Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 03:17:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Who's in for a private GN'R Fan Show
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who's in for a private GN'R Fan Show  (Read 19065 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2010, 12:34:09 PM »

WTF. Having a private concert in NYC and streaming it to everyone else is pretty much like any other concert isn't it?. It should be equal for everyone. Hell, it needn't be a show either, I would be happy with anything exclusive for this site, be it a detailed question answer session, something interactive from the studio or a contest of some sort with giveaways. drool

Fuck 'Em All.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2010, 12:39:16 PM »

WTF. Having a private concert in NYC and streaming it to everyone else is pretty much like any other concert isn't it?. It should be equal for everyone. Hell, it needn't be a show either, I would be happy with anything exclusive for this site, be it a detailed question answer session, something interactive from the studio or a contest of some sort with giveaways. drool

Exactly. My idea would be to have a webcast from their studio in LA or some other cool site, not a stream from an actual concert. Well it would be a concert, but not with a live audience (except those watching at home). That would cut some costs as well I guess.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:41:15 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2010, 12:45:55 PM »

That's an idea, broadcasting live from their studio or something.

But then again, if it's broadcast on YouTube or something - how is it exclusive for "GNR fans"?

Undecided
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »

Doesn't have to be on youtube...

I'm sure there's other alternatives.

Sweetness is a virtue
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2010, 12:51:10 PM »

There are sites where you need a password to access the stream, not sure if YouTube supports that.
I don't particularly care whether it's "exclusive" or not, although it would be cool.

Fuck 'Em All.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2010, 12:55:52 PM »

My thought was that this thing was centered on something exclusive for the fans here "Private GN'R fan show". What you are talking about would be a live broadcast similar to what U2 did earlier this year, or even what some bands have done through MySpace having live streams playing to a small audience and a large online one.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

Just used it as an example...

There's uStream/YouTube/MySpace/LiveSteam that I can think of off the top of my head.

*edit Facebook may also do it, not sure though...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 12:59:12 PM by cotis » Logged
AC
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2010, 12:58:19 PM »

I'm in. Let me know how much. Wink

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2010, 12:59:36 PM »

I'm not suggesting the private show could be easily done. But some of these other ideas have been tried and for whatever reason never came off.

A private show for hardcore fans would be something special, something to aspire to.

Not sure the fans, or the band, would get anywhere near the same pleasure from a studio/empty room broadcast.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2010, 01:04:36 PM »

In which case it narrows it down to the people who can afford it and live in the area or can afford to get themselves there.

Fuck 'Em All.
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2010, 01:05:14 PM »

There's uStream/YouTube/MySpace/LiveSteam that I can think of off the top of my head.

If it's only advertised here on the boards, it would bring some degree of exlusivity. Of course the word would get out outside these areas, but not to the same proportions as if it was put up on GN'R's facebook or something.

If GN'R themselves would agree to do something like this, it would of course be their choice on how they wish to do this.

Another point is that the U2 concert on youtube you mentioned was a free webcast, and meant to be seen by as many as possible. This is really not the case with this idea, and by charging  for the event (that's pretty fair considering it would be a request by us), most casual fans would probably not pay for a live stream.

Sweetness is a virtue
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2010, 01:08:10 PM »

In which case it narrows it down to the people who can afford it and live in the area or can afford to get themselves there.

That's right, and thereby lies the problem.

If they did this private live show in let's say LA. There would be a very small amount of people coming from Europe, Japan, South America, Australia etc... Just because the cost would be too much. Some could afford it yes, but not the majority.

Sweetness is a virtue
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2010, 01:13:06 PM »

I'm just patiently waiting for the next NYC show.  Please please come in 2011!

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2010, 01:13:48 PM »

I'm not suggesting the private show could be easily done. But some of these other ideas have been tried and for whatever reason never came off.

A private show for hardcore fans would be something special, something to aspire to.

Not sure the fans, or the band, would get anywhere near the same pleasure from a studio/empty room broadcast.

Of course nothing can compare to actually attending a live concert, but one should look at it realistically.

I think a Guns N' Roses "studio show" for us would be pretty damn cool.

Sweetness is a virtue
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2010, 01:15:48 PM »

If it's only advertised here on the boards, it would bring some degree of exlusivity. Of course the word would get out outside these areas, but not to the same proportions as if it was put up on GN'R's facebook or something.

If GN'R themselves would agree to do something like this, it would of course be their choice on how they wish to do this.

Another point is that the U2 concert on youtube you mentioned was a free webcast, and meant to be seen by as many as possible. This is really not the case with this idea, and by charging  for the event (that's pretty fair considering it would be a request by us), most casual fans would probably not pay for a live stream.

Charging is not a bad idea, but how can one guarantee that the quality will be at it's utmost?

I will not pay for a broadcast that will become bogged down when thousands of other people try to watch, not to mention if it's not in HD or the best quality that can be provided.

Maybe I'm alone here - but watching a webcast that I have to pay for, which becomes choppy and cuts out once in awhile due to bandwith or server issues, will not cut it.

I would much rather pay the cost and go see it live wherever it may be, rather than waste my money chancing it online.

*editThe U2 show when I was watching had stream issues and cut out, some MySpace stuff (VR to name) had issues and cut in and out. Just saying this streaming idea, while nice in general, does have a lot of issues. Now it may not be feasible for some people to attend (if it were a live show) and that's fine, and they will have to resort to the webcast -- OR THE DVD WHEN IT IS RELEASED! hihi ok
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 01:17:58 PM by cotis » Logged
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2010, 01:21:04 PM »

Charging is not a bad idea, but how can one guarantee that the quality will be at it's utmost?

I will not pay for a broadcast that will become bogged down when thousands of other people try to watch, not to mention if it's not in HD or the best quality that can be provided.

Maybe I'm alone here - but watching a webcast that I have to pay for, which becomes choppy and cuts out once in awhile due to bandwith or server issues, will not cut it.

I would much rather pay the cost and go see it live wherever it may be, rather than waste my money chancing it online.

I'm no tech wiz, so how to guarantee a stable stream I'm not sure.

One idea could be to send out passwords for everyone paying for the stream, so one gets the chance to download the show afterwards - full HD.

Sweetness is a virtue
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2010, 01:28:42 PM »

Unique passwords for each person would be an idea...one password = one entry = one download at the end.

I'm still all for a live show, with broadcasting being another option.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »

The concept in itself is pretty cool.

But maybe there are other ways to do it.

Just to clarify.

There's many things that has to be in place for a show to be booked.

First off, the band has to be on tour....

Then you need a venue etc.

That's a lot of work in itself.

The "easiest" way as far as I can tell to organize something like this is to take a "regular" show and turn it into a "fans only" show...

Let's say there's a show in a smaller more intimate venue. Then you have a pre-sale or provide some kind of logistics to make sure the fans get the tickets first.

Could be a fan club thing or something similar....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2010, 01:41:19 PM »

^ that sounds like a cracking idea jarmo.  ok

Although i would happily pay to see a 'private' show also.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2010, 01:43:54 PM »

Definitely an awesome idea. Or how about say in NY, we have a fan meet up and then somehow after or the next day GNR have one of those private gigs but whoever attended the NY show gets put on the list, u just have to show your ticket stub to get in the private one?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: