Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:30:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  FALSE: Guns N' Roses Being Fined At 2 London concerts
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALSE: Guns N' Roses Being Fined At 2 London concerts  (Read 6366 times)
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: October 16, 2010, 05:56:42 AM »

YOU can't teach an old dog new tricks - or GUNS N' ROSES for that matter.
The veteran rockers face a hefty fine after breaking two 11pm concert curfews.

They are notorious for shocking timekeeping and, true to form, overran with both their shows at the O2 arena in London this week - by a total of three hours.

LADY GAGA was the last star to break her 11pm curfew at the venue, by 25 mintues last February. She was in line for a ?10,000 fine for the privilege - which worked out at ?400 a minute.

By that calculation, Guns N' Roses could now be hit for ?72,000.

An O2 spokesman confirmed that the promoters would incur a cost for the late finishes.

The venue was also forced to put on extra transport for fans after 20,000 concert-goers missed the last Tube home.

But it was a small price to pay for the surprise appearance onstage of original band member DUFF McKAGAN.

The bass guitarist joined frontman AXL ROSE for four hits, fuelling rumours of a reunion between the band that made debut album Appetite For Destruction.

An all-star line-up might be sooner than we think - Axl will need the extra cash if he continues to play past his bedtime.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3182753/Overruns-and-Roses-fined.html
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 09:25:22 AM by jarmo » Logged
Kierkegaard_Says
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:10:18 AM »

England is pathetic with its bloody curfews.

I want to move...  Undecided

"Life must be understood backwards; but it must be lived forward. "
"The highest and most beautiful things in life are not to be heard about, nor read about, nor seen but, if one will, are to be"  SK
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2010, 06:18:16 AM »

1440 peoples fee to pay the fine, Oh well the other 28,560+ fees still get pocketed, was it worth it?

TOO FUCKING RIGHT IT WAS!!!

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
wadey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 06:25:08 AM »

England is pathetic with its bloody curfews.

I want to move...  Undecided

too right mate..... all these new european laws are coming over, but we still have our old fashioned cerfews  rant

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 06:46:06 AM »

After THAT show all the English can think of is reunions and fines?

Fuck, your press is sure not worth any interview or getting even close to any GN'R member.

I'm glad I didn't buy any fuckin paper here to check about the show... FUCK OFF UK PRESS...

Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 06:50:47 AM »

Silly people... next time program the band at 2 in the afternoon or something and bring your sandwiches for picnic !
Anyhow it's getting worse all over Europe... Myself I'm a sound engineer from Bruges and you don't even wanna know the shit we get to deal with here... curfews, sound level limits, authorities measuring at 1m from the front of house speakers and mix position and so and on... party by permit...

Nice boy's don't play Rock N' Roll !

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
GNRVahland
Rocker

All Quiet on the Western Front

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 06:58:52 AM »

On the next album will be a new song : So fine - part 2 AKA So fined :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W5aSFUy-8Q

John
Rocker

...Gone To Hell

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 07:21:59 AM »

After THAT show all the English can think of is reunions and fines?

Fuck, your press is sure not worth any interview or getting even close to any GN'R member.

I'm glad I didn't buy any fuckin paper here to check about the show... FUCK OFF UK PRESS...

Fucking agreed.

Leeds Festival - 29/08/10, Birmingham - 17/10/10, Manchester - 18/10/10, Liverpool - 20/05/12, Manchester 29/05/12
variant
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »

The sun is a piece of shit rag that I wouldn't wipe my arse on.

Why does the o2 have a curfew of 11pm when it's own website says the last entrance is 1am? why did they put on extra transport etc?

What a bunch of shit.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2010, 07:43:14 AM »

I am so damn sick of these curfews!! It's bullshit. These shows bring money to these communities. They should be happy for it!! I know they are enforced pretty much all over the world but come on!! Unless the venue is in a housing area what the hell is the freaking difference?

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2010, 08:00:33 AM »

oh cock Tongue

ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2010, 08:12:25 AM »

Ok first of all it says he will need the cash to play past his bedtime; Axl's bedtime is in the wee hours of the morning if i'm not mistaken.   hihi
Rainfox
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2010, 08:19:07 AM »

Christos - it's the English press at its finest.

Shameful. Not worth the toilet paper it is printed on.

gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 08:30:51 AM »

Christos - it's the English press at its finest.

Shameful. Not worth the toilet paper it is printed on.

The English press is one of the worst in the World so nothing new with this story.

If they can't make something up they write crap like curfews or whatever. Roll Eyes

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
The Grape
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 08:45:49 AM »

"An all-star line-up might be sooner than we think - Axl will need the extra cash if he continues to play past his bedtime."

Yeah right or he might wont play in the UK again......

The Health and Safety Executive has spoken Grin

Utter Bullsh**

Wondering how much DJ is gonna get fined for smoking on stage...........

Besides in normal countries public transport runs 24 hours and thats not only busses!

richwoman
VIP

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 08:49:30 AM »

take it with a pinch of salt don`t you remember in 2006 the sun reported Axl was late on because he was eating a roast dinner!!
ianlei
Neon Bomb!
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2010, 09:13:27 AM »

I can't believe the way the press are making out the band playing a long set is a bad thing!!
Maybe in Birmingham at about 11pm Axl could say goodnight to all the press as it's past their bedtime or get the crowd to sing "Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye!"

The London shows were amazing. I remember saying after the first show that you'd be hard pushed to say anything negative about the actual show, they started at a good time, they played a long set, great mix of songs, performed awesome, crowd absolutely loved it and stayed until the end.....but the reviews go on about Reading festival, exagerate start times, curfews, time making Chin Dem...etc......you might get a paragraph about the actual music/show if you're lucky and that says the opposite to what a sell out crowd thinks!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »

Great concert, nobody got hurt, generated some extra work and overtime pay.  Guess the band is going to just have to keep having a great time out on the road to come up with the fine money.  Where's the negative?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2010, 09:36:53 AM »

When you read the O2 statement on Tuesday about working with TfL and the late shows the band is reputed to have IN ADVANCE of the show. It seems to me they were not only expecting a late start, were prepared for it AND were happy to go along with it, not once but two nights running. 

As mention above by RainFox, the English press at its finest. Had Axl for instance done a few interviews with the press beforehand, they'd be where Slash is, up his ass - saying what a great show they put on. They love media whores, Axl don't play the game so are out to get him... Didn't he sing about that once  hihi

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2010, 10:01:13 AM »

Curfews are put in place to maintain order..With large crowds, large crowd control is needed N' scheduled..Extra means o' transportation is also needed to accomadate larger than usual crowds..
We in the US have curfews as well. A few years back Rachel Bolan N' Snake Sabo were on Eddie Trunks show talking about touring w/ GN'R in 1991 N' how they were paying fines on a regular basis.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: