Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:54:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What will the next album have as Songs ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What will the next album have as Songs ?  (Read 8960 times)
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »

I am hoping to hear "Ides of March." It seems like an 'interesting'  smoking name for a song
If it's as good as Iron Maiden's Ides of March then yes  Smiley

The question is how much material does Axl have that is several years old.  CD probably consists of music written over something like a 15-year period so I wonder if there's anything that he's kept back?  Knowing Axl it will be a bit of a mix of styles.  It'll also be interesting to see which band member can step into Buckethead's shoes - he had a big influence on the music and sound the CD.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2010, 07:35:41 PM »

I am hoping to hear "Ides of March." It seems like an 'interesting'  smoking name for a song
If it's as good as Iron Maiden's Ides of March then yes  Smiley

The question is how much material does Axl have that is several years old.  CD probably consists of music written over something like a 15-year period so I wonder if there's anything that he's kept back?  Knowing Axl it will be a bit of a mix of styles.  It'll also be interesting to see which band member can step into Buckethead's shoes - he had a big influence on the music and sound the CD.

Ides of march might be a cover  Tongue who knows hihi

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »

I really hope the next album has nothing to do with "electronic" sounds and poppy drum-based like Shackler's Revenge,  Better, TWAT o If The World. I'd love the album keep that classic style used in songs as Cathcher / This I Love and, if it's going to Rock, well, they write song as Sorry, CD or IRS. ENOUGH electronic and industrial incluences!! that it is NOT the best side of Axl Rose.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2010, 08:06:07 PM »

Im guessing the band will go to the studio and record a whole new album with Ashba and Bumblefoot guitars only. No Bucket or Robin, and maybe put in 1 or 2 songs from the chinese democracy recording era that will fit in the album.
After that same release in 2011, the band will tour on it and concentrate on it for another 2 years and on the third year which would be 2014 they will release another album with some more chinese democracy recording era songs again in small doses joined up with the new band's material.

Its the way i think its gonna happen but i could be wrong!

Sounds like a plan.  When do you think a good time to hit the studio would be?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2010, 08:42:41 PM »

I really hope the next album has nothing to do with "electronic" sounds and poppy drum-based like Shackler's Revenge,  Better, TWAT o If The World. I'd love the album keep that classic style used in songs as Cathcher / This I Love and, if it's going to Rock, well, they write song as Sorry, CD or IRS. ENOUGH electronic and industrial incluences!! that it is NOT the best side of Axl Rose.

I would definitely want to hear more songs like TWAT or Better, that is up with with SCOM or NR

Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2010, 10:38:52 AM »

Good for you, but I want to ROCK not "dance".
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2010, 11:43:04 AM »

Good for you, but I want to ROCK not "dance".

You clearly have no idea what dance music is if you think Shacklers, Better, TWAT and If the world is dance music. Shacklers and Better are two of the best rockers on CD and TWAT and ITW are incredible slower songs.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2010, 12:12:15 PM »

^ Well said, cb.

I just cant understand how those kind of comments are still used 2 years after the release and even more after OMG, the live performances and even the leaks. That is plenty of time to deal with it and to either accept or just move on.

I do hope we have a new album with the CD sound. Afterall, it isnt Judas Priest or anything, it actually evolves.

Manets
Rocker

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2010, 12:23:21 PM »

I think this actual line-up is awesome, and I think they should compose and record an album, but before that I want to listen what's left from the Finck-Bucket era. The General, Atlas Shrugged, this songs are already legends! I HAVE to listen to then. And Guns N' Roses is a band with excellent musicians, it doesn't matter the route they take, it will sound awesome.
Like Bon Jovi, has Glam Rock, Hard Rock, Pop Rock and Country albums. You may not like all of them, but they are musically great and excellent albums in their each own genre. They have also even Grunge and New Metal songs, and they all sound great.

That's the case of Guns N' Roses, with so much tallented, excellent musicians, it doesn't matter the way music goes, it will sound awesome.
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2010, 12:38:23 PM »

In my opinion, if Chinese Democracy did not became in a GREAT record is due to these pop/industrial/tecno elements involved in several songs. It seemed the mix of styles of the writers didn't help to achieve a solid Rock album. I think that CD is a very good record, but not good enough to get the "Classic / Can't miss it" status.

don't want bother yoo guys, I know you believe that CD is the best record ever, is just my feelings.  peace
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 05:23:43 AM »

I dont like rhiad and the bedouins ....i hope there are not more song like that one.
axlpwns
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2010, 01:30:06 AM »

http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/01/chinese-democracy-ii.html
it's just a rumor

11/17/2011 East Rutherford, NJ- IZOD Center
11/19/2011 Hartford, CT- Comcast Theatre
2/12/2012 New York, NY- Terminal 5
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2010, 04:42:57 AM »

"Daddy, can the devil do mummy and me?"

Got to be one of the funniest rumoured titles for a song i've ever heard lol   hihi

I think that whatever follows CD will be similar in musical theme given they  were probably recorded at a similar time as part of the whole CD sessions process. A collection of rockers, longer ballads, some industrial songs etc... The variety is the main reason i respect Axl so much as a musician and follow Guns so avidly.

I would like to see a cover of 'Rosie', that would be quality.

I really hope we don't get any leaks or certainly not as many as before, i wont be listening this time it did somewhat ruin the experience of CD for me.

The main thing is that we get to hear some new music!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 04:53:17 AM by bangit » Logged

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2010, 06:03:57 AM »

The song sounds good,but im not sure if its axl or not,sounds like him.....but with a lot of effects.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2010, 08:53:12 AM »

What song?

Also, this thing "Daddy, can the devil do mummy and me?" was an obvious reference to Oh My God and the crappy movie End od Days wich has a scene like this.

I dont like rhiad and the bedouins ....i hope there are not more song like that one.
I dont like you and I hope you are wrong (actually Im sure you are).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:55:08 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2010, 09:34:15 AM »

"Daddy, can the devil do mummy and me?"

Got to be one of the funniest rumoured titles for a song i've ever heard lol   hihi

I think that whatever follows CD will be similar in musical theme given they  were probably recorded at a similar time as part of the whole CD sessions process. A collection of rockers, longer ballads, some industrial songs etc... The variety is the main reason i respect Axl so much as a musician and follow Guns so avidly.

I would like to see a cover of 'Rosie', that would be quality.

I really hope we don't get any leaks or certainly not as many as before, i wont be listening this time it did somewhat ruin the experience of CD for me.

The main thing is that we get to hear some new music!

Axl and his old friends released Rosie as a live recording on some ep.

bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2010, 01:46:58 PM »

thought that was just a boot from the marquee in 87?

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »

Not a boot, it was officially released Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guns_N%27_Roses_(EP)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 02:30:25 PM by svdv22 » Logged

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 08:42:03 PM »

I really want to hear what's left from the Finck-Bucket era too.  drool

But I also want to hear what this band can come up with as well, I imagine Bumble has some cool ideas. I think my perfect next album would be a majoritarily of material from the Finck-Bucket era, with a few teaser songs from this band. This would set up very nicely, the next album being one, recorded heavily by the recent line-up. With again maybe a couple of songs from the 06/07 era, when Robin, Richard, Bumble and Brain was recording together (maybe some stuff that never made Chinese Democracy).  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 08:43:34 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2010, 06:56:10 AM »

What song?

Also, this thing "Daddy, can the devil do mummy and me?" was an obvious reference to Oh My God and the crappy movie End od Days wich has a scene like this.

I dont like you and I hope you are wrong (actually Im sure you are).

First,you dont need to speak to me like that. And after all the titles you have 27 secs of a song.
http://chinese-democracy.blogspot.com/2009/01/chinese-democracy-ii.html
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: