAces
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2010, 06:02:07 AM »

On facebook 243,000 people are 'fans' of the band. If just 0.4% of those were interested, we'd be on. And thats ignoring anyone else.

Actually....3 821 539 Facebook fans right now Smiley
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 06:34:40 AM »

I'm in if its around $1000. anymore than that and its too rich for me blood. Actually its too rich all ready but I can come up with it for GNR. My vote is for Vegas too. Vegas can be cheaper then traveling to other major cities as long as you don't gamble. lol

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 09:42:53 AM »

Actually....3 821 539 Facebook fans right now Smiley

I must have looked on the unofficial page.

So whats that then, 0.02% of people.

Shall we move on to logistics ? Wink

Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 09:44:46 AM »

Is this even possible? From a pure security stand point I doubt GN'R management will arrange a show for a bunch of people gathered over the Internet.
If we can come up with the money that is...

Fuck 'Em All.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2010, 09:58:39 AM »

Dont you guys think the place would be an issue? I mean, everyone wants it in their own country/state...

John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2010, 10:07:06 AM »

Dont you guys think the place would be an issue? I mean, everyone wants it in their own country/state...

Absolutely. And that's part of the reason this thread is misleading.

But there's also a lot of people for whom the venue wouldnt matter (willingness to travel) and also provided the venue is in the right place, 1000 is not that many people. Not really. 

Hoosizzit
Opening Act

Here Today...Hopefully Tomorrow

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2010, 10:31:54 AM »

How about in my garage!   I will fire up the grill !    Everybody can just bring along a covered dish and lots of alcohol.

August 2 1988      Indianapolis, IN
May 29 1991        Noblesville, IN
December 2 2011 Cincinnati, OH
December 8 2011  Indianapolis, IN
June 4  2014         Las Vegas, NV
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2010, 10:58:30 AM »

NYC, Boston, Providence....I'm there.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2010, 11:25:47 AM »

As some have said before... this might be very difficult to pull off, pleasing everybody. Especially since we're pretty much scattered all over the world.

I was thinking, since this idea sort of bloomed from the fact that the message board is having an anniversary and this would be something for the hard core fans. What about some sort of PPV webcast, where the board members come together (not only this one), and have the opportunity say a month or two in advance to vote for a setlist from a selection of songs.

Some people are unnessesarily always bitching about setlists, not really understanding what it's really about. If GN'R plays a show somewhere, they're playing for the fans attending - of which most are casual fans extremely happy with the setlist.

This could be a one off opportunity to maybe play some "unfamiliar" songs to a group of hardcore fans. Fans celebrating sticking together for so many years now. What about doing it in some studio or something (the webcast), and maybe the band members could devote some time to answer a few fan questions in between.

I suggest it to be a PPV, not demanding the band to do it for free.. It would be a really cool thing in my eyes anyway.  peace

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2010, 11:36:40 AM »

I remember having trouble selling 100 t-shirts to people here. And those didn't cost $1000 each either....

Don't get your hopes up.

The concept in itself is pretty cool.

But maybe there are other ways to do it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »

Maybe they can stream it live on HTGTH?  and only board members can watch it.   That way everyone can get a chance to see it cause we have such a diverse fan base from all of the world.  Otherwise I vote for NYC!  I am still not over missing out on those  secret shows earlier this year..  no
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »

One idea is to have it the concert take place somewhere (NYC/LA/Vegas) and stream it elsewhere, online for people to watch at home, or there could even be organized events at small clubs/theatres/venues where it's showing live? I know many movie theaters here in the USA broadcast live concerts, boxing matches, and operas - so this could be a good idea? Fathom Events is a name of one company that does it through AMC Movie Theaters here in the US.

For NY some venues I suggest thinking about... Gramercy Theater, Best Buy Theater, Terminal 5, Hammerstein Ballroom, Roseland Ballroom. Small venues, holding a max of a couple thousand people. Gramercy is very intimate, 1000 tops. If that.

If this does come to fruition you figure a couple thousand people would be willing to come to NY for it, and if you setup a simulcast elsewhere in the US/Worldwide it would bring in a lot more people.

Lot of stuff to start figuring out if we were to go forward with it, but it's an awesome idea in general.

*edit - stat about Gramcery
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 11:50:30 AM by cotis » Logged
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2010, 11:51:59 AM »

what about Axl`s garden i`ll  provide the pringles  rofl
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2010, 11:56:37 AM »

I believe theres been attempts to get a live stream going for quite some time now, perhaps not from this board, but others have certainly looked into it in the past. I think something along the lines of what cotis proposes is probably more viable though. I'm convinced we'd get 1000+ for a NYC/LA/VEGAS gig.

I don't think its very appealing to the band though, and whilst, as Jarmo acknowledges, arranging a private gig is very difficult, I do think we should at least explore the possibility.

I picture it more like the L'Arc set they played, but obviously we are not requesting an invite-only gig to be played for free. We'll need some $$.

As for the setlist idea, I think its generally quite a terrible one. There are thousands of fans who have no idea what HTGTH is, and for board members to be deciding the setlists of events they havent even paid to attend: its just not feesable. Maybe that's not quite what you meant, but thats how I read it.  Huh

« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:00:31 PM by John » Logged

Spirit
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2010, 12:03:42 PM »

As for the setlist idea, I think its generally quite a terrible one. There are thousands of fans who have no idea what HTGTH is, and for board members to be deciding the setlists of events they havent even paid to attend: its just not feesable. Maybe that's not quite what you meant, but thats how I read it.  Huh

I meant that this webcast idea would be a substitute for a live private show. So, if the whole thing was arranged with co-operation from the fan boards, the webcast would first of all be for the board members. Being a PPV event, we'll be paying for it.

I must emphasize, when I wrote that we could have the opportunity to hear some "unfamiliar" songs, I didn't mean unreleased/unheard songs. I simply meant that the setlist could contain some songs not so familiar to the casual fan. Not only their hits so to speak.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:13:02 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »

Just something I started to gauge further interest...

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=163813606972730
Farid Bak
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2010, 12:23:57 PM »

When I read this I had a crazy idea, why not have a HD live Stream event for the online fans (charge ofcorse) that way no matter where you are in the world you can get a good close look at GNR, it wouldnt cost as much as 1k per ticket but there could be a lot more people that could attend

Here Today..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: