Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 27, 2024, 02:05:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228114 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Oct 18th, 2010 Manchester, UK (Discussion)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oct 18th, 2010 Manchester, UK (Discussion)  (Read 39250 times)
tastyfish
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2010, 09:20:22 PM »

I just got home after been thrown out of the gig twice!!!!

Seems like a case of mistaken identity.  

The first time (just as seb was finishing), security came over to me and asked me to come to the back to talk to them, when we got there they said they had already thrown me out once and I should not be back in, I said no, not me, they said just come with us, I kept pleading my case, but walking with them and talking, didnt feel like a big deal but then they shut some doors and I realise, I'm on the outside.

Buy another ticket (seating) still have my standing wrsitband on, get back in, find a friend, while he goes to the bar, I'm stood against the wall texting, get grabbed "didn't I just see you get thrown out?" me, "no", guy shouts someone over, "yeah we just took him out, how the hell are you back in so quick?"  I'm out again.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2010, 09:46:53 PM »

hahaha fuck that sucks dude
Terminator
Headliner

D.T.U.D.

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2010, 10:23:18 PM »

Just got home, fucking brilliant show. That was the 5th time I'd seen Axl and probably the joint best show I've seen, along with London Hammersmith 2006.  ok

Baz looked in good shape, sounded great too. Not sure if he had a sore throat because he kept gargling water and rubbing his throat. I made eye contact and got a smile off him at one point when I was going note for note with him and rocking my head off. He held out his note for ages, staring at me! Cheesy

The wait sucked, but I'm used to it now. Baz was done by half 8, Guns didn't come on until just after 10.30pm. 2 hours of boredom. Good job I had my phone (and a hot chick with a nice rack stood next to me  hihi ) to keep me entertained. People booed, but what else do you expect? Not everyone has been to a GN'R show before. Not everyone knows Axl is notorious for coming on late. Hell, even I was getting pissed off with the wait, and I'm a hardcore fan. I was just fortunate in that I'd driven (I normally get the train) and that I'm off work tomorrow. So I had no curfew, it made no difference to me if they started at 9.30 or midnight. Had I not driven, I'd be sleeping rough in Manchester right about now....

Anyway, Axl and the lads were on top form. They were all very smiley, Axl especially. I couldn't tell that he had a sore throat, in fact he fucking nailed every note.

I was at the front barrier, centre stage all show. I managed to make eye contact with Axl at one point, and even got a smile from him! It was during November Rain, I had both hands aloft displaying the peace sign and I was rocking my head off to Bumble's solo. This was a great point. Smiley

At one point, I forget which, Bumble was centre stage and looked down at where I was. I began rubbing my hands around my mouth, as if I was scratching a beard. He laughed and started to tug at his back to me. Cheesy

Great set list. I was a little disappointed they didn't do Nice Boys, but they did Don't Cry, and that meant a hell of a lot more to me. Smiley

They finished by my watch at 1:07am. 2 and a half hour show, thank you very much!

Those pics look great, I'll check em properly tomorrow and see if I can spot myself. I do have pics but I'll post them tomorrow, I need sleep right now. Grin
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 10:27:34 PM by Terminator » Logged

GN'R 07/06/06, 11/06/06, 23/07/06, 29/08/10, 18/10/10, 20/05/12

VR 01/09/04, 16/01/05, 09/06/05, 11/06/07, 15/03/08

Slash 03/07/10, 21/07/11, 08/10/12, 01/03/13
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »

I think DJ went to the wrong after party  hihi
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
What happens in Manchester stays in Manchester.  Wink

DjASHBA Dj ASHBA?
Jack and Jill went up the hill so Jack could lick Jill's fanny. Jack got a shock and a mouthful of cock, 'cause Jill is a fucking tranny!
15 minutes ago
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:03:55 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2010, 11:05:12 PM »

bumblefoot Bumblefoot
Audience pics at the Oct 18 Manchester @gunsnroses show posted - tag yourself!!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=199989&id=6055603084
3 minutes ago

gunsnroses Guns N' Roses
Thanks again Manchester your patience and support are much appreciated! next scheduled stop - FRIDAY Zaragoza, Spain 1.?Vamos
1 hour ago

gunsnroses Guns N' Roses
Manchester MEN, Women and Children - thank you! and thanks to all of England for great leg of the tour!
2 hours ago

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
cineater
Legend

« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2010, 11:48:32 PM »

I think DJ went to the wrong after party  hihi
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
What happens in Manchester stays in Manchester.  Wink

DjASHBA Dj ASHBA?
Jack and Jill went up the hill so Jack could lick Jill's fanny. Jack got a shock and a mouthful of cock, 'cause Jill is a fucking tranny!
15 minutes ago

Cool  One should listen and learn from Aerosmith.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2010, 03:59:09 AM »

what a great night just had a look at what people are saying i have to say the wait didn`t bother me i was txting and chatting i think most of the booing is quite good natured, it`s so different being there to looking at updates on the computer, we had a fat streaker! hats off to the person who txted the screen to cheer if they wanted him back in(he was let in) also we had some guy come past us with 4 pints spilling them all down the aisle and when he got to his seat he dropped them hihi all keeps you occupied
so to the show it couldn`t have started better than with blue moon(thanks Axl) he was in such a great mood there obviously getting  the end of the road feeling! new we were in for a good time when we got shacklers and better his voice was just incredible he did get quite chatty couldn`t alway catch what he said he had a laugh about some huge pants that were thrown on stage("granny panties/his lucky granny panties")dj had them on his head near the end!
the people i took with me 2 of them had never been to a show ever! they loved it loved Axl and they loved Richard DJ and Bumbles solo stuff my highlight was hearing Better shacklers and irs  ok so my voice has gone a bit my legs are aching my god it gets hot with the pyro got in at 2.45 LOVED IT thanks guns n roses for a great night please don`t wait 4 years to come back and Axl get this band in the studio.p.s thought Dj would be good and he is but Axl`s is king saw jarmo but was to busy buying t shirts(bought 3 and a bandana got to help Axl with his curfew bill somehow hihi) beer
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #107 on: October 19, 2010, 05:36:28 AM »

The greatest show on earth.

Phenomenal show, and the best concert I've ever been to.

Aerosmith a not so close second.

What a night.

Should have some rather nice video for you guys later, not got that much though, couple of full tracks and then some snippets, but strong quality.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2010, 06:20:51 AM »

Just got back into Birmingham, and what a show.  Smiley

First of all, what the hell was that intro music, can someone link me or tell me, loved it.  Grin

jarmo, I saw you taking pics, and I was right to the left of you in the standing area, when you was on the right. You seem to laugh like myself at them two drunken guys with their shirts off, rocking out, good on em.  Wink

The show was really top notch, I enjoyed the build up and the first 4 songs like always, what a combination. Then everything seemed to get better, and better and better. I really love how the band do a short improvisation before some songs, that gives you a clue as to what's next, love that.

I saw Christos too, and he touched Ashba, and seemed like he was enjoying the show too.

All the little speeches and amazing performances made this show really off the mark. Also the atmosphere was probably the best of the UK tour in my view. I got chatting to loads of hardcore fans, with tattoos, and stories to tell. It's really special being in the same place as your idols, while chatting to like minded people, who have lived through it like yourself.

Thanks GN'R for a kickass UK tour, now if everything goes to plan, see you in Barcelona.  Grin
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2010, 06:33:35 AM »

First of all, what the hell was that intro music, can someone link me or tell me, loved it.  Grin

It's called "Blue Moon" and is the theme of local football team Manchester City.

Probably didnt go down well with Manchester United fans, but I'm sure they werent THAT bothered : Its a concert after all.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2010, 06:58:24 AM »

It's called "Blue Moon" and is the theme of local football team Manchester City.

Probably didnt go down well with Manchester United fans, but I'm sure they werent THAT bothered : Its a concert after all.

we`re from the blue side of manchester we were straight out of our seats for that one never sat down after that! i thought it was a good atmosphere aswell also i think Axl said it was rumbuncious crowd not rowdy wondered if he`d had a bet to see if he could say it Wink
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2010, 07:02:26 AM »

we`re from the blue side of manchester we were straight out of our seats for that one never sat down after that! i thought it was a good atmosphere aswell also i think Axl said it was rumbuncious crowd not rowdy wondered if he`d had a bet to see if he could say it Wink

Which version was it, is there a youtube link?.

The ones I found don't sound much like it.
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2010, 07:07:34 AM »

Blue Moon Intro Track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7giOrKYIwpQ
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:13:29 AM by Azazel » Logged

maluzinha
Opening Act

« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2010, 07:08:58 AM »

Don't Cry  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd8NPqwS3pk&feature=player_embedded

November Rain  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GB8zP02YY-E&feature=player_embedded
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2010, 07:19:07 AM »

Cheers, haha.  Grin

Couldn't believe when that started playing, brilliant.

Also forgot to mention, I'm sure I saw Doc Mcghee at the side of the stage just in front of where jarmo was taking pictures. I'm almost certain it was, forget that, it was, had to be, I think.  confused  Grin
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:49:00 AM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2010, 08:02:22 AM »

First of my videos is up..

Chinese Democracy - 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1xCdUazRNE
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:08:51 AM by Azazel » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2010, 08:08:55 AM »

You must have been about 2 or 3 people in front of me, as that was the view I had too. It's a small world isn't it, do you remember a guy with long black hair in a pony tail, and he was out of it. Kept on bothering the female security guard, by sitting on the railings and jumping back onto her.

You must have been close to him.

I was just behind him, and it stayed that way luckily. Even Doc Mcghee looked at him with a  Roll Eyes expression.

Grin
wadey
Legend

« Reply #117 on: October 19, 2010, 08:11:25 AM »

First of my videos is up..

Chinese Democracy - 1080p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1xCdUazRNE

cool clip, thanks for filming and of course sharing  ok

i tried filming from front row at leeds but the sound was too much for my mic, how do you manage to get good sound from the front?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
feestybaby
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #118 on: October 19, 2010, 08:18:19 AM »

Wow! Did Leeds, London o2 (The Duff show 14th) and Manchester! Amazing show last night, the guys are on fire and should be given amazing credit by the press for this Uk tour. Axl sounds incredible and moves like a 20 year old:)my favourite of the night was 'whole lotta rosie', axl and the band just make this track their own. I was stood right down at the front and I think I was the only person wearing the old LA Lakers gnr vest with 'Rose 8' on the back. The crowd was the most animated of the shows I have been to, rocking out till the end! Makes me proud to be from Manchester (apart from the blue moon theme at the start, MANCHESTER UNITED!)
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #119 on: October 19, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »

@tastyfish, thrown out twice, for what reason? Who did you piss off?

I hope everyone else had a good time with the gunners !

Btw, Blue Moon as intro? wich one ?
If you type blue moon on youtube you get tons... so my guess is ... Frank Sinatra's blue moon since the outro of this tour is Franks my way... http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Blue+Moon&aq=f
My personal fave is the Billie Holiday version though...

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 08:39:52 AM by Z?phyr » Logged

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: