Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 08:38:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Reading (mp3)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reading (mp3)  (Read 6123 times)
svdv22
VIP

This is not a piano falling out of the sky

« on: September 04, 2010, 06:48:05 AM »

Here's a show I got from the gnr tracker. Anythinggoes II recorded and shared it with us.

The lossless version is available at the tracker: http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=14da34d988aadd0a48d56142362e525e207c1302
If you prefer the mp3 verison you can get it here: http://wtrns.fr/BrFHpky61rdANq
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:18:31 PM by svdv22 » Logged

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »

Did you ask if you are able to spread the MP3s? Most people whom upload their own master recordings don't want mp3's widely spread.

Would definitely ask anythinggoes...this could just piss him off and make him not upload future versions.

Not very smart.
zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 10:34:28 AM »

at least some more information about the upload, like tracklist, lineage, bitrate... would be cool. is this off the proshot, or audience shot? hard to guess without download.

André Menk
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 11:04:46 AM »

Thank's !!!
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 11:17:06 AM »

More information : http://www.gunsnroses.us/tracker/index.php?page=torrent-details&id=14da34d988aadd0a48d56142362e525e207c1302

It's fair enough to post a link to the lossless version too, If anyone wants that. So here it is.

I'm not going to ask permission to share audio to someone who isn't the owner of the audio to begin with.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 11:23:50 AM »

Lol, just another reason so many people don't share their recordings. No respect for those who risk it and tape shows.

*sigh*
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »

I respect the bootleggers and I'm glad there are people who record show because I like collecting them.
I do not have a recorder myself but if I did I would record shows I've been to.

But you cannot tell me what or what not to do with the audio. It's not yours, just because your recorded it. And I think lossless bootlegs are complete bullshit. So I collect, and share, mp3.

And if that makes people not want to share their recordings anymore, fine.

anythinggoes II
a real fan
Headliner

Why dont you just......

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 01:12:24 PM »

I respect the bootleggers and I'm glad there are people who record show because I like collecting them.

But you cannot tell me what or what not to do with the audio. It's not yours, just because your recorded it. And I think lossless bootlegs are complete bullshit. So I collect, and share, mp3.

You'll find that we dont care what you do with the audio for your own private collection, but we would like the respect that if you are going to reshare it, to keep it in the original format, that is all. Plus its not like you even mentioned where you got it from or anything, manners my friend maybe you could learn some.

Sick of this life

Not that you care.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 02:17:11 PM »

You suggest I don't have manners?
First of all I did say where I got it from. But yeah I agree, the least I can do is put your name up too and give the visitors a much fairer choice by also pointing to the location where you can get the lossless version.
But I bet there are more people like me who don't give a shit about lossless bootlegs but don't know how to convert it to mp3, or just don't have the right software.
And don't think I don't hear any difference, I do but I insist on not giving a damn.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:19:49 PM by svdv22 » Logged

axl_78
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »

If you prefer the mp3 verison you can get it here: http://wtrns.fr/BrFHpky61rdANq

file expired  Sad
can you reup the file?? please
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »

Already? Shocked They said they would keep it online at least 2 weeks..

I'll reupload soon

edit: http://wtrns.fr/FbEZSzCG5OTeel
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:44:40 PM by svdv22 » Logged

axl_78
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 04:47:16 PM »

Already? Shocked They said they would keep it online at least 2 weeks..

I'll reupload soon

edit: http://wtrns.fr/FbEZSzCG5OTeel

thanks a lot ok
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:20:09 AM »

thanks anythinggoes  Smiley

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 08:00:54 AM »

+1

Im sick of these shit faced jabronis trying to tell you that you have to ask authorization to share the audio of the shows... fuck that! We're all a community so stop fucking with each others. The Gnr community never ceases to amaze me.
Iv been visiting the Kid Rock forums where you have people actually volunteering to send you stuff by mail, rare stuff!! Stuff that could be on ebay for like 200 or more dollars... for FREE!
And then i look at the GNR community...and i see stupid attention seeking hoarders keeping to themselves, and i see bootlegers wanting the attention of people having to ask for their authorization to listen to something that inst theirs... Fuck that!
Im so goddamn tired of this band and all the people that surround it! I dont even come to the forums that much...

So if you're looking for some kind of prize for sharing your bootlegs, and are not sharing just for the purpose of being a great community fellow, than you can stick your bootlegs and recordings and demos where the sun will never shine!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2010, 08:03:18 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2010, 09:10:01 AM »

Its not the case where people who record want to be seen as some important person or having 'prizes' for sharing stuff.  When someone records a show they have recorded that show in a certain fashion to be released in a certain media (FLAC or MP3).  This has been shared as a FLAC file - tapers (and I have been one of them) go to great strengths to record the show and then to release.  It isnt much to ask for people who download these shows to keep them in the original format when sharing in public.  It is good manners to ask the original source if they mind if the show is shared in another format - normally 8 times out of 10 they will be fine about it.

It does always make me laugh that the people that normally moan about this type of stuff are the ones that have never recorded a bootleg themselves.

cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2010, 11:12:30 AM »

It does always make me laugh that the people that normally moan about this type of stuff are the ones that have never recorded a bootleg themselves.

+1

Pretty much sums it up here. Most people, if not all, who convert shit to mp3 and share it have never taped.
svdv22
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 11:46:17 AM »

Let's just agree on disagreeing then.

And I'd record a show any time but I don't have a recorder. I have a handheld cam which I'll probably be taking with me. Problem is.. battery will last probably for an hour or so and quality isn't great..

fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »

A lot of tapers didnt have recorders until they went out and got one.  I didnt have a good cam battery to tape a show until I went out bought one.  Look, i'm not having a go at you for taping shows, just that like you have just proved - its takes time, money and effort to tape a show and then to watch someone show disrespect and share in versions you dont want to see is annoying.

svdv22
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 01:28:32 AM »

I think it's annoying that the tapers decides in which format the collector should collect his/her bootlegs.
I agree that if the tapers releases it lossless you should always begin with sharing the lossless version.
And the way the pro-lossless people like to see it, the people who do not know how to convert to mp3 have no chance in collecting or ever hearing the shows.

Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 09:47:47 AM »

Exactly! If you're going to record stuff expecting people to obey you, then why record it at all.... thats just not right.

U can share in which format you want.. originally!, but if someone decides to rip it into an mp3 and share with everybody else, theres nothing wrong with that, as long as the original recorder is mentioned and what you did with it, to make sure people know that its just a rip of a better quality flac, its fine...

The only thing wrong to me, is when your exact recording ends up in a cd that people are selling for like 60 dollars or more in a store... now that would make me pissed off, other than that, i dont see the big deal of it.

I think its more annoying to have to get a "special codec or mp3 player download" to listen to the songs in flacs... since whenever u try to listen them on itunes, it wont work, neither on windows media player, at least on mine it wont... Now thats annoying...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:49:22 AM by Halo69 » Logged

Oh My God i cant deny this...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: