Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:30:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: Guns N' Roses Being Fined At 2 London concerts
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: Guns N' Roses Being Fined At 2 London concerts  (Read 6365 times)
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 02:58:59 AM »

The press might be harsh but you gotta admit all this late night playing causes a major inconvenience getting back home etc it would be so much nicer to see the whole show and get back home in time

@ Birmingham NEC, UK 25.07.06
@ Birmingham NEC, UK 17.10.10

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87
www.freewebs.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 03:33:06 AM »

The press might be harsh but you gotta admit all this late night playing causes a major inconvenience getting back home etc it would be so much nicer to see the whole show and get back home in time

FFS! EVERYBODY knows about Axl-time, if you buy a ticket to show and it don't fit in with your plans tough.  We've waited 4 years to see 'em do their own show in the UK, me and thousands like me set our watches to Axl time (ie we took the hands off) and went with it. Work or no work, those few hours of pure unadulterated Gnf'R's pleasure were worth every second of any hassle that came about because of the time they started (btw which started and finished at more than acceptable times....)

I know I'll never have back those 2hr 40 minutes and the time to and from the venue that I gave up to see my favourite band ever, but do you know what, I'd happily relive that time many times over such was the quality and quantity of what we saw that night. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 03:37:08 AM by wight gunner » Logged

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Conan
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 04:17:13 AM »

I had this very same argument with my girlfriend after the Arnhem concert (though that wasn't very late). Simple fact is, Axl's going to go on stage when he is good and ready. Always has, always will. The press always wants something negative to 'sensationalise' their articles because they think more people will read or watch them that way, as if the facts aren't interesting enough. Quite frankly when their biggest complaint is Axl's alleged lateness, it must mean that everything else is working pretty fuckin well and the excellent youtube clips (and my own concert experience) confirms that. Guns are absolutely on fire at the moment. I can't wait to see them again in December in Sydney!!! I'm seeing Metallica this Tuesday (with a free ticket of course, paid for by others...) and it's going to be interesting comparing the two shows...

But back to Axl, At least he doesn't make any pretence about it. He simply goes on stage when he is ready to perform and everything else is ready to go.

Generally shows have run late because they play for so long, moreso than delays in start time, so be prepared for it. If a long running rock show is too 'inconvenient' for you, don't go. No-one's forcing you...
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 05:10:44 AM »

FFS! EVERYBODY knows about Axl-time, if you buy a ticket to show and it don't fit in with your plans tough.  We've waited 4 years to see 'em do their own show in the UK, me and thousands like me set our watches to Axl time (ie we took the hands off) and went with it. Work or no work, those few hours of pure unadulterated Gnf'R's pleasure were worth every second of any hassle that came about because of the time they started (btw which started and finished at more than acceptable times....)

I know I'll never have back those 2hr 40 minutes and the time to and from the venue that I gave up to see my favourite band ever, but do you know what, I'd happily relive that time many times over such was the quality and quantity of what we saw that night. 

I saw them at the NEC in 2006 and it ended right on time, couldn't have been happier with the performance it was great.  So why can't they stick to it?  just think of how much hassle it causes the fans travelling wise!  Nearly every gig i've ever been to has finished before 12am

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 05:15:57 AM »

I had this very same argument with my girlfriend after the Arnhem concert (though that wasn't very late). Simple fact is, Axl's going to go on stage when he is good and ready. Always has, always will. The press always wants something negative to 'sensationalise' their articles because they think more people will read or watch them that way, as if the facts aren't interesting enough. Quite frankly when their biggest complaint is Axl's alleged lateness, it must mean that everything else is working pretty fuckin well and the excellent youtube clips (and my own concert experience) confirms that. Guns are absolutely on fire at the moment. I can't wait to see them again in December in Sydney!!! I'm seeing Metallica this Tuesday (with a free ticket of course, paid for by others...) and it's going to be interesting comparing the two shows...

But back to Axl, At least he doesn't make any pretence about it. He simply goes on stage when he is ready to perform and everything else is ready to go.

Generally shows have run late because they play for so long, moreso than delays in start time, so be prepared for it. If a long running rock show is too 'inconvenient' for you, don't go. No-one's forcing you...

I wanted to go!! Otherwise I wouldn't have spent ?50 on a ticket, but i feel I have paid for something which I can't see the whole of, it says on the tickets the starting time and curfew of 11pm so I feel rather mislead.  I will be disappointed if I have to walk away during the end bit of their set but that will make me reach the decision of not going to future shows.

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 05:35:57 AM »

Personally Axl being late didn't bother me, but then I drove to the concert and only live 13 minutes away. But I can see why people had to leave early. Of course when the contract was signed, GNR must have agreed to the curfew deadline, and would have been well aware of being fined for it- seems to just be part of the territory for Axl.

Of course, Sunday curfews tend to be an hour earlier, so who knows what'll happen tonight!
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 05:44:12 AM »

It's not like GNR don't have the money to play through the curfews every night.

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
gnfnr_87
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 07:25:04 AM »

Yes but the money that is earned by the management from the concerts lose out on a great lot so they are suffering the most

www.myspace.com/gnfnr_87

Fuck all hoarders
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 08:14:09 AM »

Yes but the money that is earned by the management from the concerts lose out on a great lot so they are suffering the most

No they don't, the band pay the fine, the only (financial) losers are the band themselves and they clearly are cool with that or they'd find the ahem, will, to play along with the the expectations of of the suits and not put on a Rock n Roll show  ok

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 09:11:02 AM »

I've never been at a gig ending BEFORE 12 am. I cant believe people just cant deal with a late party like that - what those people do when they come to a regular party or just a pub/bar/night club?

The Grape
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 01:15:58 PM »

I've never been at a gig ending BEFORE 12 am. I cant believe people just cant deal with a late party like that - what those people do when they come to a regular party or just a pub/bar/night club?

I went to lots of gigs in Europe I remember a Metallica concert finished just after 1am.
As well as Boxing events for example just last nights WBC boxing with Klitschko vs Briggs started at 11pm! I know this is not as loud as a music concert but has the same if not other implications. Maybe thats why there are so many boxing events outside the UK.

BTW I know its off topic but that was a nice fight just waiting to see one of them punch the S*** out of that bigmouth t*** Haye.

Conan
Headliner

« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 05:03:19 AM »

I wanted to go!! Otherwise I wouldn't have spent ?50 on a ticket, but i feel I have paid for something which I can't see the whole of, it says on the tickets the starting time and curfew of 11pm so I feel rather mislead.  I will be disappointed if I have to walk away during the end bit of their set but that will make me reach the decision of not going to future shows.

I've no doubt you did, all I'm saying is that IF you go to a guns show, there is a strong possibility it will run late. Take that into account or not, but don't go around whinging about it, because even the mainstream press have talked about it...

It's hardly a surprise...
Vinnyvin
Opening Act

« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 06:39:27 AM »

11pm Curfew? How can that be? I went to the o2 ages ago to see David Haye fight, it didnt start till 2am (finished at about 2:08 after he knocked the guy out in the second round)!! The bars shut at 12 but they were still pumping music out until the bell went! I've also been unfortunate enough to go a shitty nightclub there where i staggered out at 5am, how can a show be any different?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »

After THAT show all the English can think of is reunions and fines?

Well they are not bloodfans like us! Give them some slack Tongue

The generic public don't know so much about gnr beside Axl Rose, drama, Slash, a blonde guy called Duff, the hits like Scom, WTTJ, NR and so on. So when they hear the name, thats sadly the reference they have to GNR. There hasn't been videos made for CD, and not so many songs gotten exstensive radioplay (or similar exposure) beside TIL I guess, and Shackler on guitarhero.

It's a bit disrespectfull but there it is. Nostalgia.

But when they see the band and the AMAZING Axl-performance it's forgotten for most.

Has he ever sounded this good?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 09:25:51 AM »

You shouldn't trust what The Sun says..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Just_Me
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 09:46:44 AM »

The sun is a piece of shit rag that I wouldn't wipe my arse on.

Why does the o2 have a curfew of 11pm when it's own website says the last entrance is 1am? why did they put on extra transport etc?

What a bunch of shit.
At a guess the 1am last entry is for all the other stuff that's in the same 'building' like the cinema, nightclub, resturants and bars. For whatever reason all that stuff is allowed to run later than live gigs. (Probably because it's officially quieter.)

Most of the time I prefer to skip the issue and book a hotel room nearby. Even when I don't expect the show to overrun and I could get home easily the last thing I want to do when I get out of a gig is deal with trains and the 20 minute walk from the nearest station to my house.

You shouldn't trust what The Sun says..
Understatement of the year. There is only one page in the Sun that's worth "reading" and even that's only good for about 50% of the population.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: