Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:18:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  I'm looking for (information on) the following shows:
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'm looking for (information on) the following shows:  (Read 8961 times)
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« on: October 16, 2010, 02:18:35 PM »

If anybody can help me out. I'm looking for an audio/video, I don't care which format. I've been looking for so long that I'll take anything Smiley

If you have more information about a certain show (is it being hoarded, is it not available, where to get it, anything) it's greatly appreciated !!!

Thanks in advance!!

1986:
07.21.86 - Bogart's, Long Beach, CA
songs: ?

10.31.86 - Ackerman Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
song: perfect crime

1988:
05.27.88 - Olympic Saddledome, Calgary, Canada
songs: Out Ta Get Me, My Michelle, Only Women Bleed / Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Guitar Solo (Slash), Welcome To The Jungle, Paradise City

1993:
01.31.93 - Palace Club, Melbourne, Australia (Rose Tattoo with Slash & Duff)
songs: Rock N' Roll Outlaw, Astra Wally, Nice Boys, Suicide City

03.08.93 - Cumberland Civic Center, Portland, ME
song: garden of eden

03.26.93 - Saskatchewan Place, Saskatoon, Canada
songs: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, The Garden, Attitude, Welcome To The Jungle, Nice Boys, Nightrain, So Fine, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo (Axl Rose), November Rain, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You / Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother / Paradise City

04.13.93 - The Palace Of Auburn Hills, Auburn Hills, MI
songs: Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, The Garden, Yesterdays, It's So Easy, Attitude, Reckless Life, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience (with Pinball Wizard), Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo (Axl Rose), November Rain, Dead Horse, Nice Boys, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You / Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother / Paradise City

04.15.93 - Roanoke Civic Center, Roanoke, VA
songs: It's So Easy (stopped), Welcome To The Jungle, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, The Garden, Reckless Life, Attitude, Nightrain, Double Talkin' Jive, You Ain't The First, You're Crazy, Used To Love Her, Patience (with Over The Hills And Far Away), Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Piano Solo (Axl Rose), November Rain, Dead Horse, Drum Solo, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo, Since I Don't Have You / Sweet Child O' Mine, Mother / Paradise City

MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 03:06:32 PM »

Setlist: Out Ta Get Me, Welcome To The Jungle, Move To The City, Rocket Queen, Nightrain, My Michelle, Back Off Bitch, Paradise City

Information: Very little is known about this. There is video evidence that at least "Out Ta Get Me" was played. The other songs were mentioned in things heard from the stage. Izzy and Axl appeared very late at this club. Axl said "Hey, this place ain't so bad". According to the "Reckless Road" book, it was Slash and Izzy who came late.

Setlist: It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Perfect Crime, Whole Lotta Rosie, Nightrain

Information: The reason this show is known is because when Guns played at the Horizon on October 31, 1987, Slash said that the band had played every Halloween since they had formed. Plus in 2007 a video surfaced that features "Nightrain" from that gig. The setlist is maybe incomplete and possibly out of order. Especially the time of the performance of "Nightrain" is unsure. Plus it marked the first ever live performance of "Perfect Crime". Dickies and Thelonious Monster were on the bill too, it is very interesting to mention that Thelonious Moster played the same gig since Axl and their singer, Bob Forrest, had a fight some weeks earlier. Axl mentioned on stage that the band mastered "Live Like A Suicide" that day and that the artwork is done, only the printing and packaging was left to do and would maybe take a couple of weeks.

Setlist: -

Information: The setlist is unknown. The Cult's Kid "Haggis" Chaos filled in for Duff on bass since he was getting married.
Duff:  We had planned the wedding for a year prior, and I asked our manager [Alan Niven] when he thought a good time would be, that we wouldn't be touring. So he told me to make it for May. And he promised me. So every two weeks I would remind him: 'All right, we've set the date, we've paid all the money, and made all the plans.' And then, a month before the wedding, he calls me and he goes, 'Yeah, we're on Maiden tour now!' And I said, 'What about May 28, Alan?' And he says, 'What's May 28?' And I said, 'My fucking wedding!' It pissed me off, but you've got to deal with it, so I called Haggis, took one day off to get hitched, then came back to the tour.

All infos taken from the (right now offline, but I am somehow still working on rebooting it) GnRSource tourdiary.
If you need some more info, just contact me.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 03:46:36 PM »

Thanks a lot! And what about the bootlegs? What is recorded and what not?
Obvious 'nightrain' is out for the 10.31.86 show, but what else?

MJ23
VIP

KING OF AUDIO

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 04:31:36 PM »

The two 1986 dates were videotaped (nearly 100% sure about it), but nothing has surfaced so far.
Calgary 1988 probably wasn't recorded at all.
The last three from 1993 on your list have been recorded (audio) with Saskatoon being most probably incomplete. Unfortunately nothing is in circulation though.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 06:57:38 PM »

Thanks a lot! And what about the bootlegs? What is recorded and what not?
Obvious 'nightrain' is out for the 10.31.86 show, but what else?

July 21, 1986 - Bogart's, Long Beach, CA
45sec of "Out Ta Get Me"-live video has been made available in summer 2007, most likely filmed and still in the possession of Marc Canter, friend of Axl and Slash. quotes from the show are in his kick-ass book "Reckless Road - Guns N' Roses and the making of Appetite For Destruction" (page 282). it could be there also is seperate (soundboard?) audio recorded by him. however, except the short videoclip, nothing is circulating worldwide.

October 31, 1986 - Ackerman Hall, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA
there are about 40 pics from the existing video in Marc Canter's book "Reckless Road" (page 312-313). Also in summer 2007 55sec of "Nightrain"-live video has been uploaded, also coming from Marc's vault. same as above, except the short videoclip, nothing is circulating worldwide.

Re-Union time, baby!!
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 05:11:12 AM »

Thank you both very much! I had a feeling like this..

I should've known what Limulus said though.. I have that book! A kick-ass book indeed Smiley

svdv22
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 05:45:03 AM »

I didn't found those 2 videos (yet) but what I did found is the following:

Are there people interested in this? I'll upload if for you.

I think it's part of this book. I also remember I once registered on enhancedbooks.com or something familiar. They said if there were to release a video or audio file they'd send me an email. Well I obviously already missed out on those 2 videos.. wondering what else I missed?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 05:46:36 AM by svdv22 » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 07:26:39 AM »

those files are indeed online bonus from the enhancedbooks/recklessroad-special. most of them only small snippets though.
what we've realized is that for unknown reasons the audio/video bonus from the early days ended 3/21/1986......looks like they didnt have spend more time in putting out more of those things. no idea if they updated it since.
to get some more out of Marc Canter's vault would be such a cool thing, he himself was interested in releasing some kind of video/audio-compilation as physical product. but it has to get the OK from all band members and stuff. my guess is that Mr. Rose doesnt want to have a release like that these days.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 07:36:55 AM »

me! If they have good quality please upload it  =) or just upload the ones that have great quality please.

Thank you ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 09:10:59 AM »

those files are indeed online bonus from the enhancedbooks/recklessroad-special. most of them only small snippets though.
what we've realized is that for unknown reasons the audio/video bonus from the early days ended 3/21/1986......looks like they didnt have spend more time in putting out more of those things. no idea if they updated it since.
to get some more out of Marc Canter's vault would be such a cool thing, he himself was interested in releasing some kind of video/audio-compilation as physical product. but it has to get the OK from all band members and stuff. my guess is that Mr. Rose doesnt want to have a release like that these days.

To be honest: which self-respecting artist would want the world to hear such things? I agree it's awesome for 'us diehards' but no way in hell it should get officially released! Smiley

I logged in on enhancedbooks.com and browsed to the respective pages but there's no video and/or audio from that show/page :s Where can I get those videos???
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:23:16 AM by svdv22 » Logged

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 10:16:38 AM »

huh? the "reckless road" book has been officially released because the stories, fotos by an insider, who still is friend with band members, and the interest about the early days. its such a rare thing having all those audio/video documents from a club band that got such big, to my knowledge this hasnt been the case with any other big band. given that alone would justify some release like "The Early Days" DVD Compilation. the main problem in a release like this might be the break-up of the old band line-up and the hatred and bitterness from Axl regarding Slash. on the other hand it worked for the book release and Marc himself said he has interest in getting out such a thing, so there still is hope.

Re-Union time, baby!!
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »

He should release everything he has with the book. To be honest he should do it exactly like he's doing it right now. If you release a dvd or cd with the material without a book you focus way more on the music than the story. And if I were in Slash'/Axl's/Duff's/etc shoes right now, I wouldn't want that.
If I were in my own shoes - which I am - I would love to hear/see all of it.
All I'm saying is that I wouldn't be surprised that they wouldn't want it to be released in such a format.

svdv22
VIP

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »

I should've start looking in the obvious places.

Nightrain is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr0VEtBA4M8
Out ta get me is on 56.com: http://www.56.com/u75/v_MzIyMzA2ODA.html

edit:
I also have (from the dawn of the dead bootleg) the following tracks:
Indiana ain't my kinda town (los angeles, 1985)
and
Rock an roll (led zeppelin cover) (los angeles, 1985)

Does anybody know from which show those 2 tracks are?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:02:21 PM by svdv22 » Logged

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »

04.26.86 - Gazzarri's, West Hollywood, CA
set: Rock And Roll
notes: Very cool performance of Axl & Tracii Guns appearing with Shark Island, a very popular band in LA in the 80's. Axl and Shark Island's singer, Richard Black, trade verses on this Led Zeppelin cover.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 05:03:52 PM »

Yeah I know and have that one. Dawn of the dead copy says it's from '85.. You know about that one? Or is the dawn of the dead bootleg mistaken?

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »

it has been labeled xx.xx.1985 for many many years.....until Marc Canter told us the real date in his book.
besides that i would never trust some bootleg company with these things.

Re-Union time, baby!!
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2010, 01:06:45 PM »

Ok thanks, and how about indiana ain't my kinda town? Is it known from which show this one is?

eragon
Rocker

« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 11:49:34 AM »

Ok thanks, and how about indiana ain't my kinda town? Is it known from which show this one is?

Troubadour, november 22nd 1985. This show is also marked as G N' R's first sold out show.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 01:08:20 PM »

Awesome, thanks for the info! How did you know that?

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 02:38:17 PM »

reckless road-bible is your friend in this  Wink

its the only time the song is mentioned in the book if i remember right.

Re-Union time, baby!!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: