Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 02:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228524 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  HELP! Itunes problem!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP! Itunes problem!  (Read 2547 times)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« on: October 20, 2010, 07:11:52 PM »

So i keep getting this problem with Itunes... whenever i want to transfer new apps to my iphone, and i put the sync going, it follows the usual steps but then on the second step it says that i need to authorize the computer, then the box with login and password comes up on my screen and i fill that in, and it says "This computer was already authorized", and then the box appears again, time and time again, and it wont let the sync continue.

Its pretty impossible for me right now to put apps from my itunes to my iphone, and whenever i do i need to delete the ones i bought directly from the iphone.

I tried everything, even uninstall itunes and install it again.  confused

Whats going on? can anyone explain?

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 07:14:11 PM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 10:03:45 PM »

I know zero about this kind of stuff but I found these 2 suggestions in iTunes Help.

De-authorize your computer and the re-authorize it.

Or maybe try this:

If you have iOS 3.1 or later, you can also do the following:

Drag applications from the list on the left to the home screen on the right.

Arrange your device?s home screens by dragging application icons to where you want them to appear.

Click Apply.

Hope this helps.  Smiley

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 04:29:19 AM »

Thats what i do and it still wont let me do it.

Now it got even worst.... i was able to put 2 or 3 apps of the 10 i wanted to put on my iphone, but it deleted the ones i had...

So now, ill have to download Street Fighter again, facebook, msn etc... For fuck sakes.... If theres something in Apple which is a piece of crap is Itunes... what a worthless program...

Thanks anyways though ok

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 05:55:13 PM »

I've seen iTunes issues like this before.  There can be a number of things that cause it, but I'd recommend contacting Apple for help.  I'm pretty certain that's your only solution, as it's due to something on Apple's end and not on your end.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »

What a piece of shit Itunes is since they went to that Ping or whatever the fuck it is.

It erased every bit of my music and I had to reload all of it back in.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 10:52:08 PM »

I've always had problems with itunes myself, the few times I used it.  Where the hell does the song get saved onto my computer once I've downloaded it?  Or how do I get the song onto my computer where I want it to go?  Anyone know?

Better still, are there any download sites now that Limewire is gone?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 11:36:43 PM »

Where the hell does the song get saved onto my computer once I've downloaded it?  Or how do I get the song onto my computer where I want it to go?  Anyone know?
Not sure this is what you're asking and there are probably other ways to do this but this is how I do it.  Hope it helps.  Smiley

IF YOU'RE USING AN APPLE: the songs get saved in iTunes in the Library (top left of the iTunes screen) where it says Music. (It also might be in your download file.  Use the "Finder" if you're having trouble locating it.)  To get it to go somewhere else, you hold the control button down while you click/highlight on the song you want to move and drag it to wherever you want it to go.

IF YOU'RE USING A PC:  they're in the same place in iTunes as they are on the apple but they're also in your "My Music" folder.  To put them somewhere else from your My Music, you click/highlight on the song and then on the left side of the screen you'll see one of the choices is "Move selected item".  Click on that and another window will open that will let you pick wherever you want it to be move to.  Highlight where you want it to go and click OK.

I don't know what Limewire is so maybe someone else will help you out with that.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2010, 03:05:43 AM »

Thanks I'll try that.   Smiley

Limewire was the successor to Napster; a free site that was available for 10 years.  Recently, the courts ruled it had to shut down its services.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2010, 07:43:24 AM »

What a piece of shit Itunes is since they went to that Ping or whatever the fuck it is.

It erased every bit of my music and I had to reload all of it back in.

true! The lastest version of Itunes is a piece of crap! Which is unfortunate since i love Apple.

Its stupid that you have to maintain all your iphone apps in their original file, where they were downloaded to, otherwise your iphone will sync them and they wont be there, so consequently they get deleted from your phone, and ull have to download them again...
With the old version, u just had to maintain them in the itunes app thing and you wouldnt need to maintain it outside of itunes in your computer.

As for the music... yeah, same thing happened to me, the music was there, but since i didnt have the cds on my pc anymore, i couldnt even listen to it, so it got deleted...and again before you just had to have the album on the itunes library and it would play and stay there.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: