Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:52:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What will the next album have as Songs ?
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What will the next album have as Songs ?  (Read 8959 times)
ecwfan
Rocker

« on: September 11, 2010, 11:29:54 AM »

Since were a year nearly into the latest Chinese Democracy World Tour , I have to wonder what songs and feel will be on the next album once it happens. I know a few titles like "The General" have been floated out. But what type of album will it be ? Will we see more an industrial rock edge ? Or will it be more electronica and some EPIC style songs like we got with "There Was A Time" and "Catcher in the Rye" ?

What do you all think ?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 11:42:21 AM »

Here's from 99, no idea if it's valid or not, I hope tho.

My bet it will still be more up- to- date classical style rock tho, oh well. It's GNR! You never know!

It's funny, I am an oldcshoolfan but think CD had too much soft songs and classic rock-
-cause I really got into the band (again) after Oh My God.

I like that stuff, he really has the voice for it, listen to OMG, Shacklers, Silk Worms etc peace

Loder: How's your guitar playing coming along now?

Rose: It's all right. I just wanted to be good enough to be able to contribute what was needed to this main album. It took working on the majority of these things and at least the couple albums' [worth] of material to figure out what should be on the first official Guns album. I wouldn't say it's like, you know, that we recorded a double album, or that we have all of our scraps to be the second one. There is a distinct difference in sound. The second leans probably a little more to aggressive electronica with full guitars, where the first one is definitely more guitar-based.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 11:45:13 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 11:43:07 AM »

i think it will be a melting pot! But somehow i feel there will be more aggressive songs. Dont know why, but maybe because the rumored titles sounds a bit heavy. hehe... Anyways, if there is a cover song on the next album, im hoping for whole lotta rosie! Cheesy

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »

There were plenty of song titles tossed around that were not put on CD, so I (we all) would assume that those would be formulated into their next studio release. As for style, I think that it will be more of a industrial sound, I don't know. There are too many factors that go into it. Axl put what he believed to be the best onto CD right? In order to comeback with Guns in the best possible way. CD's followup will probably be a mix of whats left in my opinion. Maybe their next release is a double album?

Don't really know, I only care about whats going on right now with the band not the future. I and everyone else here have spent everyday since the 2000 HOB shows waiting and speculating what Chinese Democracy will be like. I'm just content that it finally came out, Axl and the band seems pretty satisfied, and this current tour is looking like their best received effort to date. With this band, it would be greedy as a fan to expect another release in the near future, but that's my opinion
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:50:27 AM »

But somehow i feel there will be more aggressive songs.

Would be really cool yeah peace

if there is a cover song on the next album, im hoping for whole lotta rosie! Cheesy

Yah, he nailed that song and made it into his little bitch headbanger

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QZJsf-hXI

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Gavgnr
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 12:38:41 PM »

I think axl said that it would be a darker and meaner album in his chats in December 2008.

Personally I am aching for new studio guns music. Don't get me wrong I am very grateful and am loving Chinese.

Studio music from my fave band is just a drug to me, period!

‘Get busy livin’, or get busy dyin’
richwoman
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2010, 01:46:29 PM »

i think the question is will Axl release a new album with this record company, he said that that he had very little support from them i can`t see him being over keen to give them anything new just yet.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »

I hope the next album has more TWAT like songs, but with titles like Seven, The General, Soul Monster, and Down by The Ocean, you know it's going to be good.  beer

kyrie
Legend

Eden has enough to go around

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010, 06:37:00 PM »

No idea really but I do think Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul is the best song title ever!
cmpaller
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2010, 07:23:20 PM »

I am sure that there a lot good quality songs left.  Most of the songs that appear on CD where the ones that leaked. My guess is that since Best Buy had already signed on, Axl just released the album with the songs that became public.  You know  I mean?  Why give them something else when you have no idea if it will sell anyway. Plus, Best Buy gave him big money up front.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »

i think the question is will Axl release a new album with this record company, he said that that he had very little support from them i can`t see him being over keen to give them anything new just yet.

This is a good point.  Does Axl owe Universal anything now that CD was released?  I'd like to see him release the next album independently.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
sworrm
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 04:27:15 AM »

I hope to hear Seven , The General and Soul Monster and i suppose Down by the Ocean just to see if the Rose/Stradlin partnership still has the magic, the only thing is i wonder how an Izzy song would fit with the rest of the Chinese Democracy stuff as its more industrial sounding where Izzy is more laid back Rolling Stones style rock n roll
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 06:47:03 AM »

I think DJ was brought in to give it more of a commercial edge ala St. of LA N' SIXXAM..
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 09:16:30 AM »

I don't think Axl gives a fuck about a possible next record being a commercial success or not.
You should've known that by now Wink

bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 11:11:21 AM »

I'm sure that there are many great songs left from the chi dem sessions, would be great to hear them. it would also be awesome to see some stuff recorded by the current line up. Bumble and Dj should be able to make some fantastic contributions.

Fingers crossed for some movement after the tour ends.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Jude
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 02:08:14 PM »

Well one thing is for sure: they just have to release those other songs, over 15 or something like that (of course there's a lot more songs i think). I'm already waiting for Chinese Democracy II or whatever its name will be, I'm sure it will blow everybody's mind if there are songs like "Soul Monster", which Axl said to be one of his darkest songs he has ever made.  drool Quote from Axl himself:

"Hey Axl , whats your favourite song from either Chinese Democracy, or from an unreleased album?

The bridge in "Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul aka The Soul Monster (working title Leave Me Alone)" which will no doubt end up "Soul Monster".

I think it's r most Black Sabbath moment. Sang it on a Christmas eve. Imo the meanest section of anything I've sung to date. Which having said that I'm sure when it's heard others may disagree but we felt it was a Christmas card of unadulterated venom so to speak. I felt a lot better afterward."

Man! Just release it already! Cheesy
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 02:10:14 PM by Jude » Logged

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2010, 10:23:13 AM »

I for one love CD, but the recird company may be pushing for a more commercial push..Hopefully they don't turn GN'R into Get a Grip era Aerosmith..
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2010, 04:30:53 PM »

I am hoping to hear "Ides of March." It seems like an 'interesting'  smoking name for a song
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2010, 08:22:50 AM »

I hope the next album has more TWAT like songs, but with titles like Seven, The General, Soul Monster, and Down by The Ocean, you know it's going to be good.  beer

I was the guy that asked Axl in the chats what was his favourite track off the next album to which he replied Soul Monster,

I cant f'ckn wait to hear it since he said it

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 08:19:35 AM »

Im guessing the band will go to the studio and record a whole new album with Ashba and Bumblefoot guitars only. No Bucket or Robin, and maybe put in 1 or 2 songs from the chinese democracy recording era that will fit in the album.
After that same release in 2011, the band will tour on it and concentrate on it for another 2 years and on the third year which would be 2014 they will release another album with some more chinese democracy recording era songs again in small doses joined up with the new band's material.

Its the way i think its gonna happen but i could be wrong!

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: