Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2024, 11:38:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228534 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Sebastian Bach 'Nobody Has Helped Me More In The Music Industry Than Axl'
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sebastian Bach 'Nobody Has Helped Me More In The Music Industry Than Axl'  (Read 6544 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 06, 2010, 02:27:48 PM »

Sebastian Bach was interviewed on The Danny Bonaduce Show on August 31st.  Regarding Axl he says...

"Nobody has helped me more in the music industry than Axl Rose."

On taking Skid Row on the Use Your Illusion tour "We were kind of lumped into a pop metal category, Axl was the guy that took us out of that.  It became cool to like us when he liked us."

On why Axl acts the way he acts...."There's no big mystery.  He tells me, the source of all of the insanity -- it's his voice. It's his job to sing like that, and sometimes that sound is hard for him.  And a lot of singers, you know, to sing in that range is just not an easy thing to do.   He does what he can, and if it takes him forty five more minutes to warm up his pipes so he can sing "Sweet Child O' Mine".  I mean, you drive around in your car and put on Guns N' Roses and just go for it. [Laughs]"

You can listen to the entire interview here: http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/08/31/sebastian-bach-interview-08-31-10/

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

Sebastian Bach was interviewed on The Danny Bonaduce Show on August 31st.  Regarding Axl he says...

On taking Skid Row on the Use Your Illusion tour "We were kind of lumped into a pop metal category, Axl was the guy that took us out of that.  It became cool to like us when he liked us."

On why Axl acts the way he acts...."There's no big mystery.  He tells me, the source of all of the insanity -- it's his voice. It's his job to sing like that, and sometimes that sound is hard for him.  And a lot of singers, you know, to sing in that range is just not an easy thing to do.   He does what he can, and if it takes him forty five more minutes to warm up his pipes so he can sing "Sweet Child O' Mine".  I mean, you drive around in your car and put on Guns N' Roses and just go for it. [Laughs]"

You can listen to the entire interview here: http://94wysp.radio.com/2010/08/31/sebastian-bach-interview-08-31-10/

Thanks FM

beer

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 04:10:19 PM »

That's what true friends are for Baz!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 04:40:23 PM »

It's a good interview and Sebastian really seems to appreciate all Axl has done for him.

I just realized what photo that is on their site -- I didn't notice that before lol.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 04:40:52 PM »

well.............

If Jon Bon Jovi doesn't discover Baz and introduce him to skid row.............

just sayin

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Manets
Rocker

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 04:49:19 PM »

well.............

If Jon Bon Jovi doesn't discover Baz and introduce him to skid row.............

just sayin
Actually, if Jon Bon Jovi hadn't kicked Dave Snake from Bon Jovi....  Grin
ChiDem2010
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 05:01:40 PM »

That's really interesting. This is just conjecture for now but seeing how Axl has a really unique voice, this 'warming up' thing might be the reason why Guns takes the stage later than what would be a normal time after stage setup. I thought there was a recent interview with DJ or Ron that they said 'You don't want Axl to go on before he is ready'.  And if this was true I think people especially other singers would understand him more. Singers sing; their voice is their most important asset. Axl cant go on stage until he is warmed up and his voice is as good as he believes it needs to be to put on a 2-3 hour show.

Again IF this were true, I would rather wait 1-2 hours waiting for a show while Axl is getting in his vocal zone than watching him not being himself.
Christian
VIP

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2010, 05:10:34 PM »

I thought there was a recent interview with DJ or Ron that they said 'You don't want Axl to go on before he is ready'. 
It was the recent interview with Tommy Stinson!
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2010, 09:57:16 PM »

I love Sebastian and can't think of any better opener for a GN'R show. He is always quick to say his thanks to anyone who has helped him, and he has a cool sense of humour.

Some of the Audio interviews when he is with Axl are hilarious, like Howard Stern in 1990, and obviously with Eddie Trunk in 2006.  Grin
Marion68
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 09:20:38 AM »

Thanks FM

beer

+ we need more of this...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 10:33:57 AM »

I think Dave "the Snake" Sabo, Rachel Bolan and Scotti Hill have helped Baz's career a bit more than Axl..As far as Bon Jovi, he did help get Skid Row signed after Dave Sabo, a longtime NJ friend, gave him a demo w/ Baz singining.
BumbleBuzz
Rocker

Guns N' Roses Strong Since 1999!

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 10:39:55 AM »

I'm really looking forward to seeing Sebastian open for Guns in October in the UK, he was excellent in London in 2006

However, he really needs to stop sucking up to Axl Rose, and although he may have this opinion right now he should at least remember that Axl didn't really care about him after Slave For The Grind had died down and the band started having problems, he wasn't there for him when the original line up of Skid Row broke up and he certainly wasn't there when Bach did all the hard work trying to relaunch his career

Axl has helped him, yes, and seems to be a friend - yes - but Bach needs to take more credit for his own skill

Some of the Audio interviews when he is with Axl are hilarious, like Howard Stern in 1990, and obviously with Eddie Trunk in 2006.  Grin

I've never heard any more then these two, could you let me know if there are any?

2006.06.09 - Dublin, Ireland
2006.07.29 - London, England
2010.09.01 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.17 - Dublin, Ireland
2012.05.23 - Newcastle, England
2017.07.17 - London, England
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 10:48:10 AM »

now o f course Axl has helped his career post Skid Row more than anyone.. of course Baz also said Nick Sterling is the best guitarist he ever had when without all of Snake's songs, he wouldn't be anywhere.

One.In.A.Million
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 11:02:14 AM »

I've never heard any more then these two, could you let me know if there are any?

I am not aware of anymore either, that's why I pointed out the two that I knew.  Cheesy
MrGawain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 02:47:33 PM »

So perhaps the real question is: if Axl is an hour and a half late, is his voice more fragile than if he's only half an hour late?

I think it was pretty obvious that Bach was brought along as an insurance policy last time (subbing for Axl to do Paradise City) when I saw them. If you think about it, there is illness/AWOL cover for the Guitarists, Dizzy and Tommy (I think Chris Pitman is also a bass player?), and I expect there's even cover for Frank somewhere. Axl has a lot resting on those vocal chords, and having Bach around must give him a little peace of mind if nothing else.

Roll on the o2 dates!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 05:03:39 PM »

I think Dave "the Snake" Sabo, Rachel Bolan and Scotti Hill have helped Baz's career a bit more than Axl..As far as Bon Jovi, he did help get Skid Row signed after Dave Sabo, a longtime NJ friend, gave him a demo w/ Baz singining.

actually Bon Jovi were in Canada and Jon Heard Baz sing in a bar and it blew him away so he flew Baz to NJ and let him stay in his house while he tried out for Skid.

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 05:18:59 PM »

actually Bon Jovi were in Canada and Jon Heard Baz sing in a bar and it blew him away so he flew Baz to NJ and let him stay in his house while he tried out for Skid.

Then he stole their royalties...
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 06:38:06 PM »

Nice story, but that's not how it went down.Sebastian and Maria heard the I Remember You demo and decided to lay vocals down. Skid Ro flew him in and he soon joined tha band. Jon Bon Jovi liked the demo, he turned down demoes w/ other singers stating it's got to be good because he can only help him once.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 10:47:33 PM »

Then he stole their royalties...

he didn't steal anything.

they negotiated and they signed.

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2010, 02:29:05 AM »

Here we go with D and Bon Jovi again. Damn dude, I thought your love affair with him would have been way over by now, like you would have had an epiphany regarding that dude. I will pray for you D (even though I am agnostic).

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: