Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:30:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Matt with Camp Freddy Dec LA Residency
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Matt with Camp Freddy Dec LA Residency  (Read 11720 times)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« on: October 14, 2010, 09:58:16 PM »

With details of this years December CF LA Residency coming soon, here's a cool look back at last years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuGpZ6swQRA&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 05:54:41 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 05:45:57 PM »

Good to see they'll be doing these shows again.  So Billy Morrison is done touring with BI -- CF didn't do a lot with him gone.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 06:47:13 PM »

Idol has a few more yet announced dates in December, no specifics yet..

Morrison is the main "business" guy within CF's core members, that's why you'll see them more active when he's available.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 01:52:07 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 01:53:35 PM »

Announcement forthcoming, from www.campfreddy.net:

"There will be announcement shortly about the annual Camp Freddy Xmas Residency in Los Angeles. The band will continue the annual tradition with weekly shows at a small Los Angeles club, with a nominal entry fee and open to everyone. In past years, all the shows have sold out, so keep your eyes on the sites for the details and make sure you get your tickets when the details are announced. The bands recorded version of Slade's 'Merry Xmas Everybody' is available on i-Tunes worldwide."

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 04:25:30 PM »

From www.billymorrison.net:

Camp Freddy announces Holiday Residency details tomorrow. Keep your eye on www.campfreddy.net and www.theroxyonsunset.com for details

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »

XMAS RESIDENCY

Camp Freddy are pleased to announce their fourth annual Xmas Residency at the world famous Roxy Theatre in Los Angeles. The dates are December 3rd, December 10th and December 17th. As in previous years, the band will play a different set list each night, and will also have different guests appearing with them at each of the three gigs. Tickets go on sale this Friday, November 5th and are plus booking fees for each show. There are a very limited number of VIP tickets available for plus booking fees which will give you entry to all three shows, plus access to one of the soundchecks, and an opportunity to attend one of the soundchecks, meet the band and have your photograph taken with everybody. All ticket details are available on The Roxy website.

http://theroxyonsunset.com/

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2010, 01:45:33 PM »

GLENN HUGHES, BILLY DUFFY, STEVE STEVENS To Perform With CAMP FREDDY Tomorrow - Dec. 2, 2010

Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION), Billy Duffy (THE CULT) and Steve Stevens (BILLY IDOL) are among the guest musicians who will perform with CAMP FREDDY tomorrow night (Friday, December 3) at the first of three shows as part of the band's fourth annual Christmas residency at the world-famous The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California.

CAMP FREDDY is the Los Angeles-based "jam" group featuring Dave Navarro (JANE'S ADDICTION, RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS), Billy Morrison (ex-THE CULT bassist, current CIRCUS DIABLO vocalist), Matt Sorum (VELVET REVOLVER, ex-GUNS N' ROSES), Donovan Leitch (son of legendary folk singer Donovan), and Chris Chaney (JANE'S ADDICTION, ALANIS MORRISETTE). As in previous years, the CAMP FREDDY members will play a different set list each night ? December 3, December 10 and December 17 ? and will also have different guest musicians appearing with them at each of the three gigs. There are a very limited number of VIP tickets available for plus booking fees which will give you entry to all three shows, plus access to one of the soundchecks, and an opportunity to attend one of the soundchecks, meet the band and have your photograph taken with everybody. All ticket details are available on The Roxy web site.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150312

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 02:50:30 PM »

Another good show: Cool

"Enter Sandman" w/Sully Erna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUJvwiiywjw

"All Right Now" w/Glenn Hughes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1IfExGC97c

"Man In The Box" w/Sully Erna

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBdXmNoJwU4

"Highway Star" w/Glenn Hughes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6yuEWg3708

(Edit to add a better version of Highway Star)

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:23:26 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 04:42:12 PM »

SULLY ERNA, GLENN HUGHES, RICHARD PATRICK Perform With CAMP FREDDY In Hollywood (Video) - Dec. 5, 2010

Sully Erna (GODSMACK), Glenn Hughes (DEEP PURPLE, BLACK SABBATH, BLACK COUNTRY COMMUNION) and Richard Patrick (FILTER) are among the guest musicians who performed with CAMP FREDDY this past Friday night (December 3) at the first of four shows as part of the band's fourth annual Christmas residency at the world-famous The Roxy Theatre in West Hollywood, California.

Commented CAMP FREDDY: "A sold-out Roxy saw a 90-minute performance from CAMP FREDDY as the 2010 residency opened with a bang. Highlights from the show included Richard Patrick performing his legendary 'Hey Man, Nice Shot', Glenn Hughes wailing on the PURPLE classic 'Highway Star', Angelo Moore (FISHBONE) playing an extended saxophone solo in IGGY POP's 'Search And Destroy', and Sully Erna fronting a finale one/two of METALLICA's 'Enter Sandman' and a heavy version of PINK FLOYD's 'Another Brick In The Wall'."

The setlist was as follows:

01. We Will Rock You
02. In the Meantime
03. Suffragette City
04. Whole Lotta Love
05. Fire Woman
06. Hells Bells
07. Search and Destroy
08. Hey Man Nice Shot
09. Rebel Yell
10. Highway Star
11. All Right Now
12. Man In The Box
13. Enter Sandman
14. Another Brick In The Wall
15. I Wanna Be Your Dog

Fan-filmed video footage of the concert can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150419

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 11:07:28 PM »

I saw this comment at Blabbermouth and I definitely agree. yes

COMMENT | Dear camp freddy

posted by : the drunk bartender

12/5/2010 7:48:21 PM

Put out a live DVD! It's gonna capture what your about better than an album!

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2010, 09:05:51 AM »

Yeah, I live DVD would be killer. And whatever happened to the album anyway, is it ever coming out?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2010, 02:35:06 PM »

Yeah, I live DVD would be killer. And whatever happened to the album anyway, is it ever coming out?

I should have included this part:

In a recent interview with Gibson.com, Navarro was asked if there will ever be a CAMP FREDDY album. "We talked about it for many, many years, but the logistics of something like that really doesn't translate to what we're about," he replied. "We're a live band and we're about the fun on stage and whoever's gonna get up with us ? we don't know from night to night. And when you go into a studio to record songs that have already been recorded, it's difficult to recreate that kind of energy and spontaneity, so it's unlikely at this juncture."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 01:06:54 PM »

Camp Freddy featuring Billy Duffy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHf_3qUtSEY

tom91381
Opening Act

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 04:08:10 PM »

and to think I could make one of those DVD with all the songs I have gotten in the past years

I should have included this part:

In a recent interview with Gibson.com, Navarro was asked if there will ever be a CAMP FREDDY album. "We talked about it for many, many years, but the logistics of something like that really doesn't translate to what we're about," he replied. "We're a live band and we're about the fun on stage and whoever's gonna get up with us ? we don't know from night to night. And when you go into a studio to record songs that have already been recorded, it's difficult to recreate that kind of energy and spontaneity, so it's unlikely at this juncture."

FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »

and to think I could make one of those DVD with all the songs I have gotten in the past years

You definitely could.  Thanks for posting all the videos -- your footage is always the best.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 10:05:15 PM »

they are playing again this friday and next friday so i might go check them out. never seen them before. shit never mind, show is sold out hahah
« Last Edit: December 08, 2010, 10:28:47 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
tom91381
Opening Act

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 01:23:26 AM »

You definitely could.  Thanks for posting all the videos -- your footage is always the best.

not sure if it's the best but the sound is good on the one's I post thats for sure.
 I swear I have over 100 songs on video
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 02:19:39 PM »

looks like im going tonight after all, got free tickets from the roxy Cheesy
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2010, 05:07:26 AM »

Steven Tyler came out Cheesy
erguevous
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2010, 03:59:20 PM »

Steven Tyler came out Cheesy

Here's a HD/HQ video I took of Steven Tyler doing Whole Lotta Love...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VDEPZooUXs

enjoy!

c
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: